1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Got this bad boy about three weeks ago. $255.00 shipped. I was totally jazzed. Opened the box only to find the bracket for the peg in the left boot was broke and the eyes didnt light up. Turns out all I had to do was futz with batteries to fix the eye problem and my replacement boots arrived today. Got my velvet cape (for both my OC batman and my DX from iforigno) All is well right? Not so fast, turns out I pretty much live in fear of this thing. I have become obsessive about checking it for leaking, and I am scared to death to mess with it out of fear that something I do will trigger the problem. For instance the magnetic belt that comes on the figure has a thin clear plastic film on the inside that sits between the belt and the body and I am reluctant to even remove this. I love this thing, but I am really scared to "play" with it.

Got this bad boy about three weeks ago. $255.00 shipped. I was totally jazzed. Opened the box only to find the bracket for the peg in the left boot was broke and the eyes didnt light up. Turns out all I had to do was futz with batteries to fix the eye problem and my replacement boots arrived today. Got my velvet cape (for both my OC batman and my DX from iforigno) All is well right? Not so fast, turns out I pretty much live in fear of this thing. I have become obsessive about checking it for leaking, and I am scared to death to mess with it out of fear that something I do will trigger the problem. For instance the magnetic belt that comes on the figure has a thin clear plastic film on the inside that sits between the belt and the body and I am reluctant to even remove this. I love this thing, but I am really scared to "play" with it.

Well, if you have the 3rd batch all you need to look at are the biceps :) if it doesn't leak, then you're all good :)

I'm sad for you. This place has ruined even the good DX02 figures out there. :(

How do I know what batch mine is from?

If you bought it three weeks ago, then it's most likely 3rd batch. If the abs armor is made of hard plastic and if there's a plastic film wrapped around the inside of the belt initially, then that's 3rd batch :) Not sure if there are other indications.

Ok, so I got my Batman DX in the mail yesterday. Busted it out and at first all was well. No leaky abs, no leaky biceps and he looks great. Then I hold him up into a vertical standing position and that's when I notice the abs start looking damp: crap. The seller I bought him from on Ebay is top-rated and probably doesn't want negative feedback. Should I hope the leaking goes away in a week or so or just contact my seller immediately and request a refund?

Don't you have 45 days after the auction to request a refund? Does a week fall within that time frame?

It says "No Returns Accepted" on his listing. However, what I'm wondering is if I should just try and deal with the leaking and hope it stops or try and send him back. OR I could sell him, though I'd feel less great about that.

^^Did he sell it as the new batch? If not, then its a loss to you. The new batch should have no dampness in the abs whatsoever.

It says "No Returns Accepted" on his listing.

He can say whatever he wants - but as an Ebay buyer, the Ebay Buyer Protection should trump everything. If you think you were sold a defective product, that was not specifically labeled as defective, you should be able to get your money back, and you should not feel like there is anything wrong with that.

Hell, if he refuses returns, then any dispute you start might very well end up with you keeping both the figure and the money.

However, what I'm wondering is if I should just try and deal with the leaking and hope it stops or try and send him back. OR I could sell him, though I'd feel less great about that.

If you don't want the figure, you should get a refund, rather than trying to pawn it off on someone else.

Given that your figure is not from the DCD batch, there's just as much chance of it continuing as there is of it stopping.

Since you don't know if it'll stop or not, you should proceed with the assumption that it won't stop leaking and act accordingly, because your options will narrow as time passes.

So ask yourself this - if you know it will continue leaking, would you rather keep it or get your money back?

He can say whatever he wants - but as an Ebay buyer, the Ebay Buyer Protection should trump everything. If you think you were sold a defective product, that was not specifically labeled as defective, you should be able to get your money back, and you should not feel like there is anything wrong with that.

Hell, if he refuses returns, then any dispute you start might very well end up with you keeping both the figure and the money.

If you don't want the figure, you should get a refund, rather than trying to pawn it off on someone else.

Given that your figure is not from the DCD batch, there's just as much chance of it continuing as there is of it stopping.

Since you don't know if it'll stop or not, you should proceed with the assumption that it won't stop leaking and act accordingly, because your options will narrow as time passes.

So ask yourself this - if you know it will continue leaking, would you rather keep it or get your money back?

Well said, Haytil. And good call about the Ebay buyer protection. I hope it means I'll get my shipping back too (the money I spent getting it to me), 'cause if not between shipping it to me and back I'll lose a crapload of money. But I agree, I should assume it's going to continue to leak and request a refund. This guy didn't say anything about the leaking abs, and he should have, since he opened it up to take pics of it there's no reason he shouldn't have known. Thanks for the advice. :mummy

paypal will pretty much always side with the buyer, even through ebay. this is my experience.

Thanks again for all the advice guys. The seller is a Top Rated seller and didn't even give me any grief over this, just said to send it back and that Ebay would cover the shipping costs of sending it back (hope that's true). I took the figure out again and removed his belt and found that underneath his belt he was extremely oily, even worse than I'd thought.

That said, I also took the opportunity to pose him a bit. I have to say that in hand, he's an extremely impressive figure -- even my girlfriend was blown away by him. However, he's basically incapable of being posed. You can't lift either of this thighs, nor can you raise his arms anywhere close to a punching position. That rubber suit renders him stiff beyond poseability, which was a bummer. I don't think I'm going to try and find a DCD version of him, just 'cause...what's the point? He's basically a doll in a rubber suit.

Anyway, thanks again for all the advice on this. It was nice to own a DX Batman, even if only for a few days.

You can't lift either of this thighs, nor can you raise his arms anywhere close to a punching position. That rubber suit renders him stiff beyond poseability, which was a bummer.

Yeah, that's a real caveat for me. It's also why I feel DX02's kinda inferior to MMS71. I have both and I really love the latter more.

Yeah, that's a real caveat for me. It's also why I feel DX02's kinda inferior to MMS71. I have both and I really love the latter more.

How is version 1 better? Isn't he in the same rubber suit?

How is version 1 better? Isn't he in the same rubber suit?

The rubber suit is softer so it's able to maintain more poses. It's also the one that can ride the Bat-Pod the best.

Aesthetically, it won't compare to DX02, though. It also suffers from beer belly and the armor is more accurate.

Both version really boils down to whether you're the function over form guy, or vice versa. I'm more of the former, but I bought the DX02 since I want to complete the Batman line.

Glad I resisted the urge to buy one of these guys...
All the possible leaking problems, plus the lack of mobility makes it a bit of a silly purchase for me.
Besides, I'm sure TDKR will come with a new spiffy suit and HT will make tons of figures from that one as well, hopefully with better QC and R&D.

Might try to get my hands on a Superman Returns figure though... should be fun posing it next to the Reeve figure.

Back