1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

You mean the poses? not the photos. Nothing wrong with the quality of the photos.

A bright light blue backdrop isn't flattering though.
Well, yeah. I didn't mean to be too harsh but i've never once thought of a photo on there shows the figure at it's best. 1/6th scale, 7" whatever.

No more news crew eh, Platty?
Nah man, was left behind, didn't even realise I was the last one until I visited the social group! :lol

A 1000 pages in, i'm now in the market for this figure. Can finally afford it.

I feel like a numpty who everyone is going to give a funny look at for asking some questions but -

what sellers on e-bay offer the DCD batch, can anyone give me any pointers?

Also with BBTS, if a pre order item comes into stock but you haven't enough funds in your account, do they give you a slot of time to put the money in or do they just cancel your order? Or neither?

Thanks in advance.

what sellers on e-bay offer the DCD batch, can anyone give me any pointers?

I was looking at this just last night. Couldn't find any stating DCD.

Besyt bet is to try and find someone selling, with a photo of the actual one you are getting, and check how the belt is wrapped/packed.

Last edited:

Man, I can't wait to do that mod! It just looks fantastic! :clap

Thanks buddy. Agreed, simple and effective.

Why doesn't it hold well though? Are you using a magnet?

I am using a magnet, but I'm wondering if it may be a tad too big and not getting up high enough in the cowl to attach real well. It's just a little loose in it's fit. I may try a smaller magnet.

If you could only have one of the heads, which would it be?

Which is your favorite look?

Mine is with the PERS :google

I love the sonar head but light drains battery to soon.

PERS because it's the "main" look. I just wish I could keep sonar on longer... he never has his sonar eyes with it being turned off in the film.

Actually, during the final battle I'm pretty sure that they turn off for a little bit...

They short out briefly after Joker kicks his ass but they're never turned on while not being lit and in use.

I was looking at this just last night. Couldn't find any stating DCD.

Besyt bet is to try and find someone selling, with a photo of the actual one you are getting, and check how the belt is wrapped/packed.

How is it supposed o look if its the DCD batch?

Just fixed the PERS on my Batman head!

As I mentioned before, the eyes weren't centred, so I decided to have a look at it and now its fixed and they are centrered! :yess:

Never done any mods on my figures, beyound heating the dreds on my Predator so this was pretty nerve wrecking and so glad it paid off! :rock

PERS because it's the "main" look. I just wish I could keep sonar on longer... he never has his sonar eyes with it being turned off in the film.

I finally received my figure about a week ago. This is one of the best figures that i own from Hot Toys...Really it´s worth every penny :panic::yess:
It looks so awsome with the rest of my TDK Figures...^^I´am Happy it´s complete by now...XD

Now coming up Series
Terminator T2: T-800 and T-1000
Iron Man 2: Mark 4 and Black Widow

Just fixed the PERS on my Batman head!

As I mentioned before, the eyes weren't centred, so I decided to have a look at it and now its fixed and they are centrered! :yess:

Never done any mods on my figures, beyound heating the dreds on my Predator so this was pretty nerve wrecking and so glad it paid off! :rock

For future reference, how did you do this?

For future reference, how did you do this?

I'll need to get some batteries for camera to explain it a little easier. Shall put up "how to" shortly.

Don't have a before pic because of the lack of batteries in camera but it is spot on now. Will put something up shortly!:peace

Ok, this is what I did. I don't know if it work for those who have cross eyes, but this is what I did anyway to sort out the lazy eye! This photo marks where the eye was angled before I did this

100_3219A.jpg

The sophisticated tools required for this delicate operation:

- Dull knife with a point

- Multi-tool

100_3205.jpg

Started off by doing what Robbiethepainter did, I gently inserted the knife into the areas marked to break the glue seal

100_3206A.jpg

Then used the pliers on the multi tool to pull that part out exposing the PERS mechanism

100_3208.jpg

Then using the pliers, I gently pulled the one eye out of its socket, followed by the other. I gripped where I have marked, I didn't grip the knob out of fear of it snapping off!

100_3209A.jpg

It popped out quite easily

100_3211.jpg

Then, using the point of the dull knife (pin or something similar would work also) I pushed the pin on the PERS out slightly on the eye which was lazy, then pulled it out completely using the pliers. I didn't do this again for this "how to" because I didn't want to break it, since it is now fixed. But it didn't take much to remove it. It slid out relatively easy

100_3214A.jpg

I then re-assembled the PERS, first by putting the eye back on and the pin back through. When re-assembling I basically turned the lazy eye upside down and re-assembled, which fixed the problem. I then placed the PERS back in the head, lined up with the sockets, and used the pliers to gently force down on the PERS popping it into the sockets!

100_3217A.jpg

And that was it! Wasn't planned I was just looking and farting about with it when I thought to try it and it worked for me. Saved me £40+ for a new head off ebay or the headache and postage cost of getting Hot Toys to replace it, which knowing my luck, the replacement would have been cross eyed or something as well :lol

Any way hope that helps for anyone willing to try :wave

Last edited:

Cheers :)

Also, by doing that, you don't have to completely destroy the PERS like Maglor originally planned to do with the hot knife. You can remove both pins and then control each eye individually if it was your preference, and then still re-assemble it in future and no one would be the wiser!

Back