1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

What type of battery does the Sonar head use? AAA? If so, I guess I'll leave batteries out.

It'll use the same type of batteries the Iron Man figures use. The watch like batteries in a smaller form. The mini coin batteries. I think they are lithium. I'm pretty sure they don't leak where as AA/AAA does. The worst thing the coin batteries would do is just be dead. No battery acid fluids.

Cool, thanks. A nice relief... I'm assuming the figure comes with the batteries right?

Got him today, He is a nice figure, but like Leonidas, lacks real articulation. He looks great in a simple stance, but the rubber suit when bent, looks weird in certian areas. I'm a little let down about the articulation, however relieved that mine was a DCD batch, and had no problems.

I use only Eneloops rechargeables for my AAA or AA needs in collectibles as they hold their charges long and don't leak when depleted.

I've always liked the material of the takara cape, but I hate how the hemming on the side flips out.

Why didn't HT put that material on the the DX Bats? Don't they know that we don't like their capes? :p

Cool, thanks. A nice relief... I'm assuming the figure comes with the batteries right?

Yeah, for the sonar head only. You just pull out the little clear plastic divider that stops the batteries getting drained while in storage.

You'll have to use your own AAA batteries for the stand. I prefer it this way as you wont have battery acid leaking if it was stored in the shop for sometime.

I never leave batteries in items I never use anyway when it comes to AA/AAA. I can guarantee it at some point if it barely gets used the batteries will start leaking acid. You can kiss the springs and contacts goodbye when it does start leaking.

Mine came in today thanks again Q! i cant wait to get home and mess around with him now><

Yeah, I realized I never really used the base lights anyways. Good thing the leak didn't damage anything, it still works.

After getting this figure I did an entire 2 hour rearrange of my toy room. I felt like the room had to be organized if it was going to include the awesomeness of DX Batman (and Joker). Well worth the work.

:postpics:

okok maybe I just like this smiley line :lol

Ha! Will try and post pics later. My gf says it's like a toy shop in there (she hates my hobby with a passion).

Hey everyone...first time poster in this thread, but I've been following it for what seems like forever. I received my DX Bats this past Friday from BBTS and WOW it really is an amazing figure. The level of detail is great and all of the special features and accessories are fantastic. As soon as I took him out of the box, I slapped a custom cape on him and didn't even bother with the Hot Toys cape. Needless to say, I'm very happy with him. I will say however, that I honestly think that Medicom TDK Bats (which I also have) really captures the overall look of the TDK suit better than either of Hot Toys attempts, especially if you put a custom cape on the medicom version and/or do further custom work on the Medicom version that some folks have done. The accessories and special features is where Hot Toys wins hands-down, but for whatever reason, I'm still partial to how my Medi-Bats looks in a neutral pose over either of the Hot Toys Bats. Anyway, just thought I'd chime in with my 2-cents...not trying to start any Medi vs. Hot Toys war or anything...just wanted to share my opinion.

Hey everyone...first time poster in this thread, but I've been following it for what seems like forever. I received my DX Bats this past Friday from BBTS and WOW it really is an amazing figure. The level of detail is great and all of the special features and accessories are fantastic. As soon as I took him out of the box, I slapped a custom cape on him and didn't even bother with the Hot Toys cape. Needless to say, I'm very happy with him. I will say however, that I honestly think that Medicom TDK Bats (which I also have) really captures the overall look of the TDK suit better than either of Hot Toys attempts, especially if you put a custom cape on the medicom version and/or do further custom work on the Medicom version that some folks have done. The accessories and special features is where Hot Toys wins hands-down, but for whatever reason, I'm still partial to how my Medi-Bats looks in a neutral pose over either of the Hot Toys Bats. Anyway, just thought I'd chime in with my 2-cents...not trying to start any Medi vs. Hot Toys war or anything...just wanted to share my opinion.

Welcome and thanks for the post - I actually agree with you. While some of the Medi's details are off, like the wide chest, the back of the neck for example, overall, it looks more like Bale did in TDK for whatever reason. Mind you i have made a large amount of mods to get it to this stage (repaint, head widening, neck thickening, belt changing, cape changing).

Still love my DX too though.

Welcome and thanks for the post - I actually agree with you. While some of the Medi's details are off, like the wide chest, the back of the neck for example, overall, it looks more like Bale did in TDK for whatever reason. Mind you i have made a large amount of mods to get it to this stage (repaint, head widening, neck thickening, belt changing, cape changing).

Still love my DX too though.

OK you two medi lovers just go ahead and post some comparison shots will you already? :lol
I still have to take out my Medi and mod it at all... Come to think about it I still have to take out my Takara batman too :(

Will do once I get my 2nd DX in the next few weeks. My first DX is now in my 1/6 armoury/suit locker

The Medi suit is more accurate simply because of the material used. The suit in the movie wasn't made of rubber.

I love my Medi, but I'm glad I've been able to get an order in for this one (FINALLY!!!), even if now I won't be able to eat for the rest of the month.

The DX is a show stealer, the face expressions are awesome.

Oh, and does he come with TWO belts?

Last edited:

The Medi suit is more accurate simply because of the material used. The suit in the movie wasn't made of rubber.

Not sure what you mean. The movie suit was made of rubber except for the mesh parts (the liner of the suit). And when it comes to that, BOTH the Medicom Batman and DX Batman are inaccurate.

Back