1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

That's been my observation, at certain angles of the head, the front of the neck doesn't look too high by the overall neck looks scrawny and that's what I find throws off taking certain photos. That's why I try to shadow one edge of the neck so you lose how thin it is, once you do that, the head's position relative to his body looks fine.

I plan on finding a way to bulk up the DX neck.

I have faith in you Maglor, you will find a way...:)

Cant wait to see everyone posting more pics once he hits the US!

Cant wait to see everyone posting more pics once he hits the US!

I will post pictures for sure. The waiting is sooooo long damn it!!! I am waiting for this figure sense the release but because of the issues I had to wait almost a year for this...at least DX Batman looks like finally fixed for the third batch.

Well I finally got my figure back from Hot Toys. I first received Batman on Feb 10, it was defective (dent in the armor, bent ears, crooked arm band) next day I email HT, after waiting for them to respond and tell me my pictures were too blurry and taking more pictures, I send it to Toys2 on March 10 ( I had to pay for shipping and insurance :mad: ) they sent it to Hong Kong. Hong Kong sent them the replacement. And now I finally get it back on May 9. :thud: For a total of $263

Here he is with the custom iForigno cape (which I have had since before I got the figure)

DSCN5279.jpg

When I opened the package, first I thought they didn't give me the gauntlets :panic: but they were wrapped separately. The joints on the legs of the figure are kind of loose and he's in permanent 'Medi hip thrust'. The front of his shirt is not glued to his pants, only the back. Other than that he's fine. There is no oil the abs at all, I've had him out of box for 24 hours. ( But i never cared about the oil, I wouldn't have complained, yet I get the defective product of course :pfft: ) Anyway after all that the figure looks pretty cool, but Im so exhausted by the whole ordeal, Im just gonna put it in my shelf and never touch it again.

I've still had no response yet. It'll be a week on Friday since I sent them photos and proof of receipt.

In my experience, HT sucks for being able to contact, I've only ever gotten through once and then never responded to my follow up emails. Maybe it's a language barrier, maybe the emails don't go through, i don't know, but I've had no success, which is why I only buy their stuff from dealers I know will handle such things for me because I know on my own I'm screwed.

How come they are responding to other Americans then? I may be reading too much into this but sometimes I get the impression they choose who they deal with. Or it could be a random thing who gets a replacement.

Either way if nothing comes of this within the next week I'll contact my dealer, ActionHQ. All I just want is new non leaking bodies.

I don't know, luck, random selection, different mail providers. Makes no sense to me, but in my personal experience, theirs is the worst customer support I've ever dealt with. I've had my share of difficult ones, but at least I've always gotten some respone and answer, but I never get through to HT.

I can't see them having issues with .mac email addresses surely.

This is the reason I haven't sent off another response:

• Upon receipt of your email, our Customer Service representative will contact you within 7 working days for further actions.
  • To avoid duplication, please do not send in multiple requests with same enquiry.

I know and I am aware of 7 days but from the amount of people has said they got responses within 48 hours.

I don't have a .mac address though, I have my own website and have my email hosted through the same company.

.mac isn't hotmail though that hotmail is one of the worst getting caught in junk.

I don't use Hotmail either, I just use a generic webhosting company, there's hundreds out there.

Their email-service is really strange. I've mailed them now I don't know, 2 weeks ago? They have replied to my mail for about two days then with this answer:

We are sorry to hear about that.

Our production team are checking your case and will get back you soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your support for Hot Toys products!

Best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys

and at the moment still silence. does anyone get such a reply for the oil-problem? What do the production team want to check? ^^

Why does it feel as if they are making us feel like we are trying to get free figures out of this.

When I contacted HT about my leaky Batman first time around they may have had problems understanding what I was trying to say as we went back and forth many times but they did reply almost instantly. I did most of my emails late at night back then and maybe that was the difference?
I have since tried to contact them again about my second bat since last week and have yet to get any reply. I will take my own advise and resubmit my request late tonight again.
I can see that sometimes when I am overwhelmed with emails I work my way backwards so I tend to reply new emails fast but working the way back through emails takes longer but this way I will not reply to an older email only to find out that I already got another more updated email which I have to reply to again..

Hi guys,
I'm new to 1/6 figure collecting.
I caved in & bought the DX02 last night. There was a spot of oil on the abs but it's not bad. Will monitor it.
I have some stains on the shoulder pads, something like dried water stain. How do I remove it? Thanks.

Back