1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I hope at least they will make things better and the Bat won't be leaking as hell. Fingers crossed! I will be so pissed off if HT will just dare to release the same figure with the same problem in the 3rd batch . It is just not acceptable.

Jesus! What happaned with the paint? Is that from the first or the second batch?

Nothing wrong with the paint, vodoun just highlight the area which has no oil residue seeping through the suit.

By the way, aren't there a dedicated thread on the oil residue issue?

Don't worry. Hot Toys says it wont ruin your collectible experience. ¬_¬

It'll just ruin my experience of ever buying anything Hot Toys new again. I work in customer service, and nothing pisses me off more than bad customer service.

Sad, because this is a stunning figure apart from this one issue.

Hey guys, here's a few pics of a custom cape i made from an old halloween costume lol. I was pretty happy with the results. What do you guys think?

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

Kind of hard to tell, but looks great in that picture. Lays nice and flat on the shoulder! :)

Is it so thin that light shines through it?

Kind of hard to tell, but looks great in that picture. Lays nice and flat on the shoulder! :)

Is it so thin that light shines through it?

Thnx, and no light does not shine through it. I tried my best to make the cape look slim.

couple quick questions, as I was thinking about doing this myself:

1) Is it one peice of material or 2 back to back, so that it feels different on the inside?

2) Did you hem the bottom edge?

3) Did you make a jaged edge or is it straight along the bottom?

couple quick questions, as I was thinking about doing this myself:

1) Is it one peice of material or 2 back to back, so that it feels different on the inside?

2) Did you hem the bottom edge?

3) Did you make a jaged edge or is it straight along the bottom?

No its one piece of material. No i didnt hem the bottom edge, and it goes straight along the bottom. My adivce to you, is that you should put the original cape over the material that your going to use for the custom cape and cut over it. I hope this helped some what.

i thought batch 3 will be released by april or may?

The DCD batch is still coming out then, but at this point it's hard to give a number to that. Ordinarily it would be simple, 1- HK, 2- International and 3- DCD, but in their fumbling to fix this, it seems like HT may be sending out some now supposedly fixed, and sellers may spin just what they're selling to build confidence in buyers. This figure is just a disaster for everyone, trying to buy one without problems for customers, trying to put it out without problems for Hot Toys. Short of crumbling to dust in collector hands out of the box, doesn't seem like there's much to go wrong with this figure that hasn't.

Plus one can't say it's fixed. People have had their figures for weeks up to a month to 2 month then it started leaking. So 1 - 4 - 7 days isn't a sign of it being fixed.

This oil issue is really putting me off this figure. Which is a shame because I want it so bad. Dont want to fork out cash for this and be dissapointed because of the oil. And also dont know what long term effects it will have. Probably still going to break down and buy it. Just hope wont be too dissapointed when I do.

Back