1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

^^^

BrooklynWolf X That neck looks great!!!

I forget, were you able to have normal ball joint function and everything with this mod?

I don't normaly like to do permanent mods, but if I can't find an extra neck (either V1 of DX) I may do this. I just want it to function the same as it did without the mod.

Also, did you mod 2 necks. Both the Batman one and the Bruce display?

Geil, your just full of good ideas! If I had a space to hang them, I would ask you to cut me a couple frames!

Lovelyscene.jpg

darthCipan, I Love that! But I thought Bean never talked?!?! :p

the thing with me is, i have 3 of the DX bats. which is why i had the balls to actually do this mod. although the ball joint is no longer there, it still functions like it did, only a bit looser. the thing that is making that possible is because his collar is snug around the neck. if you want to tilt his neck forward,left, right, you can. you have to realize one thing, even with the ball joint intact, his neck still couldn't do any dynamic posing, coincidentally, because of the snugness of the collar. ALSO, you have to take into account just how much the human neck can move as well. if you want to do some crazy comic book poses, well, then this mod is definitely not the way to go. it's more for accuracy in terms of proportions and the way he looked in the film.

i will tell you this though, if i only had ONE DX fig...i would've thought twice about this mod, but that isn't the case. another reason why i went this route as opposed to sanding down the top of the neck (magnet part) is because of one thing...if you look closely at the neck, is has those...partitions(?) right? i wanted the thicker part of the neck to mesh with the collar, giving him that natural slant where the neck meets the traps. seeing the mod with the top of the neck sanded down, the part of the neck where it goes in...well, it didn't give the curve i wanted.

anyway, since i've have 2 more necks, i can always think of the modded neck as the hero neck, and if i want stunts, i'll use the extra necks.

as for the bruce mod, that was the V1 neck that i 'destroyed'. sanded the hell outta that one. the thing that's connecting the head to the neck is a piece of foam from the DX packaging. and once again, the collar on the V1 body is holding the V1 neck in place. although i think i went a bit too sand happy with the V1 neck and am currently thinking of methods to make it stay on better without having to rely on the collar.

Maul, hows your figure now?...

Lovelyscene.jpg

darthCipan, I Love that! But I thought Bean never talked?!?! :p

That's why Mr. Bean's bubble is round as it is a thought bubble whereas Batman's is rectangular :lol

For Batman, Mr. Bean will make an exception to talk maglor :lol
Geil, sharp eye on the difference of the dialogue box. Just want to convey how dark and grim batman voice is compared to Mr. Bean's funny voice :naughty Would be funny to hear Batman voicing Teddy's voice:lol

hah love mr bean - rowan is amazing - i think bean did talk talk but only very few words

A man of few words...

Has anyone got any tips on getting the cloak-back-pack onto the version 1 Dark Knight Batman as I'm finding it very difficult compared to the DX Batman. I know they are different body sculpts but it seems like it should fit and I have seen some pictures online of it on the V.1 Batman.

The clips on the bottom of the backpack do not fit V1 as the V1 shoulderblade covers are larger and hence the fitmen issues. If you want it to fit snuggly I fear you will have to bend or remove those clips :p

OK finally framed those beautiful covers

framesg.jpg

Still need to find real thin acrylic sheets to cover the front to protect

Frames were cheap from Michaels but stupid blade to cut aluminum cost me and arm and a leg but I needed to cut some ikea frames as well, just hope I have more use for it down the road

Excellent idea! :rock Very creative and a cool way to show those off.

oh today I found some thin and cheap acrylic at Home Depot but was too lazy to cut it :p weekend I guess :p will post some more pictures when done ;)

:p :p :p :p :p :p

;)

:monkey3

[Edit: you know I'm just teasing you, right Geil? Don't change anything about the way you post! I love you just the way you are!!!]

Last edited:

Hi this is my first thread so i`m a bit of excited :lol

@ Geil thats is a nice idea, for frame the cover of the Hot Toys box . :rock2

I have make one photo of my Batman DX.
imgp1835z.jpg

Welcome Bowzer!!! :duff

Interesting angle in that pic!

I want to get this figure so bad, but im not sure its worth the trouble.

I'm just holding out for the DCD batch.

Same. But everyone keeps saying the "oil" is used to keep the new rubber suit from deteriorating, So im not to sure how Hot Toys is going to fix the problem by removing the liquid substance.

HT never seizes to amaze me so you never know.

The waiting game sucks.:lol

Back