1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

In the comparison shot I don't think it looks that different but in the 1st shot posted it looks great, nice job plasmid.

Mines been out of the box for about 5 or 6 days now, I was posing him last night and noticed a small amount of oil so dabbed it away. I'll just have to wait and see if it comes back.
I did lift the stomach armour and pull the front of the trousers down a little, theres like a very slight silicone spray residue (like the stuff you spray on the dash of a car to shine it up), so I placed a thin piece of kitchen roll there to see if it absorbs much over 24 hrs (will check again tonight).
I took the problem up with HT and was told that there was a sticker that covers the back of the belt, once this is removed the problem 'should' go away. I don't know if they mean the plastic wrapping that the belt came in when box fresh(which I have already removed, or if there is a second sticker actually on the belt, I shall again check tonight.

I think the oil come from inside(I mean the body).

And the solution to solve this ploblem is rinse the oil,

take of the rubber suit and wash the oil by dilute shampoo

-----------------------------------------------

But I never do that because it vary costly.

I havnt dabbed any of mine yet, just left it there, will see how it goes, and/if it dries by itself. Seems to have

Hi, i received my replacements body and heads and they are great.

Thanks Hot toys for your perfect customer service.

I got a reply from HT telling me that their factory is currently on holiday for the Chinese new year until next Tuesday, and I'll get a replacement body after that. But they kinda seem reluctant to it as, even though I told them that my suit was now peeling in the ab area, here's how they ended the mail:
"So, please keep it and see if residue remove from abs area, then no need to destroy your beloved toys. "
???

They just don't understand that wiping this residue over and over again will cause the suit to peel!

They said batch 2 wasn't gong to be going out until after the Chinese New Year. So why was that rushed once again...

Except if the desicant was the problem, wouldn't this issue have occurred in the box? It's only happening out of the box.

No it's not.
As I said if you go look 6mins into my video there is a pool of oil on the ab straight out of the box
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/H1y9PPdpLb8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/H1y9PPdpLb8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
I think it silicone oil. Rubber buttons on remote controls have it embedded inside them, and they are known to leak too.

Guys, I finally got my DX Bats yesterday and I believe this is supposed to be the second batches. Suit is perfect with no peeling or imperfection whatsoever but oil residue is there on the abs right out of the box. Been cleaning it every few hours and I think it is going to be a while before this 'oil' thing dries up.

However my PERS head has the slight case of a longer right ear. It is actually quite noticeable and I think I should try to seek for a replacement from HT.

Anyone knows how I go about doing there? What is the email address for such a situation?

The sonar head is fine though and the sticky bomb gun is just a work of art.

The process is simply to email them, explaining the problem, and attaching Pictures showing what the problem is.

Also attach a copy of your sales receipt (if you got it from ebay, ask the ebay seller to send you the sales receipt so you can get a replacement from Hot Toys).

Then HT will reply asking you to destroy the defective parts, in this case the head. You will need to cut it in two pieces, send them the pictures showing you have done this. And then they will send you the replacement!

Actually a pretty straightforward process (Thank God).

Also attach a copy of your sales receipt (if you got it from ebay, ask the ebay seller to send you the sales receipt so you can get a replacement from Hot Toys).

Thats automated. I've never had anything from eBay where I never had the proof of purchase whether it be eBay or any etailer.

Guys, I finally got my DX Bats yesterday and I believe this is supposed to be the second batches. Suit is perfect with no peeling or imperfection whatsoever but oil residue is there on the abs right out of the box. Been cleaning it every few hours and I think it is going to be a while before this 'oil' thing dries up.

However my PERS head has the slight case of a longer right ear. It is actually quite noticeable and I think I should try to seek for a replacement from HT.

Anyone knows how I go about doing there? What is the email address for such a situation?

The sonar head is fine though and the sticky bomb gun is just a work of art.

The process is simply to email them, explaining the problem, and attaching Pictures showing what the problem is.

Then HT will reply asking you to destroy the defective parts, in this case the head. You will need to cut it in two pieces, send them the pictures showing you have done this. And then they will send you the replacement!

Actually a pretty straightforward process (Thank God).
:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

What he said, the details are all here-
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/index.php?target=pages&page_id=contact

[email protected]

Speaking of which - i just got my tracking no for my replacement Sonar head - should be here next week!

Mine has shipped. Oh happy days. \o/

I am so close to canceling this and getting a Medi or V1 instead. It makes me VERY sad because it is such an awesome figure but I don't want to deal with this residue problem they refuse to address.

I took the problem up with HT and was told that there was a sticker that covers the back of the belt, once this is removed the problem 'should' go away. I don't know if they mean the plastic wrapping that the belt came in when box fresh(which I have already removed, or if there is a second sticker actually on the belt, I shall again check tonight.

I'm really dissappointed with the sort of "don't give a ____" attitude they're taking with this problem, I got that same answer and it just sounds like a guessing game, like "here, try this, I can't be bothered by you", it doesn't suggest to me that they're even looking into the problem, but that's why I intend to persist in pestering them. There is no other sticker on the belt, only the protective tape from shipping.

I told them that my suit was now peeling in the ab area

They just don't understand that wiping this residue over and over again will cause the suit to peel!

I'm starting to lean towards replacement now too, I noticed this morning after his wipe down, that the paint is coming off where I have to wipe, and since I still have to wipe, it's only going to get worse. For a $200 they can replace it, it's not customers' fault they put out a defective product, Toyota can man up, so can Hot Toys.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but would Eric (toys2) take care of this for us, or would be have to go through HT for a replacement if the oil problem persists?

Definitely go for the replacement Maulfan, mate. With some photos of the paint beginning to wear utilising your photo skills, i'm sure they'd take the problem more seriously, (if they aren't doing already).

I am so close to canceling this and getting a Medi or V1 instead. It makes me VERY sad because it is such an awesome figure but I don't want to deal with this residue problem they refuse to address.

Get the Medi AND the DX. But DO NOT get the v1 :horror

Sorry if this has been answered before, but would Eric (toys2) take care of this for us, or would be have to go through HT for a replacement if the oil problem persists?

I would assume, like any problem, that Eric would be the middle man for us.

I just submitted an email to Toys2 to find out what needs to be done. If it were just a matter of constant wiping I might have endured, but when the only thing HT'll say is keep wiping and now the wiping is causing the paint to wear away, they can kiss my rear for a $200 item, they owe it to customers not to put out stuff like this and if this problem to is tied to a rush in production, that's on them.

And yeah, I'm getting fired up about it :lol, but I'm not going to just start cursing them out on Facebook like the batch 1 people, I'm going to just go through the proper channels and take standard course of action until the matter is resolved.

I would assume, like any problem, that Eric would be the middle man for us.

I just submitted an email to Toys2 to find out what needs to be done. If it were just a matter of constant wiping I might have endured, but when the only thing HT'll say is keep wiping and now the wiping is causing the paint to wear away, they can kiss my rear for a $200 item, they owe it to customers not to put out stuff like this and if this problem to is tied to a rush in production, that's on them.

And yeah, I'm getting fired up about it :lol, but I'm not going to just start cursing them out on Facebook like the batch 1 people, I'm going to just go through the proper channels and take standard course of action until the matter is resolved.

Your assumption is correct...that's what Eric is doing for me.

Back