1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Maybe it's me but do the sonar eyes (eyelids) seem asymmetrical to you?

I think that's just lighting, the figure's right side is well lit showing the full black area, where the left just has a little catch light on the edge.

For a long time I never realized the sonar eyes were so little an opening, I always thought basically the whole opean area for his eyes was covered in the lit up stuff, then I started studying the look for some graphics stuff and realized there were "eyelids" to them.

i always thort the PERS on my joker was affected by the cold english weather. innuendo time - wen i started twisting his stick it was really stiff and i cud tell i was gonna snap it if i played with it too hard. once the figure had got used to the room temp in my house, his stick action was a lot smoother

:rotfl:lol:lol:lol:monkey1

Y'know, flaws and recalls aside, I still don't think I like the TDK batsuit....

Y'know, flaws and recalls aside, I still don't think I like the TDK batsuit....

People say that a lot but I think it's the best Bat-suit out of any of the films.

Agreed, visually, I still find the suit from Burton's first film to be the best looking costume of all the Bat movies, I wish that suit were done with a budget and better resources so it could have been as nice as possible, but it still came out great doing what they could with what they had.

People say that a lot but I think it's the best Bat-suit out of any of the films.

The first pics that were leaked of the suit, i thought he looked bad ass on top of that police cruiser, then months later i hated the suit because it looks like a motorcycle outfit more then a Batman suit(especially the gloves), then i watched TDK and it grew on me again.I guess i am just up and down about it.I really like how functional it is compared to the older suits, thats for sure.

I didn't like the TDK suit in publicity shots, but in there, you could see spots where the suit would wrinkle and look awkward, on film and in figure form, the suit looks nicer so it's grown on me, plus, while the figures do a good job of distinguishing textures in the materials, it still doesn't feel like so many piences like the real suit does.

I really like how functional it is compared to the older suits, thats for sure.

Ah but those forced 'full body turns', ridiculous though they were in all the films up to Batman Begins and the beginning of TDK, became really identifiably Batman - so much so I thought nothing of them until all this talk by Bruce Wayne of wanting to be able to turn his head. I do like that they acknowledged the restrictiveness of the suits within the film though, that was funny and cool.

I think the Batman Begins suit is the best mix of aesthetics and performance. It looks like it could be a real, plausible, high tech suit, but still has the iconic Batman look to it, especially in silhouette shots. It's my favorite suit for me.

bbcostume2_1106929765.jpg

Does anyone know if the backpack/cape holder thing fits on the regular DK Batman?

I agree, it's still not perfect and the DK suit moves so much better but in just still shots the Begins suit is my favorite. It's very much simply an updated version of the Returns suit which was previously my favorite. The original Burton suit I think is pretty spotty looking. It looks very much like a bad cosplay outfit. It's ill fitting and has iffy anatomy sculpted on it.

batman-returns.jpg

batman10.jpg

The cowl in particular on the 89 suit is really bad.

I think the Batman Begins suit is the best mix of aesthetics and performance. It looks like it could be a real, plausible, high tech suit, but still has the iconic Batman look to it, especially in silhouette shots. It's my favorite suit for me.

bbcostume2_1106929765.jpg

I agree, one mean lookin SOB!. Probally my favorite movie Batman suit with Batman Returns suit coming second.

Honestly I never liked the idea that Batman wore a suit with fake sculpted muscles on it. It seems very un-Bruce Wayne. "I must make the bad guys think I am a Greek God!" I like the idea of versatility and real muscles UNDER the suit, something I never quite got from Keaton or Burton's Batman.

Yeah not a big fan of the sculpted muscles myself but I can get behind the body armor idea and I do really like the arms on the Dark Knight suit. I was pretty psyched when we saw the side view on the top of the cop car which didn't show a lot of the torso or legs. The chest makes NO sense on the DK suit and the legs are a total mess.

Why are pieces of the covering cut off exposing the carbon fiber on the chest? I've said this before, but if the leg plates are meant to be hard plates why do they extend unbroken over places where the body bends (in particular around the knees and over the arse) and if they're meant to be soft plates why are they so weirdly broken up?

Honestly I never liked the idea that Batman wore a suit with fake sculpted muscles on it. It seems very un-Bruce Wayne. "I must make the bad guys think I am a Greek God!" I like the idea of versatility and real muscles UNDER the suit, something I never quite got from Keaton or Burton's Batman.

It was shown in the first Batman movie that Bruce Wayne was a collector of armor from various past civilizations so, maybe the muscle chest armor design was taken from Roman times.

It was shown in the first Batman movie that Bruce Wayne was a collector of armor from various past civilizations so, maybe the muscle chest armor design was taken from Roman times.

Never thought of that...makes a lot of sense actually.

000468.jpg

Now no one can hate on the Shoe maker's Bat-nipples again!

Agreed, visually, I still find the suit from Burton's first film to be the best looking costume of all the Bat movies, I wish that suit were done with a budget and better resources so it could have been as nice as possible, but it still came out great doing what they could with what they had.

I agree. I liked it because of its simplicity and it was closest to the comic book costume. Unfortunately, some people thought it had a "gay-boy" look. Another reason why we'll never get to see that same design for future Batfilms is because production/costume designers will always strive to come up with their original designs because they don't want to be accused of copying other people's work.

I liked the Batman Begins suit from the neck down. I didn't like the way Bale couldn't turn his head and then they gave him some intense action scenes. At points it seemed like him (and the cinematographer) was struggling. Keaton got away with it because he mainly just stood on shadowy building and looked awesome!

Back