1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

the shot with the full body looking down with the sonar eyes looks new to me. maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen it before...

the shot with the full body looking down with the sonar eyes looks new to me. maybe I'm wrong, but I've never seen it before...

yup never seen it before, if it was shown i have no idea where. definitely not the promos, maybe a magazine? i would assume its new though, possibly part of the promos just not shown (possibly due to fatness).

boy does he look fat there.i dont get it, all the promos make him look so lean and perfect in proportion. so many pics since then have shown almost no difference from the original TDK suit. I just don't get how its so hard to get right.

It's a shot we haven't seen, but the fact it's printed with shots we have already seen says to me it's just another photo from the set they took long ago and HT didn't use it but press groups have access to more than we're shown and that shot probably fit best into the layout.

i don't know if we had those pics in this size:

2009828223427161.jpg

2009828223910927.jpg

2009828223921209.jpg

200982822374969.jpg

2009828223724244.jpg

Last edited:

That grapple gun holster is horrid. If it gets any higher it'll be in his arm pits.

Chest is still way to bulky, if they dont fix it then i will probably have to pass!

Last edited:

Still bulky...I hope HT is working on slimming the body.

Chest is still way to bulky, if they dont it then i will probably have to pass!

These pics are from long ago when the first pictures of the figure came out, he's going to look the same as he always has.

Hopefully HT has something new to show us before they release him

Hopefully HT has something new to show us before they release him

Don't you worry about that; that time is a long long way away! What?.....6/7 months at least, now with the current lot of delays on figure releases; Joker, I'm looking at you! :mad:

yup never seen it before, if it was shown i have no idea where. definitely not the promos, maybe a magazine? i would assume its new though, possibly part of the promos just not shown (possibly due to fatness).

It's a shot we haven't seen, but the fact it's printed with shots we have already seen says to me it's just another photo from the set they took long ago and HT didn't use it but press groups have access to more than we're shown and that shot probably fit best into the layout.

Ah yes. I thouhgt it was a shot from the first scans, (below), but it does appear new. Likely from this set though.

from toyworld

20090713_f57e32fe51769b713788bNg46PjDVGgd.jpg

Ah yes. I thouhgt it was a shot from the first scans, (below), but it does appear new. Likely from this set though.

But even those shots are probably from long ago. From my own experience, I'm sure Hot Toys probably takes dozens of photos of their figures and what they post on their site is their top choices for whatever reasons, but when it comes to publications and such, the media is given access to more shots because what HT likes for their site may not be the best for a magazine layout. There's also the access they grant Tommy Richardson to the figure, but they all seem to happen at once.

I don't think any photo of the figure being seen now is newer and just happens to be shots taken a while back of the figure as we're used to it from their original shots. Basically, I don't think anyone should be concerned how the final figure will look based on these shots, it seems like some folks think some of them were taken yesterday and it's a sign nothing will change on this figure and I don't think that's the right assumption.

I'm trying to be general, like I said, I don't think people should be getting the idea some of these photos were taken like yesterday simply because we've never seen them before, and they're not signs that no changes are being made to the figure.

It seemed like the conclusion many are coming to is that if it's a photo we haven't seen yet, it must have been taken recently and couldn't just be one stashed away on someone's memory card or hard drive for months and just not used until now.

great, we get that ^^^^ty bruce head again......

[TEXT REMOVED FOR BEING OFF TOPIC]

On the subject of the figure;

The shots showing it in different poses etc. are making it look a lot nicer, but really the thighs are the only bit to me that look too fat, I don't see why they couldn't have tried create a new body with slim thighs for the DX Bats

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok gang, I cleaned things up in here to get things back on course, and here's what I'm going to say on this.

EDWARD:

People have come to feel like a lot of what you have to say is negative and at times baseless, I'd suggest perhaps making such bold comments be held back unless you know something for certain or be prepared for people to make the sorts of comments they did in response to you. Something you may not understand about this site, 90% of all Hot Toys products have threads like this once official word is out and at the very first page of a thread is all the information about what is and is not included with the figure. The Wayne portrait doesn't come with this figure, Hot Toys simply wanted to demonstrate in photos that it could be used with this figure.

EVERYONE MAKING COMMENTS ABOUT EDWARD:

You guys don't like him, fine, but you're also half the reason for the comments he makes. I rarely see him post anything without a few people waiting to go after him now, simply because it's him. You go after the guy enough and he's going to start saying things for no other reason than to piss you all off becuase he's feeling the need to fight back, lay off the guy and half the problems will go away.

I was helping the guy! Okay, granted it was with a helping of sarcasm, but still, tough and terse lesson's are effective. But! I respect your decision MaulFan.

Anyway, I just read through some new posts in the HT RE5 Chris Redfield thread, and it has been released in HK. A couple photos from Toyworld shows that the figure comes with EXTRA HAND PEGS! I'm ecstatic because there's a chance HT will include the extra pegs with future figures that need them, i.e. muscle body figures or figures like Batman, which are prone to wrists snaps.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54609&page=19

P1000949.jpg

i don't know if we had those pics in this size:

2009828223910927.jpg

2009828223921209.jpg

Thanks for posting the article! Please allow me to translate bullet point 03 of the content as it may explain why the body still looks bulky.

[03. The shape and line of the new chest armor are more refined. The thickness proportion has also been re-calibrated. Many collectors may question HOT TOYS why there were so many errors or inaccuracy in the first version. The fact is, at the initial stage of the production, they were provided with limited reference materials by the film company. This tampered the decision making of the design team. This time around, there were sufficient and accurate information available for the DX02 version. So despite of the armor costume of the new figure in these pictures was still made with old parts, with HOT TOYS' recent positive attention to external feedback and continue pursuit of perfection, we believe everyone will have confidence in the DX02 final product.]

I don't think we have seen the new body yet ... keep our fingers cross!

Back