1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

It's been a long time since a production figure from HT has been as good as or better than the proto. Granted, their non-human figures usually are proto level of quality, but their human figures aren't quite up there at that level. Not since Cannibal Jack have I seen an in-hand HT figure look as good as its prototype, and that character had the luxury of decorative face paint to distract the eye from any shortcomings (if any, I'm not saying there were). Same with BR Joker, but to a lesser extent.

But I don't think DX Batman will have that problem. DX Joker maybe, but not Batman.

It's been a long time since a production figure from HT has been as good as or better than the proto. Granted, their non-human figures usually are proto level of quality, but their human figures aren't quite up there at that level. Not since Cannibal Jack have I seen an in-hand HT figure look as good as its prototype, and that character had the luxury of decorative face paint to distract the eye from any shortcomings (if any, I'm not saying there were). Same with BR Joker, but to a lesser extent.

But I don't think DX Batman will have that problem. DX Joker maybe, but not Batman.

Yes you are right I don't think DX batman will have that problem, I mean only for the headsculpt.. since even if they screw up on the new material, only part of the face is shown.. so it's ok.. for DX joker .. I am pretty scared now that they screw up the sculpt.. ESPECIALLY the police joker... well some ppl may say it doesn't matter as ppl are only concerned about the PERS sculpt.. but come on guys.. we paid EXTRA for the outfit and the police sculpt.. .and especially when the police sculpt looks great on the pics!

HOWEVER, after all, my concern is just that they will be too lazy and use the suit they have now.. which, after having medicom's release, I think they could do much better on the suit material and contrast. Of course the fatness problem still exist... really .... everytime I walk pass the mong kok shop and look at the real prototype.. you could see it looks fat man.... (although they are trying to pose him so that the "fatness" is hidden, if u understand what i mean)

Bottom line, I LOVE the thinking of how they add all these accessories and the changing expressions with my favourite sonar eyes and long cape. They just need to spend more time on the suit and body (in my humble opinion) to shut my annoying mouth up. :D

I keep thinking the figure has fancy wellies on rather than proper boots. Maybe it's because of the one colour and the thickness of the sole plus the stubby toes. As if it was weighing him down.

Haha i've always thought the same. They don't seem to have that ninja, athletic, sporty, combat, armour look to them, they look more gumboot gothish than anything :p

Found these cool shots on Eddie Wong's photostream.

Hope you're paying attention Hot Toys. Lean and slender, lean and slender. ;)

Look how nice those boots look side on.

Found these cool shots on Eddie Wong's photostream.

Hope you're paying attention Hot Toys. Lean and slender, lean and slender. ;)

Look how nice those boots look side on.

I will try to pose mine like that when I get DX Batman .

I will try to pose mine like that when I get DX Batman .

DOUBT he will look that great IF hottoys is NOT CHANGING THE FATNESS OF THE BODY and ALSO the suit detail.

(sorry about the once in a while rant on this otherwise beautiful figure)

P.S. Totally not worried about the face paint now as my updated john conner looks 90% like the prototype with their "new" material. (FINALLY, the plasticy Two-face head is history!!!! )

im with you man. This figure although an improvement over the V1 is not much at all when it comes to the body and material for suit, which is a major dissapointment for me considering this is their second attempt and Medicom came close on their first.

He must have had so much fun in this costume.

I actually think he probably got sick of it after a while, with all these promo shots we've seen, it was probably hours and hours of "do this pose, now this, now that" trying to show off the flexibility of the suit.

Though I am sure that whenever he had to work in the suit, it was probably a significant difference in mobility compared to the Begins suit.

I don't mean to pick,but with detailed shots like the ones on the previous page,there really is no reason why this figure should be anything short of perfect.

That really comes down to definition of perfect, and with action figures, even high end ones like HT makes, nothing is ever going to be 100% match to the real thing, there never has been a figure that looks that way, and I doubt there ever will be, there just are limits to standardized bodies and constructing things in 1/6 the scale of the original that get in the way of exact replication.

Things can be better on this figure, but even with a lot of the suggested improvements being carried out, in some way, this figure will still seem short of perfect to some folks, and probably as it is now is perfect to some folks.

1:1 replication is impossible, so perfection really comes down to your personal contentment with the figure, it can be perfect for you or it can't.

That really comes down to definition of perfect, and with action figures, even high end ones like HT makes, nothing is ever going to be 100% match to the real thing, there never has been a figure that looks that way, and I doubt there ever will be, there just are limits to standardized bodies and constructing things in 1/6 the scale of the original that get in the way of exact replication.

Things can be better on this figure, but even with a lot of the suggested improvements being carried out, in some way, this figure will still seem short of perfect to some folks, and probably as it is now is perfect to some folks.

1:1 replication is impossible, so perfection really comes down to your personal contentment with the figure, it can be perfect for you or it can't.
Agree 100% :)

I do have to agree after your resonse,but I am curious as to why the body hasn't changed much.

I'd have to see the base body to guess as to the proportions of the figure.

If this figure is on the slim TT and not it's own custom body, then that would be a reason.

I think the really match Bale's proportions in the suit close to perfectly, it would require a body specifically designed for this one figure. I'm sure HT isn't even thinking about a next Batman film right now, so in their eyes, this'll be the last Batman figure for awhile, so making a body only useful for it makes little sense. I'm guessing the base body is one they use all the time, so some things are going to be a little bulkier.

I don't think the figure looks to bulky overall, and even Bale in the suit looks of different builds from photo to photo.

This shot, the figure looks pretty much dead on to.

13.jpg

He also looks bulky here.

14.jpg

This one and some others, he looks slimmer.

tdkphoto2.jpg

I'd have to see the base body to guess as to the proportions of the figure.

If this figure is on the slim TT and not it's own custom body, then that would be a reason.

I think the really match Bale's proportions in the suit close to perfectly, it would require a body specifically designed for this one figure. I'm sure HT isn't even thinking about a next Batman film right now, so in their eyes, this'll be the last Batman figure for awhile, so making a body only useful for it makes little sense. I'm guessing the base body is one they use all the time, so some things are going to be a little bulkier.

I don't think the figure looks to bulky overall, and even Bale in the suit looks of different builds from photo to photo.

This shot, the figure looks pretty much dead on to.

13.jpg

He also looks bulky here.

14.jpg

This one and some others, he looks slimmer.

tdkphoto2.jpg

I agree, he doesnt look to bulky imo either but the arms are whats killing it for me. Everything else looks really good tho

you are right the arms are sort of muscular and that turns me off
But I have to really admit that the head sclupts and the extra goodies do make it worth IMHO

I am really happy with the new head sclupt and the cowl I think they improved it based on a lot of feedback and mod's

you are right the arms are sort of muscular and that turns me off
But I have to really admit that the head sclupts and the extra goodies do make it worth IMHO

Eh, in my opinion the extra goodies arent that great. I mean im never gonna pose him with the sticky bomb gun so thats not that great to me but the sonar, base, and headsculpt is really cool but not 200 dollars cool. The arms need to be alot slimer if im gonna spend that kind of money on him. They will just bother me too much. Still a cool figure tho but Ill stick with my medicom.

Back