1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Eh, in my opinion the extra goodies arent that great. I mean im never gonna pose him with the sticky bomb gun so thats not that great to me but the sonar, base, and headsculpt is really cool but not 200 dollars cool. The arms need to be alot slimer if im gonna spend that kind of money on him. They will just bother me too much. Still a cool figure tho but Ill stick with my medicom.

I agree, Hot toys prices are starting to get a little ridiculous.Especially if they dont always match the prototype. $200 dollars is a hell of a lot of money for a toy.

I agree, Hot toys prices are starting to get a little ridiculous.Especially if they dont always match the prototype. $200 dollars is a hell of a lot of money for a toy.

Well I understand why they would charge more for these DX figures because they include all these alternate accessories but in my opinion Batman isnt worth the extra money. The Joker comes with an alternate outfit so you basically have two figuers. Definitely worth the extra money in my opinion and id get it if I didnt already have a Joker. Batman on the other hand comes with a bunch of gadgets that will end up sitting on his belt or left in the box. I will admit the alternate facial expressions and sonar eyes are awesome tho.

When you consider Wolverine, HT Batman doesn't sound like a bad deal. :lol Excluding that figure, there's still a clear distinction between the prices of "regular/standard" HT figures and deluxe sets.

It's not bad, the price tag on Batman. And you'll have time to save up your pennies.

When you consider Wolverine, HT Batman doesn't sound like a bad deal. :lol Excluding that figure, there's still a clear distinction between the prices of "regular/standard" HT figures and deluxe sets.

It's not bad, the price tag on Batman. And you'll have time to save up your pennies.

The Wolverine part is really true :rotfl

I'd have to see the base body to guess as to the proportions of the figure.

If this figure is on the slim TT and not it's own custom body, then that would be a reason.

I think the really match Bale's proportions in the suit close to perfectly, it would require a body specifically designed for this one figure. I'm sure HT isn't even thinking about a next Batman film right now, so in their eyes, this'll be the last Batman figure for awhile, so making a body only useful for it makes little sense. I'm guessing the base body is one they use all the time, so some things are going to be a little bulkier.

I don't think the figure looks to bulky overall, and even Bale in the suit looks of different builds from photo to photo.

This shot, the figure looks pretty much dead on to.

13.jpg

He also looks bulky here.

14.jpg

This one and some others, he looks slimmer.

tdkphoto2.jpg

Actually, the front shot doesn't look bulky at all. Some ppl at toyworld has posted comparison pics of the EXACT same pose of the medicom figure and guess what, it looked way better than the HT one doing a similar pose. (and some ppl are already saying the medicom one is too slim!!) And of course the figure won't show significant problems if you are always going to look at it from the front (that can be said EVEN for the old v.1)

The second pic is "bulky" as some of you say, is because of the cape covering the arms. Try to have a bigger cape and cover over your v.1 batman body and you will notice how DARN BULKY it is. In my opinion the narrow shoulder body doesn't change that much as they are ALREADY using that from the TDK v.1 figure. They must use the slim body BUT add parts to make it taller (just like many medicom figures) to do so.

After all, this is the DX line man ..... and the current suit/body is really not good enough, I am really stating the obvious problems and not the slightest problems (like the correct cowl expredssion etc). An not to mention that I've seen this prototype IN PERSON from afar and close up to examine the problems.. .so trust me folks.. the problems are there...

DOUBT he will look that great IF hottoys is NOT CHANGING THE FATNESS OF THE BODY and ALSO the suit detail.

(sorry about the once in a while rant on this otherwise beautiful figure)

P.S. Totally not worried about the face paint now as my updated john conner looks 90% like the prototype with their "new" material. (FINALLY, the plasticy Two-face head is history!!!! )

Well, just trying:
3810657411_1671cd94d4_b.jpg

tdkposedx.jpg

Obviously not exact, but that's me trying with the original TDK, now even if it's not as slim as people want, i think slimmer than the original, and tighter smaller chest would allow closer to the press shot.

One for sure thing is that i could never get the medicom to do anything near that, and in the end thats what wins out with HT, poseability/playability for me at least.

Not a bad attempt at all imho nice one!

High priced? Yeah sure. Ridiculous? Compared to what? A Hasbro toy? Check Medicoms prices and tell me if HT's prices are still ridiculous. Or better yet you could compare the price of HT's and EB's Vito Corleone Godfather figures. At least HT's high prices are justified 99% of the time.

High priced? Yeah sure. Ridiculous? Compared to what? A Hasbro toy? Check Medicoms prices and tell me if HT's prices are still ridiculous. Or better yet you could compare the price of HT's and EB's Vito Corleone Godfather figures. At least HT's high prices are justified 99% of the time.

yeah agreed 100% :duff you get what you pay for with Hot Toys and you can't say the same for everyone.

But, but, you get a PEN with EB's Vito!

i will be able to use the additional head on my original new suit batman right????

i will be able to use the additional head on my original new suit batman right????

No idea, unitl we have it in hand, we don't know if it'll fit on the original figure's neck post. The Wayne head couldn't fit on the armored neck, so depending on the size of the opening on the new heads and whatever's needed for the Sonar function, they may not be interchangable with the first figure.

The DX is made to work on it's own, so there's little need for HT to have made the head to fit the original figure, and really, should just concentrate on making the DX look right by itself and not lose any aesthetics just to make the pieces work from one to the other.

i just hope they'll use rubber suited neck if they are going to use rubber as the dominant costume of this fig

Neck and body, the two immediate concerns for this figure. For me, at least. I just wish we had more insight as to this whole re-sculpted suit stuff floating around.

Sorry guys but this figure is awesome reguardless if hes not anorexic.

i just hope they'll use rubber suited neck if they are going to use rubber as the dominant costume of this fig

I doubt it. I don't get why they didn't do that in the first place. :rolleyes:

Too many pictures and too much over analyzing.

Second one isn't good for comparison, it's a stunt suit with baggier legs to allow him to crouch down like he is in the film. All the promo shots have tighter fitting legs.

Back