1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

im glad i didn't sold this figure...
i was about to...haha

Me too. Was very2 close in selling him last year cause I'm only planning ot get Joker in this line. Seeing him how much he goes nowadays made me glad I didn't pull the trigger. :yess:

Is there anything special about bane? Doesn't seem to be as interesting, I was really hoping the Johnny Depp as Riddler rumours were true:(

Is there anything special about bane? Doesn't seem to be as interesting, I was really hoping the Johnny Depp as Riddler rumours were true:(

Visually, I think he'll make an interesting action figure - one more to add to the Hot Toys rogues gallery. Lots of muscles. It'll be immediately obvious that he's a physical match for Batman, standing next to the Batman figure, which is something we haven't seen yet with Joker, Two-Face, and Scarecrow.

If you're asking about the character in general, then just like every character, how "special" and "interesting" he is really depends on how he's handled by the writer in question (and actor and director, as is the case with the movies).

A writer can be lazy and just use him in stories as an over-muscled thug whose only danger and drama lie in the sheer physical force he can bring to bear in a fight. Might make an interesting action scene, but that's all. A storyline like "Legacy" was a perfect example of this wasting of his potential.

But a good writer will see him for what he is from his origin story - the ultimate self-made man. He's the dark-side, evil version of Doc Savage (and thus, by extension, Batman, given the obvious influence of the Doc Savage character on the Batman character). You can see the origin in "Vengeance of Bane."

Batman took a personal tragedy and used it to inform his quest to become the perfect man (intellectually and physically), so that he could become the ultimate crimefighter. Similarly, Bane took his own tragic circumstances and backstory and used it to inform his own quest to become the perfect man (intellectually and physically) - but, unlike Batman, he does it to become the ultimate criminal.

There's a lot of story potential in a character like that, to be both a dark mirror for Bruce intellectually and physically, as well as a true physical threat.

Batman took a personal tragedy and used it to inform his quest to become the perfect man (intellectually and physically), so that he could become the ultimate crimefighter. Similarly, Bane took his own tragic circumstances and backstory and used it to inform his own quest to become the perfect man (intellectually and physically) - but, unlike Batman, he does it to become the ultimate criminal.

There's a lot of story potential in a character like that, to be both a dark mirror for Bruce intellectually and physically, as well as a true physical threat.

Honestly Bane was made to be the breaker of the Bat, and as formidable as he felt during the Knightfall saga poor writing and being not so popular with later writers wasted Bane's potential.

The arc in which Bane tried to see whether he was Bruce Wayne's illegitimate step-brother is a perfect example of how badly he was handled. However honestly I have NO IDEA of how his character will be interpreted by Nolan. Bane started out as a brilliant and ruthless tactician and later was portrayed as a big hulking brute. I think Nolan sees a lot of potential to have his character in the new movie all I can expect is something unexpected. However I wish Nolan didnt bump off Two Face, I had hoped Harvey's descent into the Two-Face personality would be fleshed out more in the next film...

Honestly Bane was made to be the breaker of the Bat, and as formidable as he felt during the Knightfall saga poor writing and being not so popular with later writers wasted Bane's potential.

The arc in which Bane tried to see whether he was Bruce Wayne's illegitimate step-brother is a perfect example of how badly he was handled. However honestly I have NO IDEA of how his character will be interpreted by Nolan. Bane started out as a brilliant and ruthless tactician and later was portrayed as a big hulking brute. I think Nolan sees a lot of potential to have his character in the new movie all I can expect is something unexpected. However I wish Nolan didnt bump off Two Face, I had hoped Harvey's descent into the Two-Face personality would be fleshed out more in the next film...

:exactly: I'm sure Nolan will do justice w/ this villain! :wink1:

Well here's another piece I passed on and now here I am playing catch AGAIN.:slap:slap:slap. Do you guys think this guy is worth a IM Mrk VI in trade???

^^^ Depends do you like Ironman or Batman better??? If it where me it would be Batman...

^^^ Depends do you like Ironman or Batman better??? If it where me it would be Batman...

Me myself it would also be Batman. But I got sucked into HT Iron Man. Started with the Mrk III, then War Machine next followed by the BD Mrk III and not far behind were the Mrk VI, Tony Stark Mech Tech and finally the Mrk VI. But now I got to start from scratch with Batman. But hey.....I got me a Takara Batman.:clap:clap

Dont let go of the Mark VI so fast... its just released. Wait couple of months and then see... you might regret giving it out, its a great piece of art and you already have some of the best in the Iron man line... why not focus on completing that line first?

Congrats on the Takara Bats Juan :wave You'll love it ( like i said its not Hot Toys but with a little bulking him up , its a great figure)

Congrats on the Takara Bats Juan :wave You'll love it ( like i said its not Hot Toys but with a little bulking him up , its a great figure)

Thanks, bro. Here's a pic of the Takara Batman I'm getting. I love this look.

df30a685.png

Yeah, he looks pretty sweet with the cape over his shoulders. Even without any mods:

P1070506.jpg

P1060479.jpg

Me myself it would also be Batman. But I got sucked into HT Iron Man. Started with the Mrk III, then War Machine next followed by the BD Mrk III and not far behind were the Mrk VI, Tony Stark Mech Tech and finally the Mrk VI. But now I got to start from scratch with Batman. But hey.....I got me a Takara Batman.:clap:clap

If you are talking about getting a DX 02 Batman for a MK VI go for it..if you can find someone willing to give up the Batman! The Batman is going for around $450 MIB, MK VI $280-300. The Batman is just going up and up!

Ok some bad news for me here, the 'problem free' DC Direct Batch DX02 I got from a fellow freak here has started leaking oil on the top abs. I should have noticed it from the time I unboxed however I thought that the top 2 abs were just glossier than the lower two. BTW
can anybody tell me if in the DC Direct batch the WHOLE abdominal armour/ab plates are made of hard plastic or is it the last two only? Cause mine has hard plastic on the last two and no oil glistening there. Ive had it on display and not checked yesterday when showing it off to a friend I noticed that the upper two plates were shinning like a star!

I already put a little piece of hard plastic below the whole rubber clothes however the oil is still coming out... those who had leaky figures how did you fix it or take care of it.... other than sell it to some unsuspecting freak like me?

Ok some bad news for me here, the 'problem free' DC Direct Batch DX02 I got from a fellow freak here has started leaking oil on the top abs. I should have noticed it from the time I unboxed however I thought that the top 2 abs were just glossier than the lower two. BTW
can anybody tell me if in the DC Direct batch the WHOLE abdominal armour/ab plates are made of hard plastic or is it the last two only?

All four abdominal plates on the DX02 are hard plastic, not just the bottom two.

Cause mine has hard plastic on the last two and no oil glistening there. Ive had it on display and not checked yesterday when showing it off to a friend I noticed that the upper two plates were shinning like a star!

What about the top two? Are they hard plastic too, or are they softer, rubber-like material?

All four abdominal plates on the DX02 are hard plastic, not just the bottom two.

What about the top two? Are they hard plastic too, or are they softer, rubber-like material?

Yeah they are softer rubber like material, the last two are the only hard plastic areas... So you say Ive been cheated? :dunno

Thats JUST WRONG!

Well Im not only a Noob on the forum but also a Noob at posting pics on forums. Got back from work and setup the figure and am posting few of the best pics (by my standard here)

If you see my post when I first unboxed my figure and put pictures up the upper two abs and the black parts on the top look shiny. However I thought it was the picture glare or something... now Ive been totally cheated... What should I do? Its already 45 days past and wow I gave him a +1 feedback... this is WRONG! I asked him specifically in the PM if it was the DC Direct Batch and he said yes! DISGUSTING taking advantage of someones position... MY FIRST TRANSACTION and Im ripped off somehow... makes me think twice before dealing with anyone no matter how many +ve feedbacks they have... I paid $580 +Paypal charges for this!

Back