1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

:monkey2

So you can't get a refund from the guy? Did you buy it from Ebay? Just explain the problem from him and hopefully he will return your money. $580 for a defective Batman just isn't right.

If you see my post when I first unboxed my figure and put pictures up the upper two abs and the black parts on the top look shiny.

Was it sealed in the box or previously opened?

Did it include the original shipper? That may also contain some important evidence, if you have it. Let us know.

However I thought it was the picture glare or something... now Ive been totally cheated... What should I do? Its already 45 days past and wow I gave him a +1 feedback... this is WRONG! I asked him specifically in the PM if it was the DC Direct Batch and he said yes! DISGUSTING taking advantage of someones position... MY FIRST TRANSACTION and Im ripped off somehow... makes me think twice before dealing with anyone no matter how many +ve feedbacks they have... I paid $580 +Paypal charges for this!

First, calm down.

Have you contacted the seller about this issue? Have you asked him to explain himself and have you requested a refund?

You should try to work things out first before getting angry. Who knows - maybe he'll refund you your money. It's at least worth a try and can't hurt you.

Also, unless you're holding something back in what you're telling us, you don't know that the seller was lying to you until you talk to him. Maybe he thought it was DC Direct batch (in which case, you should ask him how he knows it was DC Direct). Maybe someone lied to him. Or maybe it was a DC Direct batch and this is a defect he didn't know about (if it was sealed and never opened before you got it).

Or maybe he did cheat you. The point is, you won't know until you talk to him, and the more you know, the better off you'll be to proceed.

Also, I find it really interesting that you say the bottom two plates are hard plastic, but the top two are soft. Are you SURE the top plates are a different material than the bottom plates?

I have several copies of the DCDirect batch, and they all have hard plates for all four abs. I've never owned a non-DCDirect DX02, but I did have the v1 TDK figure, and all four of its abs were soft. And from what I remember from all the reports here when the non-DCDirect DX02s were released, they all had soft abs for all four plates as well (this allowed them greater poseability than the later, DCDirect release).

So it's really weird to me that you say the bottom two plates are hard, but the top two aren't. Are you sure they are different materials?

Can someone who has (or had) non-DCDirect DX02s confirm whether or not all four plates are soft on the non-DCDirect DX02s? Or is it just the top two?

Was it sealed in the box or previously opened?

Did it include the original shipper? That may also contain some important evidence, if you have it. Let us know.

First, calm down.

Have you contacted the seller about this issue? Have you asked him to explain himself and have you requested a refund?

You should try to work things out first before getting angry. Who knows - maybe he'll refund you your money. It's at least worth a try and can't hurt you.

Also, unless you're holding something back in what you're telling us, you don't know that the seller was lying to you until you talk to him. Maybe he thought it was DC Direct batch (in which case, you should ask him how he knows it was DC Direct). Maybe someone lied to him. Or maybe it was a DC Direct batch and this is a defect he didn't know about (if it was sealed and never opened before you got it).

Or maybe he did cheat you. The point is, you won't know until you talk to him, and the more you know, the better off you'll be to proceed.

Also, I find it really interesting that you say the bottom two plates are hard plastic, but the top two are soft. Are you SURE the top plates are a different material than the bottom plates?

I have several copies of the DCDirect batch, and they all have hard plates for all four abs. I've never owned a non-DCDirect DX02, but I did have the v1 TDK figure, and all four of its abs were soft. And from what I remember from all the reports here when the non-DCDirect DX02s were released, they all had soft abs for all four plates as well (this allowed them greater poseability than the later, DCDirect release).

So it's really weird to me that you say the bottom two plates are hard, but the top two aren't. Are you sure they are different materials?

Can someone who has (or had) non-DCDirect DX02s confirm whether or not all four plates are soft on the non-DCDirect DX02s? Or is it just the top two?

No no original shipper, it was used box I was well aware that it was previously displayed etc etc. He had sent me pics. I had asked for the shipper box when he shipped, he said he may have lost it. Also I did shoot him a PM asking him why he sold me something he claimed to have had. Also the PM i shot him was shot as a REPLY to the VERY SAME PM he sent me in March where he claimed it was the DCD Batch, Im just disappointed. I like this figure WAY too much.

Yes Ill give you a pic of what I mean

Shot my seller another PM asking him details about where he originally bought it from and how was he sure that it was the DCD Batch

heres a copy of the PM (Ive removed his name from here for obvious reasons)

[]I'm in Chicago. Yes DCD batch.
axecutioner8 said:
[]I have one $580 shipped EMS.[]
Hmm, and you are based in? also which batch is this? DC Direct I hope :) Thank You :)[][]

Im sure have my last PM, also yes Im trying to be calm and civil about this so if you think Ive berated you needlessly without giving you a chance to explain yourself Im sorry. However I need to know a few things, and I have been suggested by other members too to know about this

1. How did you know that this was a DCD Batch? I mean anything which made you think it was the DCD Batch

2. Do you have any document or the original invoice from where you bought this piece and later sold off to me. If not can you tell me from where the piece was originally bough off?

These questions are important as it will help me understand your situation or explanations better. Please be co-operative

And to be honest guys Inspite of all the leaks I LOVE the figure. I have been wanting it for SO long. I took a LOT of effort to get this in.
Those whove followed my entry in this thread know the issues India has with Paypal.
I asked a friend with connections here to pay it. and the payment was done in two parts as we a have a bar on giving money abroad till a limit every 24 hours. Then the seller shipped it to my friends house in Bengaluru and he shipped it direct all sealed to me in Kolkata. So its was an adventure.

Even if I get a full refund parting with this DX02 until I can get another in sight is something I wouldnt want. I would rather have a leaky DX which I can hopefully try to fix than nothing. As an amount that big being accepted/gifted BACK into India will be a MESS from the authorities. Honestly Im at a fix, I WANT somehow to be compensated for this obviously defective figure. But not having the figure also drives me nuts. Id rather settle for a partial refund but even If I get a refund partial or full I cant accept it into my friends account. Money from abroad is not easily explainable to us, and that too of THAT amount. Im beginning to become incoherent I can see. Anyway If I get a full refund Id rather want it sent to the other member who offered me the figure. But now since the whole trust thing has gone out of this scene. This is a MESS!

Its just... ____________ uP! If you cant trust someone with over 20+ve feedbacks who can you!?

That sucks that this happened to you, and from a fellow Chicagoan no less. I figured that even if you got a refund it would prove difficult for you, given your financial and geographical circumstances. One step at a time, I guess - secure the refund before figuring out how to actually get it.

I'm still really any interested in the whole bottom plate/top plate material issue. That's really confusing to me. Any opinions from owners with the DX02 from batches 1 or 2?

Regardless, keep us informed with what happens, axecutioner18.

The DX02 abs were initially softer but thick rubber so it was still relatively stiff. With it leaking I can imagine it getting harder and possibly crack over time. There are no fixes though some have stopped leaking on it's own. I got both of mine replaced so can't voyage for any of that

:borg:

Ok some bad news for me here, the 'problem free' DC Direct Batch DX02 I got from a fellow freak here has started leaking oil on the top abs. I should have noticed it from the time I unboxed however I thought that the top 2 abs were just glossier than the lower two. BTW

Yeah, you were lied to. The DCD batch all had hard plastic abs. Who's the freak so we know to put him on our "Avoid" list?

Yeah, you were lied to. The DCD batch all had hard plastic abs. Who's the freak so we know to put him on our "Avoid" list?

Im still yet to hear from him from my PM's and will try to resolve the issue, If it turns to squat i.e both of us cant come to a conclusion which is satisfactory. I will disclose his name. I sincerely hope for my sake that something can be done, I dont want to let go of this figure and neither do I want it to crack up in the future!

Im still yet to hear from him from my PM's and will try to resolve the issue, If it turns to squat i.e both of us cant come to a conclusion which is satisfactory. I will disclose his name. I sincerely hope for my sake that something can be done, I dont want to let go of this figure and neither do I want it to crack up in the future!

In some cases, revealing the name has helped in expediting resolution. Quite a few unsavory transactions come to mind where this worked wonders. :lol

In some cases, revealing the name has helped in expediting resolution. Quite a few unsavory transactions come to mind where this worked wonders. :lol

Well Im giving him another 48 hours to atleast reply to my PMs he never posts much on any threads regarding discussions about any figure but hes prolific at the For Sale thread,and he has his recurring sale thread, but he hasnt bumped it for sometime now. If he decides not to reply to my PMs in another two days Ill declare his name and talk to the mods if I can change his feedback to a negative one... this is apalling man!

Well Im giving him another 48 hours to atleast reply to my PMs he never posts much on any threads regarding discussions about any figure but hes prolific at the For Sale thread,and he has his recurring sale thread, but he hasnt bumped it for sometime now. If he decides not to reply to my PMs in another two days Ill declare his name and talk to the mods if I can change his feedback to a negative one... this is apalling man!

It is and one of the reasons I feel there should be tighter restrictions in the F/S threads. It's almost disgraceful that a member of such a small community would screw over another member so blatantly. You're not even a ********* (at least from what I've seen) which makes it all the more appalling. :(

That sucks man sorry buddy :mad:

I have a leaky Bats too :1-1: its ok :1-1:

Hey Mr. EcKo since there is a 100% possibility that I will live with it can you tell me what you did to maintain him? Right now Ive kept a little piece of towel and a slid a piece of plastic underneath the abs to seperate it from the underlying body, and clean the abs every 3/4 hours with a little bit of cotton wool and sometimes kitchen tissue.

It is and one of the reasons I feel there should be tighter restrictions in the F/S threads. It's almost disgraceful that a member of such a small community would screw over another member so blatantly. You're not even a ********* (at least from what I've seen) which makes it all the more appalling. :(

I dont know about you, but you certainly crack me up (in a good way :wink1:) I think this is a great community and I dont regret joining it after lurking around for 3 years. Every community has its share of good, bad and ugly people. Im sure everyone who has traded here has had some pleasant and not so pleasant experiences, Im just one of the unlucky ones who had to start with an unpleasant one :dunno. But hey maybe in the future (an OC Bats and some older EB Bruce Lee is what Im looking for BUT after June) my transactions will have better results :pray:

I just leave it alone. Sometimes its oily sometimes its not. When I open my detolf I usually wipe it with a tissue

I just leave it alone. Sometimes its oily sometimes its not. When I open my detolf I usually wipe it with a tissue

Thank You Mr. EcKo, mine gets oily every 3/4 hours. Hopefully it will go away. And honestly even its problems I cant stop admiring the figure, its such a wonderful piece of art! Even if my seller did cheat me by sending me something else than what he claimed in someway Im grateful that atleast I got something like this! (inspite of the oil issue)

BUT that doesnt help me feel good about being taken advantage of like this... :dunno

No problem man. Glad I can help. It just sucks that someone did that to u

Thank You Mr. EcKo, mine gets oily every 3/4 hours. Hopefully it will go away. And honestly even its problems I cant stop admiring the figure, its such a wonderful piece of art! Even if my seller did cheat me by sending me something else than what he claimed in someway Im grateful that atleast I got something like this! (inspite of the oil issue)

BUT that doesnt help me feel good about being taken advantage of like this... :dunno

Nor should it. Eventually the suit will dry up and crack from all the wiping. Unfortunately, just letting it go over-saturates the pants underneath causing them to distort and look like the pattern has "melted" out of the suit. You might want to check the bicep area and see if it's leaking there as well.

Back