1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

oh yea one more I forgot about
SAM_0996.jpg

^^thanks bud!

I do see in the pics that the neck does look long. but to me, in hand it doesn't look long. I'm enjoying not having to mod one of my TDK figs at the moment :) this fig is just too cool for school :lol

Nice pics again gipetto! Congrats on the fig.

The neck hasn't bothered me at all since I got it!

oh yea one more I forgot about
SAM_0996.jpg

All the new pics are really good Gipetto, but I especially like this one! ^^^

Looking good with that cape!

I do think it will benefit from a neck mod however

I agree, however I think it is less of a necessity with the velvet cape as it builds the shoulders up more than the rayon one does.

Pics looks great Gipetto!

Don't suppose there's anyone on here with an extra mint DX box they'd be willing to sell?

Nice pics again gipetto! Congrats on the fig.

The neck hasn't bothered me at all since I got it!

thanks plattman! :rock

Yea same here, has yet to bother me what so ever

All the new pics are really good Gipetto, but I especially like this one! ^^^

I agree, however I think it is less of a necessity with the velvet cape as it builds the shoulders up more than the rayon one does.

thanks man! but I wouldn't have been able to get such great pics w/o your help :1-1::hi5:

Pics looks great Gipetto!

Thank you sir! :hi5:

Awesome pics! :D

Thanks bud, love you're sig btw!! :rock

I think like many other so-called flaws they are only more noticable when taking up-close pictures as everything is magnified to 1:1 scale
:borg:

I must be slow, but even with the instructions booklet, I still have no idea how to properly clasp on the cape. I'm too worried about breaking something. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

make it easy on yourself an jut buy one of lforigno's custom velvet capes. they make you DX look that much more amazing!

I could get into the whole "force it!" thing with the clips, but just go with what Gippeto said. The customs are much better anyway.

Yep custom cape... the HT cape is not worth the trouble.

I don't know why you guys find it impossible to just answer his question.

I must be slow, but even with the instructions booklet, I still have no idea how to properly clasp on the cape. I'm too worried about breaking something. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

You gotta push it in hard. Try placing and removing the backpack first, to get a feel for how it's supposed to fit in place. Remember, the fabric is supposed to be covering the cape clips that you're inserting, so the clips are used to stuff IN some of the fabric.

Yeah, ok...see your point.
But I must say that I would go now too with a custom cape if I´d known it better directly.
The custom one falls just wonderful and is way easier to get inside the holesand the most important:
Once it´s cramped up it doesn´t stay that way, it just falls back into his smooth form.

I get you man, but for me, I never even put the HT cape on so I don't know how difficult it is to put it on, or what the best way is. I just put on the lforigno cape, as I didn't even want to try to put the HT cape as I've heard it's pretty difficult :peace

But it's been answered so many times already! :panic:

While we're talkin' capes, I just recieved my figure from BBTS, no oil any where I'm happy to report, but what is the trick to getting the cape tabs in place? Is it simple brute force? the instruction booklet is this than helpful. I can't seem to get them to "lock in". Are they even supposed to? Any help from any of you would be most appreciated.

Well, yes and no. Once you figure out how to do it right, you force it in.

Get the little fabric corner in first, the push the plastic clip down and slide it in. That's the part you have to force. Not sure if that made sense. Just look at how its shaped to figure how it's supposed to fit, and then make it fit.

If you don't get themt in it wont look right.

Actually the clips are the other thing I really like about the Hot Toys cape. I like that I know it's clipped in there really solid rather than just stuffed into the suit.

It's just a matter of using the clips properly and not being afraid to force them in. Once you get used to it you can take the cape on and off with the clips really fast and easy.

Some pics of the Dark Knight. First let me ask...any tips on getting the cape pushed all the way into the slots? I'm trying not to force anything of course. Thanks in advance.

FORCE IT!!! :lecture

(I hereby omit myself from any responsibility with regard to damage done to the property of Chigger58.)
:monkey3

Hey guys

Just got a DX bats. Amazing figure!! But how in sweet jesus name does the cape fit on. I'm following the instructions, but ends up looking rubbish. Anyone address this somewhere? Help!! :gah:

Yeah it's addressed, somewhere in between 11 thousand posts...better get to lookin' :thud::lol

Mag will pipe up I'm sure...he's addressed the issue a few times...and believe him when he says force it.

Mostly, for me, I was trying to separate the cape pins from the cape...kind of hold them back, and then try to slide them in. Doesn't work that way though.

Tried it with the fabric portion in it's normal resting place (not pulled back) and it slid in on mine...then just push down to kind of lock the tabs in.

Hope that helps...and you'll know when you get it in place...looks tons better.

:exactly:

Not much to add to that. Just point them down and then slide it under. That's where the forcing happens. I should say that someone said you don't need to 'force it' if you slightly lift up on the chest armor. I haven't tried this as I was no longer using the HT cape when I read that, but give it a try.

Let us know how it goes badhatharry. :)

I could get into the whole "force it!" thing with the clips, but just go with what Gippeto said. The customs are much better anyway.

:lecture

Last edited:
Back