1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

wow Mag! I say, you seem to have been on top of this cape thing :lol "force it" should be you're slogan

But it's been answered so many times already! :panic:

So you should've just quoted those posts in the first place.

This thread has more than 300 pages, covering a wide variety of topics that jump around, back and forth. Additionally, the search function isn't always the most helpful. It's DIFFICULT to find a couple of specific posts covering a certain topic, especially if you've never seen them before.

Some of us have been reading these boards for years - our memory of where certain things are tend to be more reliable and more efficient than a newbie's attempt to scan through hundreds of pages and narrow things down with a search feature.

If you're an expert (which you clearly are), you should be striving to be as helpful as possible, especially when it doesn't take a lot of effort. That's one of the things people appreciate about these boards. For that reason, I take pride in answering common questions for newbies - I can remember when I myself was a newbie and had no idea about any of these things!

It's just frustrating to see someone ask a simple question of a bunch of experts and get a bunch of similar replies that do nothing to help him with his original question.

I mean, can you imagine if I said "I like the Takara Batman and want to pick one up, where you guys recommend I look?" and EVERYBODY just said "Forget the Takara Batman, get the OC Batman, it's better?" It does NOTHING to help me with my problem or answer my question.

If you like the custom cape, fine. If you want to recommend it, fine. But at the very least, help the guy out with his initial question first and append the recommendation afterward, rather than ignore his original problem!

Fair enough haytil.

I am no expert, I've just wasted more time here! :lol

It was a pain to look up the above quotes, but it would have been admitedly harder for a newb.

Your example of the Takara question and OC Batman response fits in principle, however your example asks the person to buy a $350 figure.

In the initial responses about the cape we are only suggesting that he spends $20 on a custom cape. That's not a lot of money and I still hold that it is the simplest and most helpful answer.

Fair enough haytil.

I am no expert, I've just wasted more time here! :lol

It was a pain to look up the above quotes, but it would have been admitedly harder for a newb.

Your example of the Takara question and OC Batman response fits in principle, however your example asks the person to buy a $350 figure.

In the initial responses about the cape we are only suggesting that he spends $20 on a custom cape. That's not a lot of money and I still hold that it is the simplest and most helpful answer.
:exactly: b/c the seller I got it from was telling me before hand that the cape was hell to put on so it was good that I just went ahead and bought lforigno's cape.

but I won't lie, I have been wondering what my DX would look like with the stock cape on

I actually tried to get them in and even after instructions AND after seeing how it shoudl work doing it with the DX backpack I still could not do it and gave up. I ended up ordering Ilforigno's custom cape and now make my own for cheap so I would certainly recommend a custom cape just to save from the headache.

I could not get the tabs in place on my DX, no matter how hard I pushed. I got one side to kind of stay in, but the other would not. I was able to get them in on my V1 DK Batman, though. It took some force, but they finally went in and have stayed put.

...I have been wondering what my DX would look like with the stock cape on

Assuming you would do it right, it would look like this:

picture.php

But this is better:

picture.php

Well, the second pic is the rayon cape.

really? they almost look the same in the pics, to me at least. but I'm sure they look more different in hand

Look again. I purposly did the same pose, but they hang totally diferently. The HT cape is too thick so it looks all stiff and akward, whereas the custom hands straight:

Assuming you would do it right, it would look like this:

picture.php

But this is better:

picture.php

Also, the HT cape has been meticulously futzed in that pic, but the lforigno cape basically looks like that with no futzing.

oh ok I see it now. I was mostly looking at the area where it clips in and with all your futzing, the stock cape seemed to lay pretty flat on the shoulders. But now looking more at how it drapes I can see it

Yeah, if you use the clips right it lays quite flat.

Hey i just put on the backpack for the first time to see what it looks like ..whats the best way to take it back off? ..it seems like its locked on and i don't want to break it.

Hey i just put on the backpack for the first time to see what it looks like ..whats the best way to take it back off? ..it seems like its locked on and i don't want to break it.

it seems that way but it comes off rather easily. just pull/lift it back. not too hard though, just enough to get it loose from the back plates, then it should slide out form the slots easily

it seems that way but it comes off rather easily. just pull/lift it back. not too hard though, just enough to get it loose from the back plates, then it should slide out form the slots easily

Thanks:) ..it came out..but not easily, last time i will ever put that on:thud:.

^^glad to hear no breakage occurred. I feel bad that you won't put the back pack on anymore though as mine just comes on and off with ease :dunno it's probably my favorite display option.

Back