1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

dscf8786.jpg

dscf8790.jpg

dscf8791s.jpg

dscf8795.jpg

Here's my take:

HT is fully aware of this problem. They either didn't allow this to properly cure or they used a different medium (silicone?) in lieu of the V1 Rubber to cut costs, etc and learned the medium didn't work.

So, I'm sure the 3rd and largest batch will have these problems worked out. Either allowing proper curing period or replacement of the ab plate medium with rubber as the V1 had. I'm hoping they go with rubber like the V1.

I really hope they don't revert to rubber as that looks crap! They need to figure out a solution that maintains the more accurate look of the DX material, whatever it is, but gets rid of the oil problem.

They won't change production materials, unless they offer everyone encountering the problem a figure made with it, otherwise it would be a huge FU to the people with the oil problem, they're not that dumb.

Seeing v1 capeless really shows off one of the best things about the DX, that straight down body from, where the v1 has that expansion from the waist up like he's He-Man or something.

These are darned nice, even with the "flaw" thing. Wish I could get one. But, I'll try to get the heads and gun and call it a day. Nice body and sculpt though. Those above look super! Love the casual looking Wayne. Awesome set.

They won't change production materials, unless they offer everyone encountering the problem a figure made with it, otherwise it would be a huge FU to the people with the oil problem, they're not that dumb.

True. They will have to fix it before the dcd shipment though. Think about all the people who ordered from their local shop or from previews or whatever that aren't really up on the hobby or these boards or the HT facebook page. That would be a recall nightmare. They have to know that's coming.

Which cape is that, I didn't know there was a short custom out there?

had mine a few weeks and at first it was fine....got home from work today and its got the leaking oil problem..........i am not a happy chappy!!!!

Harvey. :D

dscf8807.jpg

Which cape is that, I didn't know there was a short custom out there?

That one on the sonar is buddylee's. Depending how you check it before you mount it, it's shiny on one side matte like velvet on the other.
dscf8814.jpg

Remember?
3360125034_1701830aa7.jpg

Can see the detail on it at the part tucked in.
3361270818_78e34d5639_b.jpg

This one on the Medicom is lforigno's short, however I asked him to make it a little bit longer so no light would peek out between the feet.
dscf8811.jpg

dscf7581.jpg

https://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8898/dscf7549.jpg

lforgno's TDK long cape:
dscf8813x.jpg

See how it sits nicely on the shoulders? not too thin.

dscf8810.jpg

dscf8812.jpg

I love the velvet look. I love it in the movies, it hardly catches light even when the rest of the suit is well lit, like the interrogation scene, the cape just looks super black but the suit has all sorts of highlights on it.

is this the buddy-lee cape on the right? looks like a different material to lous one.

congrats on both dx mate :) after i see your pics, i'm really thinking of buying a loose dx body to display with full cape and one with the backpack.

hey maglor thanks for the advice on waiting for the 3rd shipment i'll try, but if i see something on ebay that is in my price range, i probably wont be able to control my wanting to buy it....curse this teen impatience!!!!!!!

I love the velvet look. I love it in the movies, it hardly catches light even when the rest of the suit is well lit, like the interrogation scene, the cape just looks super black but the suit has all sorts of highlights on it.

Sadly at night both sides look the same. I had to look at it in the true daylight to see the difference in shades. There's a certain satin look from it when it moves but my camera doesn't catch it.

This is the long buddylee version in my hand. It's so delicate.
dscf8817.jpg

As you can see how nice it drapes.
dscf8818.jpg

However it suffers the same problem as the Takara. A running TV screen or daylight can peek through it. Thats why I went with lforigno's. It has a lovely thickness to it but not crazy thick like Hot Toys while lforigno's still drapes lovely.

dscf8313.jpg
4121187310_e3c522a324.jpg

is this the buddy-lee cape on the right? looks like a different material to lous one.

That is indeed the buddylee cape.

congrats on both dx mate :) after i see your pics, i'm really thinking of buying a loose dx body to display with full cape and one with the backpack.

Cheers! Yeah there's so many possibilities with displaying these. Thats what I refused to get rid of v1. I really didn't want to be popping heads and capes off each time to see a certain feature or look I wanted. So I got two. I loved seeing him suit up and put the mask on before he jumped off the building etc so I kept v1 plus I didn't want the Bruce head sitting in the box. That way I could also see the v1 cowl in his hands. So nothing is wasted from viewing. Seeing Batman in the long cape like the studio shoot with no gun but that mean pose face on and the kick ass version at the end with both guns and sonar eyes. I just wanted to see them all at once.

When my display is all built I'll be able to pop these babies in and put the original suit Bruce head on the spelunking Batman.

Last edited:

Thanks for the info, I'll keep it mind depending where the situation with this DX figure goes.

dscf8818.jpg

That picture looks odd to me. Looks like Batman is hiding from Dent just by lifting his cape.

Back