1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I think I'm gonna wait til DC Direct solicits it.

lol :)

as long as the majority of the fans buys, why should they care about the complaints of a few. Believe me, you can ask to take note as much as you like, you are the one putting all the energy while hot toys is collecting the money :)

I'm just being honest. Yes you are most likely right but it doesn't mean that they don't "take notes" They do, they have been listening to the comments on these boards for months now.

My comment was not even a threat, its more of a reality check. My "minority" comment will be majority one day, you'll see. Still I love what Hot Toys produces, its amazing.

Everything is really nice but I would have passed if not the various facial expressions. I saw the different looks and knew another 200+ out the window :D

I'm just being honest. Yes you are most likely right but it doesn't mean that they don't "take notes" They do, they have been listening to the comments on these boards for months now.

My comment was not even a threat, its more of a reality check. My "minority" comment will be majority one day, you'll see. Still I love what Hot Toys produces, its amazing.

Wait till they roll out improved interchangeable expressions for the new Joker DX Figure. :lol

Seriously, I bet they regret not having done that now. If any Figure demands interchangeable mouth expressions, it's the Joker.

Wait till they roll out improved interchangeable expressions for the new Joker DX Figure. :lol

Seriously, I bet they regret not having done that now. If any Figure demands interchangeable mouth expressions, it's the Joker.

that would be more logical, but mabye for a DX03 LOL

But Batman lends himself to that becaus I believe the Mouth is a separate piece on the other heads already, so now it's just a matter of making a change to allow them to swap, and perhaps get at the PERS switch.

With Joker, I'm just not sure you could hide the seam well enough to still look good, it works OK on the Predators with the mandibles, but on Joker I don't think it'd blend too nicely. I think they did it with Batman because it can work without affecting the aesthetic of the figure.

That would have been cool, but there really wouldn't have been any way to do it without creating an ugly seam on his face. It works for Batman because of the cowl.

why not give joker a latex skin over a jointed head so he could move his mouth?

But Batman lends himself to that becaus I believe the Mouth is a separate piece on the other heads already, so now it's just a matter of making a change to allow them to swap, and perhaps get at the PERS switch.

With Joker, I'm just not sure you could hide the seam well enough to still look good, it works OK on the Predators with the mandibles, but on Joker I don't think it'd blend too nicely. I think they did it with Batman because it can work without affecting the aesthetic of the figure.

it's simple really, but more of a pain on the sculptor. you have to remove the entire face. so, more work on the artist, but we gain more expressions. sure, there may be seam lines...but depending on where they hide it, i'm sure it won't even be noticeable.

DX02_TDK_Batman_12.jpg
I don't know why but it reminds George Clooney...

Yeah, you'd almost have to make a split mid-neck and have the front neck and entire face removable with the hair over it like a full wig, and I still don't think it'd look as nice as non-swappable.

And my hopes that this figure would be an utterly non-essential purchase go crashing into the ground.

This thing looks amazing.

Would not work as well though, how would they hide the seam?

^ stay tuned for our next newsletter for august. Yet another surprise, MMS DX 03 smiling joker with nurse costume bash. - Hot Toys

Anyways, batman looks like a winner. I bet these will fly off the shelves once it hit the stores.

^ stay tuned for our next newsletter for august. Yet another surprise, MMS DX 03 smiling joker with nurse costume bash. - Hot Toys

Anyways, batman looks like a winner. I bet these will fly off the shelves once it hit the stores.

If they ever. :naughty

Back