1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Scooby Doo. That's it. I knew it looked familiar but I couldn't place it.

You deserve a Scooby snack for reminding me, Roy.

WOw, looking amazing. Interchangeable faces, WTFH, that's awesome :D Hope it won't be a pain in the ass to change them though! LOVE the scowling face, looks spot on, the other toned down one is pretty cool too, the half opened bale duck billish mouth one, is a swing and a miss though, he looks like he's trying to provocatively get something across, not very batmanish. LOVE the long cape too, definately keep that on. An easy buy for me since i sold my orig DK costume for this, a great choice :p The full on suit shot looks good, but i still feel there is room for improvement. They should've started from scratch and rebuilt it similar to Medicom specs, but more screen accurate and with the HT quality. It just seems they've slimmed down/modded the original type that they already had, and just left that, which was in many opinions, a flawed looking, generally over bulky design. It's not just the waist and torso, but the actual pieces of the suit itself that needs to be sucked out a bit. Other than that, it looks fantastic! SUCH a long wait though........why? Can't wait to have this guy and DX joker dueling in pics :p !

Well, I'm also surprised they didn't include a Bruce head and suit. Yes, it's better and there is more than the Original, but for a DX with DX Pricepoint I expected more. The HK Jump scene stuff does nothing for me, prolly never pose it like that so an improved Bruce head would have been more important to me.

DX02_TDK_Batman_10.jpg

This picture is just scare...you almost want to swear that's a picture of Bale in costume!!

uh oh! there better be confirmation about it soon. riko is gonna come in here and disagree with me with a passion.

you gotta love passion :peace

better compare between the two HT's...

tdk-compare.png

it's maybe a LITTLE slimmer, but not THAT much slimmer...

I did compare with 2 hot toys, the 2 figures from the left: DX - V1

and look closely to the rib section you can see a subtile slimmer rib section in the DX version. The shoulders are much more narrow and the chest area is also smaller.
When you add those 3 things up you got an overall figure that looks slimmer

Well, I'm also surprised they didn't include a Bruce head and suit. Yes, it's better and there is more than the Original, but for a DX with DX Pricepoint I expected more. The HK Jump scene stuff does nothing for me, prolly never pose it like that so an improved Bruce head would have been more important to me.

Thats pretty much how I feel too ..................... I won't lie though, I must have this one because it looks so awesome. I would have rocks in my head to pass up on this one.

Jesus Christ... easy purchase.

Problem now is that I may have to buckle and get the Batpod to display the first HT TDK version.

as much as i love HT...i think if they continue this practice, with upgrading figures, so close to one another...i fear it'll bite them in the arse one day.

basically, what they need to do to keep their fans...go for broke on the first version, and not release updates all the time.

lol yeah right,

look at the reactions here, gigantic majority is positive, hell HT is like God for some here, they know as long as they deliver they can do whatever they want.

I just realised, with PERS, now I can fully and nicely replicate the final scene, like when he looks up talking to Gordon, "they must never know what he did", and I can ^^^^ his head to the side with the eyes still fixed on Joker in the interrogation, oooh the possibilities.

Thats pretty much how I feel too ..................... I won't lie though, I must have this one because it looks so awesome. I would have rocks in my head to pass up on this one.

What killed the extras like a new Bruce head, maybe a Joker shotgun or any other goodies was the cost to develop improved suit design on new body.

I just realised, with PERS, now I can fully and nicely replicate the final scene, like when he looks up talking to Gordon, "they must never know what he did", and I can ^^^^ his head to the side with the eyes still fixed on Joker in the interrogation, oooh the possibilities.

You are definitely going to have some photos that will look like film stills with these two DXs, esp with your lighting.

What killed the extras like a new Bruce head, maybe a Joker shotgun or any other goodies was the cost to develop improved suit design on new body.

Yes this is exactly what I was thinking too ................ the Bat suit must cost alot to produce. Compared to lets say the DX Joker setup, a naked TT is $25 and thats retail too.

Meh my rant is done, I can't wait to get this gem. :monkey3

I will admit and be dead honest, "DX" figures will get me to buy less. Take notes Hot Toys. If this trend continues I will not spend as much. Take notes Hot Toys.

lol :)

as long as the majority of the fans buys, why should they care about the complaints of a few. Believe me, you can ask to take note as much as you like, you are the one putting all the energy while hot toys is collecting the money :)

You are definitely going to have some photos that will look like film stills with these two DXs, esp with your lighting.

These 2 DX figures are going to open a whole new world of options for me, while I may seem blind to some of the "issues" with the set, Batman is probably my all-time favorite character to photograph, the black, the shapes, the style of presenting him, it's just so fun and the possiblities with this figure, for every reason I enjoy figures this thing offers above and beyond, I can't pass it up.

Exactly what I wanted and then some. Glad I waited before buying the V1 and Medicom versions (Though I think Medicom, with the right paint is still a fantastic representation of the character and easily rivals this new one in terms of sculpt and proportions).

With that said, I'm preordering. I got my regular and sonar head and then some.

Back