MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My MK III arrived today and If I could only have one armor in my collection, this would be it. My only complaint on this guy was the Pain in the @ss it was to get the plastic off the flap assemblies.:lol Very impressive figure IMO.

Me too, can you please share how in the hell you got the plastic off without damaging it??? Is it two pieces that need to be peeled apart of what. I cannot figure this plastic stuff out. This is ridiculous.. Thanks

It's one single piece of very clingy plastic-wrap folded over the parts. I used some tiny tweezers from a Swiss Army knife and a lot of patience.:lol

Last edited:
Took me less than 5 mins to remove plastic, not sure what the problem is quite honestly. Cut the plastic about an 1/8" from the figure with small sharp scissors, then use tweezers to separate the two halves of plastic, and it comes right off. [shrugs shoulders]

Took me less than 5 mins to remove plastic, not sure what the problem is quite honestly. Cut the plastic about an 1/8" from the figure with small sharp scissors, then use tweezers to separate the two halves of plastic, and it comes right off. [shrugs shoulders]

You're right ..I guess I'm not used to handling tiny things quite honestly...

That's the same thing i did but im sure people have bent or broke those flaps trying to get the plastic off.

Those plastic tabs on the air flaps were pretty annoying. I stuck a mini-screwdriver into the small space between the two sides of the plastic at the top of each air flap, gently tore a hole into the plastic, and then peeled both halves off. I imagine a small pair of scissors or an X-Acto knife would work well too.

Just got mine in a few days ago. Very impressed with this armor! Didn't know Mark 3 was shorter compared to the other armors.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Well, I own the Mark 3, bought Loki Avengers on eBay, have Deadpool pre-ordered, and.....

Pulled the trigger on Cap AOU today.

I see where this is headed already.... :pow

Too painful! Those of us that have experienced them, or forced our significant others to, are trying to forget them!! It's like a thick shrink wrap on all of the metal flaps on the back...they're awful!

Anyone else having trouble getting the screws for the battery compartments on his arms out? One of them won't budge no matter what I do and it's driving me insane. Tried putting a rubber band in, tried my electric screwdriver, doesn't even turn a degree. Any ideas?

All the screws are pretty tight. One you break them free don't tighten them down as hard.

20150924_224850.jpg

Beyond my issues with the screws on the battery compartments, this figure is a work of art. Though I probably won't keep him like this long-term due to paint rub worries, I'm also impressed that the stand allows him to float freely without any trouble, even given the weight of the figure. Overall I'm very impressed with my first Iron Man from HT, and I adore the way the paint pops off the shelf.

Back