MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this guy on the BD stand, much nicer.

Here he is with my haul from the past 2 weeks
b47b3c821b8b9ba39b83beb3590837e9.jpg

Cool pic, Bransen!

Iron Man, Iron Man, Iron Man's sidekick, and...Optimus Prime. One of these things is not like the others. :lol

I agree, that stand looks much better than the round light-up stand. It also consumes less space. I might have to pick one of those up...

The "jaw" of the Stark head moves up and down a little bit, probably to simulate some sort of helmet closing sequence. But I've managed to have the faceplate sit flush on the Stark head, so try to see if it's not just that the jaw is in the open position.

asdf.jpg

I guess it's easier to see in an image, you can see the black line at the mouth area is thicker compared to the light up head.

Well, I can see why the Iron Man pieces are so popular, though I wish the RDJ likeness were better. This is definitely the only one I'll ever need though.

I love this figure!!!! and the midsection that has a twist works for other nice poses besides the ground pound pose.
This feels so classic Iron Man to me.
IM1.jpgIM2.jpg
(sorry the second picture is slightly out of focus)

looks like the MkIII and MK2 WM might be a good pair to pose together - I'd love to see more of those two together if you feel like setting some stuff up and taking some pictures :)

The proportions look SPOT ON there, dude. I so cannot wait to get mine.

looks like the MkIII and MK2 WM might be a good pair to pose together - I'd love to see more of those two together if you feel like setting some stuff up and taking some pictures :)

Yeah I can take more pics when I have the time

But WM is clearly taller than the MKIII

MKIII is standing on a pretty high base and in the foreground in that pic so they come off looking around the same height... Oh well can't help it

There's nothing wrong with wm mk2 being taller. The mk3 was essentially the first suit. It was much slimmer and all that. It wouldn't be hard to imagine later suits being taller. I don't think it's a big deal.

View attachment 210899

I guess it's easier to see in an image, you can see the black line at the mouth area is thicker compared to the light up head.

My helmeted head is back in the box, so I can't check now, but are you sure the jaw/chin is pushed up? (are there little vertical gaps on each side near the black cheek lines?) It looks a bit like the faceplate is too short in your picture, which would be explained by the chin being down.

I love this figure!!!! and the midsection that has a twist works for other nice poses besides the ground pound pose.
This feels so classic Iron Man to me.
View attachment 210974View attachment 210975
(sorry the second picture is slightly out of focus)

I've got the same pose! (except for no stand) :hi5: Your pictures look much nicer than mine though. :clap

Got mine today ... definitely happy to have my first classic armor. A few gripes come to mind ... has anyone else has trouble with the faceplate of the light-up helmet CONSTANTLY falling off? Mine kept popping off at the slightest touch and then the magnet came off which took a while to find before I glued it back on. Maddening.

The light-up function for the helmet is a bit lacking to me. The eyes aren't fully illuminated because the light is too narrow and on the edges you can see some red from the area under the faceplate.

While the twisted torso is a neat feature, I definitely would've preferred just a regular articulated torso. Managed to break off one of the hip flaps trying to switch torsos, which isn't the easiest thing to do. Super glue is my friend.

I'll be happy to keep this guy in a museum pose due to the lack of ankle pivot.

Overall, I love the clean and simple design compared to the Mk XLIII. I really hope they make a diecast Mk 6 sooner than later so I can put it next to this armor on the top shelf of my Iron Man detolf.

Mrs Kiwiatlarge picked him up today... and....

He's beautiful, I'm happy... :yess:

I know the figure as a whole has come under a lot of criticisms for well publicised reasons, and is probably a bit of a let down overall for those who have experimented with him, vs say 42 or 43.. but for what I wanted him for, he is perfect.

My first and likely only MCU/Avengers double figure and I have him in complete contrast to Mk 43. Mk3 is clean and like having a mini version of the real suit in perfect condition on display. Mk 43 is semi battle damaged, looks like he has been in battle and posed accordingly so, complete with Tony sculpt.

I'm weighing up whether to go for a minor pose, like his shoulder weaponry and palms at the ready, but I'll leave him as is for now... Now if only I can pose him side by side with one of his VI or VII buddies..

mark3.jpg

And for comparison, Mk43 with his Avenger buddies..

Avengers.jpg

My helmeted head is back in the box, so I can't check now, but are you sure the jaw/chin is pushed up? (are there little vertical gaps on each side near the black cheek lines?) It looks a bit like the faceplate is too short in your picture, which would be explained by the chin being down.

FullSizeRender.jpg

You're right, it makes the faceplate look short.

I thought that the jaw was the case as well, but I've pushed it up and don't think it can go further. When you look at it from the sides, it fits well. I guess it's just the design. I had a look at Xenomorph's video and it looks similar.

Back