MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too don't see them doing all the armors all over again. They picked the Mark 3 since so many people wanted it to be redone. The announcement even states the following:

The Mark 1 2.0 is perfect as it is. Mark 4-7 holds up extremely well. What I can see them doing is a Mark 3 BD Version and a Mark 2 Diecast since they just need to repaint this one. Maybe in 10 years when they finally get around to ******** out all the armors from Iron Man 3, they'll go back and redo them all but for now I don't think that's what they're focusing on.

Mark 3 really did need to be redone. The original was very ordinary. I boxed it after a month. I never box my collectibles. I couldn't stand looking at it.

That's the first mk3 though.(right?) the mk3 diecast should have much better proportions and realistic look. The mk3 looks very much like the comic armor. Especially the extremis armor. I think anyway. Had the mk3 not looked good on film our current marvel universe of movies would be very different. And a lot of other comic based movies would never gotten a shot. My personal favorite armor is the Vi. In fact I'm working on having my entire right arm sleeved up(tattoo) to look like I'm wearing the Mk vi armor. Taking a lot of ink time man. Anyway, the mk3 is a great looking armor, but this far has not had the best 1/6 treatment. This new one should take a long stride toward fixing that. My biggest issue is that it didn't look like a guy in a suit. It looked like a robot. Look at medieval knights, or even military members in combat..all that extra armor bulks up the body form. If you want to make it look better aesthetically and more human that's fine, but don't make the whole suit look like it would need a belt wearing size 32 skinny jeans. Lol just needs more mass.

That said, I think this new version looks amazing. Worlds better then the mk3 v1.

It is very close, though I see it as being closer to the "modern Armor" he wore right before extremis, in the same story line. I still long for the day we see a closer representation of it on screen. could you Imagine RDJ having the gold leak out of his body and the suit come flying in from the other room fitting into place (and not with the little jet engines on all the armor pieces). Thats when I will be satisfied completely :D

See I didn't check price of the original Monger but that scares me now. Those type of prices is where I draw the line. Especially in comparison to how TDK tumbler was $470 when it was available

So when the original BD MK 3 was revealed how long of a time period was it after the regular MK3 was released? I'm just wondering if we'll see the BD MK3 diecast (if it happens at all) while waiting for the regular MK 3 diecast to ship. Anyone?

So when the original BD MK 3 was revealed how long of a time period was it after the regular MK3 was released? I'm just wondering if we'll see the BD MK3 diecast (if it happens at all) while waiting for the regular MK 3 diecast to ship. Anyone?

It was a good year at least if I remember correctly

If this sells well then you'd have to think a BD version is almost inevitable. So buy up people, I'm hanging out for that one.

If this sells well then you'd have to think a BD version is almost inevitable. So buy up people, I'm hanging out for that one.

Im Imagining a dx BD... final battle with alternate right arm with the suit fanned out (more accurate and no transformation gimmick) and a TS un helmeted head

It is very close, though I see it as being closer to the "modern Armor" he wore right before extremis, in the same story line. I still long for the day we see a closer representation of it on screen. could you Imagine RDJ having the gold leak out of his body and the suit come flying in from the other room fitting into place (and not with the little jet engines on all the armor pieces). Thats when I will be satisfied completely :D

Your right, forgot about that armor for some reason. Good call.

It would be amazing to see more of the comic imagery in the films. I see why they went the way they did though. Silly as it sounds in a world of gods and mutants and super soldiers, but they where trying for realism. Lol

Still would be nice to see though. I'd like to see the ultimate armor too. Closes so far is heartbreaker I think. Which is a long way off, but it's still the one that this far to me has that look. I'd love to see a real attempt at it though.

Your right, forgot about that armor for some reason. Good call.

It would be amazing to see more of the comic imagery in the films. I see why they went the way they did though. Silly as it sounds in a world of gods and mutants and super soldiers, but they where trying for realism. Lol

Still would be nice to see though. I'd like to see the ultimate armor too. Closes so far is heartbreaker I think. Which is a long way off, but it's still the one that this far to me has that look. I'd love to see a real attempt at it though.

Ultimate is probably way more likely to be seen then Extremis as a lot of the MCU is based on ultimates designs/backstories..

The thing about Extremis is they made it an actual armor plated suit (like what the movie went for) so it could easily be pulled off... just need a director ballsy enough to do it

so will this figure have torso articulation? (Over 36 points of articulations)

I Think from now on the standard price for these armors is going to be 300dlls, no more 200 or 229 dlls a piece

Well here's one that's more reasonable. Not official HT but looks decent, decent price.... and works

https://www.ebay.com/itm/321365003708?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I feel the same way, not excited by this in the least which is completely opposite of how I thought I'd feel if Ht ever revisited the Mk 3.

Pretty shocked the inaccuracies on this are pretty much being ignored by the vast majority especially at over $300.

But, I guess it's bc people felt the earlier Mk 3's were so poor and are welcoming in anything new in this suit that's a step up from those.

I lost track of this thread and didn't put these pics under the microscope yet so at a glacé it looked good to me and a vast improvement over the original. What are the common grimes on inaccuracies?

Back