MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks cool but if thats it for the articulation how is the diecast a leap forward?

There's fading reports in 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. PI's Diecast Mk 7 is prone to fading, so it's a toss up as to whether this fades or not.
I'm tellin' ya, part of HT's diecast announcement was that they were aware of the fading issue and changed the material they were using to ABS, which they advised is immune to fading (it was the reason I held off on buying any red/gold Iron Men and was waiting for Mark III or IV to be made in diecast). Only thing that's weird to me is that they wouldn't change the material in the other marks, also, but that's HT. You gotta pay a premium to get the non-fade codpieces! :D

Lack of ab crunch is the only thing that bugs me about this figure. I'm OK displaying him in museum/hero pose forever, too, but I'd rather have the articulation than the circuitry underneath the armour. Looks kind cool but doubtful I'd ever display him like that.

Yea, it's basically gunmetal Iron Man and really could've used a second canon(c'mon, Hot Toys...it's mother****ing War Machine!!), but again, the articulation is phenomenal. I owned Mark IV and loved the way it looked but just didn't like the limitations in posing. That kinda put me off to every other mark up until the diecast lineup.
I dunno. I've see a couple customs here where people have used two and even three cannons on WM MK II, but personally I think it looks terrible. Visually it's more interesting for him to sport only one, IMO.

(Bad english alert :slap)

PRE-ordered. I can´t believe that, after I burned with the ED 209 Dome (Dome still intact, but, you know...), I just pre-ordered over 1000 in Hot Toys plastic... beautiful, beautiful plastic.

I am so weak. I think I need some kind of help. :panic:

I wonder how the original version will sell now; Will it have value for its 'firstness' or its 'quaint imperfections', or will it instantly become a piece of doo-doo?.

Mark XLIII - the reversed colored Mark XLII (filling in the spot for Mark VI)
Hulkbuster
A new armor for the final battle (filling in the spot for Mark VII)

:lecture

It helps if you think of these movies as two-hour long toy commercials. Each character gets a brand-new look/suit/costume and in Mr. Stark's case, three or more armors.

(Bad english alert :slap)

PRE-ordered. I can´t believe that, after I burned with the ED 209 Dome (Dome still intact, but, you know...), I just pre-ordered over 1000 in Hot Toys plastic... beautiful, beautiful plastic.

I am so weak. I think I need some kind of help. :panic:

:lol:lol:lol

I couldn't resist...please jebus let there be more articulation then they're showing. This is def the definitive one...might not order another IM after this.

Nope, that's it.

The reason why we're not getting ab and waist articulation is because of the removable chest piece and all the doodads and doohickeys underneath it. And the reason for that gimmick is they're not including any battle-damaged pieces. And the reason why...

Oh, and, $310.

Hot Toys thanks you for playing.

I missed out on the original BD Mark III, then I told myself the BD Mark VI would be the only IM I would ever need. Then the Mark VII came along and I realized I need a suit that has a circular reactor light. Then, I told myself I got the two most definitive IM armors in the MCU and I don't need anymore IM. Then the Mark XXXIII came along with the sweet Mark XLII BD helmet, I suddenly realized that I never had an exclusive before...

You start off with just one and then it grows...and then they wrap themselves around the cerebral cortex. This has the effect of rendering the collector extremely susceptible to IM purchase suggestion. Later as the IM collection grow follows madness, insanity and bankcruptcy...

yesyes.jpg

PO'ed EX version on my iPhone in a boardroom while waiting for a meeting to start ... All the time hoping that my boss and his boss would be late .... It's all about balance!

Nope, that's it.

The reason why we're not getting ab and waist articulation is because of the removable chest piece and all the doodads and doohickeys underneath it. And the reason for that gimmick is they're not including any battle-damaged pieces. And the reason why...

Oh, and, $310.

Hot Toys thanks you for playing.
So sideshow says, "36 points of articulation" same as any other figure. Just because the prototype photos are limited, isn't it a bit soon to assume its a stiff motionless brick. Or we can just jump to bitter conclusions.

Back