MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks good but the color is way wrong. Maybe they will get right in the inevitable MARK III BD 2.0 DIECAST SERIES

Regardless, this might still warrant a purchase.... this is THE armor for IM fans.

Unlikely, given the removable armor on the abdominals. The undies are not like IP and Mark 42 as well, which allows more give for the legs. The latter concerns me too as it's possible the undies would still be rubber.
Not sure if you're referring to the colour fade issue, but HT said when they announced the diecast line that the cod pieces of all these Iron Men would be PVC, which is apparently immune to fading.

Pretty excited about this release and glad to see the speculation of Mark III being remade in diecast was true. Mark IV just edges it out, in my books, as the 'definitive' Iron Man, so now I need to decide to either get this and be happy or pass and hope for a diecast Mark IV. If I grab this, I'll be one and done for Iron Man (i.e., Tony Stark), though, so it's tempting.

Last edited:
Not sure if you're referring to the colour fade issue, but HT said when they announced the diecast line that the cod pieces of all these Iron Men would be PVC, which is apparently immune to fading.

Pretty excited about this release and glad to see the speculation of Mark III being remade in diecast was true. Mark IV just edges it out, in my books, as the 'devinitive' Iron Man, so now I need to decide to either get this and be happy or pass and hope for a diecast Mark IV. If I grab this, I'll be one and done for Iron Man (i.e., Tony Stark) , though, so it's tempting.

That does make this figure very, very tempting.. possibly enough to break my NRP rule.. except HT said they fixed the v2 ED209 hood, which turned out to be a fib... and this will be HT's first completely red pants, diecast figure.. so, I'm conflicted...

Wow cool news to wake up to..

However im not all that impressed

first... this didnt need to be diecast as it seems theyve cut corners on articulation ... this could have easily been a reuse of mk 2 unleashed (with some minor upgraded parts)

second... after all the leaps and bounds HT's Iron men have achieved they put this out...? really? the ab section is just stupid... no one is going to display it with the torso armor removed, its too isolated and looks cool for all of 3 seconds, then armor goes back on... oh boy, all this time waiting for disappointment

Last edited:
This looks good but the color is way wrong. Maybe they will get right in the inevitable MARK III BD 2.0 DIECAST SERIES

Regardless, this might still warrant a purchase.... this is THE armor for IM fans.

yeah, I gave up trying to collect them all after MK VII and purged my entire IM collection. This is the only one I'll need but will still get MK XLIII since I just really like the design of that.

Pretty excited about this release and glad to see the speculation of Mark III being remade in diecast was true. Mark IV just edges it out, in my books, as the 'devinitive' Iron Man, so now I need to decide to either get this and be happy or pass and hope for a diecast Mark IV. If I grab this, I'll be one and done for Iron Man (i.e., Tony Stark) , though, so it's tempting.

That does make this figure very, very tempting.. possibly enough to break my NRP rule.. except HT said they fixed the v2 ED209 hood, which turned out to be a fib... and this will be HT's first completely red pants, diecast figure.. so, I'm conflicted...

theyve all been made with pvc.... diecast ones are now the same plastic as the rest of the figure...

Yup, I made another post regarding that :) Quoted below:

I stand corrected. I missed that detail on this photo, and the undies are articulated!

We need to update the thread with more photos! :)

1908038_10203429939842106_5066333822959767249_n.jpg

That's more the Mark 42, which came with way more stuff.

My guess is also $320. Mark 42 may have more stuff (which I consider a bonus seeing that M42 and IP were both at $310 but IP was almost bare-bones), and M42 @ $310 was offered more than a year ago.

Definitely the definitive Iron Man armor. MK42 might not even make it out of the shipper. Just right onto the FS section. Then I'll never have to buy another Iron Man again.

I'm definitely getting this! Hopefully no pink panty problems. Already have Mk 1 and Mk 2 and this would round it off nicely!

I have avoided the Diecast because of the price, but really like the metal versions. However, this one is going into my collection no matter what the price :yess:

Back