MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WP_20150912_12_27_58_Pro 1.jpg

Mine arrived the other day, wow, what a figure.
Yeah the ab articulation and ankle is a let down, but this has such a presence! Love it!
Will remain in my collection until a Mark 6 2.0 if that ever comes!

Just got mine in today. Just a stunning figure. Despite some of the ankle/ torso articulation limitations--this is a stunning piece. I think I know why Hot Toys limited the articulation on the ankles (no NOT laziness); the figure is heavier therefore would not hold the poses correctly, or cause the ankle joints to become very floppy quickly.

Great pictures people, keep 'em coming :yess:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442090382.108904.jpg

Just saw this pic of the two new Diecast MKIII! Love the look of both actually, but have to stick with that ol' red and gold classic.
But that MKIII design....stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder from now on, all iron man figure coming out is going to be die cast.

Finally got to open mine today, and I was not disappointed. The negativity in this thread kinda made me second guess my choice, but now I am 100% glad I held out. This figure is stunning. Sure it has its limitations, but they all have things I would like to be different. This looks and feels great, the limited poses I have tried so far (yes, *that* one included) look good and I haven't even began to experiment with the add on weapons etc yet.
And that shiny 'Sideshow Exclusive' sticker is a nice little bonus too!

I lov this figure. And I can get it into pretty much any pose my other figures can do, more then most actually. So I never got the articulation complaints.

Just on looks this figure is a home run. It's stunning.

I don't think we will see another die cast for a while, unless they already have produced some piece in it already. HT only made three core suit designs with the die cast, now they released what 8 from them though? Those designs were also communicated almost 2 years ago and they have not previewed or released a different die cast suit outside of those since then. While I do like the heft of the die cast it really doesn't increase or decrease my enjoyment of the armors so I am fine with all plastic (as long as it doesn't fade).

1 WM 2.0
2 MK 42
3 MK 43
4 Hot Rod
5 WM AOU
6 MK III
7 MK III SV
8 Iron Patriot
*9 Whiplash MK II

Last edited:
I don't think we will see another die cast for a while, unless they already have produced some piece in it already. HT only made three core suit designs with the die cast, now they released what 7 from them though? Those designs were also communicated almost 2 years ago and they have not previewed or released a different die cast suit outside of those since then. While I do like the heft of the die cast it really doesn't increase or decrease my enjoyment of the armors so I am fine with all plastic (as long as it doesn't fade).

1 WM 2.0
2 MK 42
3 MK 43
4 Hot Rod
5 WM AOU
6 MK III
7 MK III SV
*8 Whiplash MK II

Don't forget MK 45, it's diecast.

I don't think we will see another die cast for a while, unless they already have produced some piece in it already. HT only made three core suit designs with the die cast, now they released what 7 from them though? Those designs were also communicated almost 2 years ago and they have not previewed or released a different die cast suit outside of those since then. While I do like the heft of the die cast it really doesn't increase or decrease my enjoyment of the armors so I am fine with all plastic (as long as it doesn't fade).

1 WM 2.0
2 MK 42
3 MK 43
4 Hot Rod
5 WM AOU
6 MK III
7 MK III SV
*8 Whiplash MK II

Don't forget MK 45, it's diecast.

Iron Patriot.

Wednesday for me ... the wait is painful. Waived the signature in case they decide to drop it off while I'm at the playground with my kid or something.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

I lov this figure. And I can get it into pretty much any pose my other figures can do, more then most actually. So I never got the articulation complaints.

Just on looks this figure is a home run. It's stunning.

Well, the torso can't turn to its right. :lecture Though the left twist is better than you'd get with some other IM figures, so it's a bit of a draw. If it's posed by itself, that makes little to no difference. If it's part of a diorama though, that might involve switching around the orientations of some other figures. Limitations suck, but they do also force creativity.

Back