Mistress Wishlist Giveaway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't read about anyone wishing for a Jedi Luke PF (and there are several shown on the site) so my hopes are still marginally high... even though we're currently somewhat cut off from flood waters (day 2 and 1/2 off work) and last night we had a snow storm which I just finished shoveling out of. Wacky week-- here's hoping a Fed-Ex truck is plowing its way through the mayhem to me. You never know.

It is actually a bit ridiculous......:slap

I Fedex truck delivered something to someone a few houses from me yesterday and when he was ready to go, the truck wouldn't start, making that funny starting noise. I actually went outside to ask the guy if he wanted some help, but the truck started before I got to him and he left.

This whole Mistress giveaway is making me more a Samaritan to my neighborhood.....I am a better person because of Sideshow..... :lol

Well.....even if I don't get Rocketman, I'm sure my fellow community will benefit from my actions....:wink1:

Anyone who received a gift on the East Coast or in the South East: How was your delivery made? UPS or Fed Ex? Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Anyone who received a gift on the East Coast or in the South East: How was your delivery made? UPS or Fed Ex? Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Always from UPS to New Jersey or at least my area. What's strange is that FedEx is on the other side of the block of where UPS pick-up is. So I know FedEx do deliver in the area, just not for Sideshow? :dunno

Last edited:
Urgh, Christmas party at my company....so stuff with food now. Don't wanna walk anymore. Anymore and I'll go to sleep under my desk. Weird is that they have a couch 5 feet from my desk.

Already have my present from Mistress....thx Sideshow.

Day 2 1/2 off work as we've had tremendous flooding here... and just to top it all off we had a snowstorm last night (when the temperature finally left the crazy mild) so I had to shovel my way out today... The bridge was washed away towards the capital city and now this afternoon the highway towards the other major city (where most of my Fed-Ex/UPS stuff comes from) has been flooded over so we're essentially cut off... Oh well, I guess no miraculous Mistress delivery today. Anyone got any spare sand bags?... Or shovels? :wave

I haven't had time to visit the board much lately but I had to come to say Thank You Sideshow!! The wish I made for my father was granted and I did not expect that at all.:blissy

Last year they granted a wish for my mother (she had been stuck taking care of a sick relative, sacrificing alot to do it) and although I wanted something for my father after the year he's had, I really didn't think I should ask for anything. Then after a disasterous week for him I did anyway but I didn't tell anyone. You should have seen his face and heard the laughing when he saw the package.

The gist of it is that it was like a sequel to last year. Last year one of the things my mother had to sacrifice was being mayor. My father ended up being elected by write in vote even after telling everyone he did NOT want the job. A since of duty had him accepting the job reluctantly. This was the begining of the troubles.

First, It turns out the town had fallen into deep trouble in the months my mother was out of office. The town is tiny so the mayor has lots of unpaid duties most mayors don't deal with but my father discovered something else. Let's just say that in particular there was a certain employee and bookkeeping. My father had to dig it out, going to the town hall before dawn, going back after work at 11pm, working on it in every free moment of the day. He's had to deal with government agencies, lawyers, etc.

Second, we have a family business that really consists of three people. The town stuff pulls him away from work and we aren't keeping up. Customers are not surprisingly upset at missed dead lines.

Third, my brother is adding an addition to his one bedroom family home. Trouble is, he drafted my father into designing and supervising the contruction. In effect we are building. The weekend don't let my father rest but have us all up early to head to my brother's where my father works harder and longer than anyone.

Fourth, things at home get neglected because of all this. The ancient wiring in my parents house went so they are stuck without electricity until there is time and money to fix it. (And my heating is out so I can't invite them there) That sort of thing.

Finally, my mother developed a scary health problem that has my father worrying and looking after her. That was the thing too far that had me making a wish for him.

No matter what he does someone is complaining he should be doing something else. No one besides my mother and myself realize how exhausted he has gotten. All he seems to get are complaints!

The weekend after I entered it just got worse! Working on my brother's house we all got injured! Not my brother and his wife had excuses for not helping, but first I pulled my back (for the first time ever), then my father threw his out, and then real disaster struck. The edge next to the foundation gave under my mother and she fell seven ft, pulling out her arm trying to catch herself and stopped at the bottom by cinderblocks. Thanks to her new medicine she was hurt worse than unsual. The good news is that she's mostly recovered now but is has been a painful few weeks. :(

Anyway, the package has had us all laughing again. I've had to insist my father keep it in the shop office where I can see it, so that he doesn't open it early. He keeps threatening to look. All of us can't wait to see what it is, and I'm not giving Pop any clues what it could be. Sideshow is giving us the most fun we've had in months!!!:lol

I can relate to your dad's story of not being able to do enough for everyone and only hearing complaint after complaint. Happy the Mistress heard your wish and granted it for him.

Take pics and post when he opens it.

Always from UPS to New Jersey or at least my area. What's strange is that FedEx is on the other side of the block of where UPS pick-up is. So I know FedEx do deliver in the area, just not for Sideshow? :dunno

Mine was delivered by Fedex...I am in southern NJ

Huh, where in NJ are you guys? I'm in Manahawkin (LBI)...

And congrats Mr. Green and brokenmusicbox!

Greetings freaks.... I just thought I'd jump in and let folks know I was one of the happy recipients of one of the Mistresses gifts. Here's a photo...

DSCN8864.jpg

I have to say, I'm feeling a bit guilty getting this after reading many of the other stories. I asked mainly because for the last couple of years since my wife went back to school to get a teaching degree finances have been kind of tight and I usually just get house or utilitarian type gifts. So I asked for something that would be FUN to get as a gift.

SS is killing me with all the great statues coming out so close to each other(IM, Spidey and now Kratos). I will now most likely have to cancel an order. Coming up with 1,000+xmas will be nearly impossible. At least I will have something to wish for next year:) BTW congrats to all that have received their wishes. Thank you SS for being so awesome and Happy Holidays.

Map if you don't mind me asking what did you wish for?

I haven't had time to visit the board much lately but I had to come to say Thank You Sideshow!! The wish I made for my father was granted and I did not expect that at all.:blissy

Last year they granted a wish for my mother (she had been stuck taking care of a sick relative, sacrificing alot to do it) and although I wanted something for my father after the year he's had, I really didn't think I should ask for anything. Then after a disasterous week for him I did anyway but I didn't tell anyone. You should have seen his face and heard the laughing when he saw the package.

The gist of it is that it was like a sequel to last year. Last year one of the things my mother had to sacrifice was being mayor. My father ended up being elected by write in vote even after telling everyone he did NOT want the job. A since of duty had him accepting the job reluctantly. This was the begining of the troubles.

First, It turns out the town had fallen into deep trouble in the months my mother was out of office. The town is tiny so the mayor has lots of unpaid duties most mayors don't deal with but my father discovered something else. Let's just say that in particular there was a certain employee and bookkeeping. My father had to dig it out, going to the town hall before dawn, going back after work at 11pm, working on it in every free moment of the day. He's had to deal with government agencies, lawyers, etc.

Second, we have a family business that really consists of three people. The town stuff pulls him away from work and we aren't keeping up. Customers are not surprisingly upset at missed dead lines.

Third, my brother is adding an addition to his one bedroom family home. Trouble is, he drafted my father into designing and supervising the contruction. In effect we are building. The weekend don't let my father rest but have us all up early to head to my brother's where my father works harder and longer than anyone.

Fourth, things at home get neglected because of all this. The ancient wiring in my parents house went so they are stuck without electricity until there is time and money to fix it. (And my heating is out so I can't invite them there) That sort of thing.

Finally, my mother developed a scary health problem that has my father worrying and looking after her. That was the thing too far that had me making a wish for him.

No matter what he does someone is complaining he should be doing something else. No one besides my mother and myself realize how exhausted he has gotten. All he seems to get are complaints!

The weekend after I entered it just got worse! Working on my brother's house we all got injured! Not my brother and his wife had excuses for not helping, but first I pulled my back (for the first time ever), then my father threw his out, and then real disaster struck. The edge next to the foundation gave under my mother and she fell seven ft, pulling out her arm trying to catch herself and stopped at the bottom by cinderblocks. Thanks to her new medicine she was hurt worse than unsual. The good news is that she's mostly recovered now but is has been a painful few weeks. :(

Anyway, the package has had us all laughing again. I've had to insist my father keep it in the shop office where I can see it, so that he doesn't open it early. He keeps threatening to look. All of us can't wait to see what it is, and I'm not giving Pop any clues what it could be. Sideshow is giving us the most fun we've had in months!!!:lol

Ha - I remember that story! Did you read the card yet? Your Dad might pee himself when you do! It would be stellar to read it in front of your brother! PLease take cell phone video and send it in to us!

Thanks everyone!!!

I honestly am not 100% sure what I asked for, I am pretty sure it was the X-Force Diorama, but I know I was thinking about asking for a couple of other things as well, and can't remember what I finally put down.

I did read the card and it was hilarious, my wife actually laughed pretty hard when I showed it to her.

Ha - I remember that story! Did you read the card yet? Your Dad might pee himself when you do! It would be stellar to read it in front of your brother! PLease take cell phone video and send it in to us!

Now I want to know what you wrote.

Must post vid of card being read outloud!!!

Back