Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved all the locations in the film as well. India, Dubai, Russia.. ____ I need to become a spy :lol

The movie was entertaining I'll give it that. But I wouldn't see it again.
Spoiler Spoiler:
:rotfl

Uh yeah. It's more realistic that they do fail. Considering they have zero reliable tech, or support.

And that old guy was going bezerk crazy. You would get knocked out by that dude.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just got back watching this and I love it!!! Best of the series so far. Overall great cast. Simon Pegg awesome comic as usual, Jeremy Renner also providing decent laugh as the straight man.

Tom Cruise still got the moves and charm and I am glad he is back for this (initially rumoured to be replace by Brad Pitt or Josh Holloway). Wasn't impressed with Paula. She is only there for eye candy and not very nice eye candy. (Maggie Q is still the best eye candy of the series).

It has a good balance of action and wit and things moved at a very good pace. I like how Brad Bird uses visual to tell the story and not so much on exposition. This is one director that knows how to use the camera and every shot is a story of its own.

Brad Bird would have been a great choice for a Bond movie. This MI feels very Bond-ish and the current Bond franchise should take a look at MIGP on how to make a great Bond film and do away with the Bourne crap (I love Bourne but it doesn't work for Bond)

The Dubai scene is easily the best and if that's really Tom Cruise doing all the stunts, big props to the man. Must be crazy to shot that high up!

I like how it's more realistic this time,equipment failures and unexpected "guests", how things never goes as planned and they need to improvised and adapt, like how real field agents do.

It kept me on the edge of my seat because I can't predict what will happen next. Great move making Tom Cruise human. He gets injured, made the wrong calculation and barely escapes with his lives in many scenes. (I really hate the superhuman Tom in MI2)

Nice cameo by a certain old time member and Josh Holloway. Josh would have been a decent replacement for Cruise honestly. He got the swagger, the charm and the moves. But I guess the movie is telling us that MI is a Tom Cruise vehicle and will stay that way.

I can't wait for another installment.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, Murphy's Law applies. Anything that can go wrong, usually will go wrong. At least this movie was realistic in showing that. As for the old guy....his level of training was never shown or discussed so he might have been as trained as any other person in the russian military (iirc he was in the russian military right?).

~~I really liked this movie. It was fun and entertaining with the standard gadgets, stunts, Tom Cruise running around, and hot womens.

Was quite a fun ride. I agree, best in the series for me so far as well.

Well, Murphy's Law applies. Anything that can go wrong, usually will go wrong. At least this movie was realistic in showing that. As for the old guy....his level of training was never shown or discussed so he might have been as trained as any other person in the russian military (iirc he was in the russian military right?).

~~I really liked this movie. It was fun and entertaining with the standard gadgets, stunts, Tom Cruise running around, and hot womens.

Murphy was an optimist.

This is great, I assumed this film would be crap considering its the 4th and those are usually 'not as good' or awful. I really enjoyed III so glad to hear this ones up there with the best.

The Dubai scenes in IMAX had me gripping the armrests of my chair quite tightly. I actually got a little dizzy here and there.

This was far more entertaining than I was expecting, and might be my favorite in the series, now that I think about it. This was a team film and not just a Cruise solo vehicle. Things didn't always go perfectly and that kept my interest. I also appreciated that they at least addressed the absence of his wife, rather than just completely ignore the last film.

just got back from IMAX !

wow that movie was so awsome.

the dubai scenes in IMAX look so amazing.

great movie sithlord.

Blu ray bought 100%

Damn right! That was my 2nd time seeing it. Action scenes just so well done. Sound and visuals was insane in IMAX.

I'll give Cruise credit for being pretty bad ass in this and at his age. And doing his own stunts. The guy is nuts for hanging up there! lol

Yeah love how things didn't always go as planned and they had to think fast, or fail sometimes.
Right amount of humor, and action.

Good but not great. Started off ok, got great in Dubai, then went downhill. End battle in a car factory was just stupid.

Solid 7.5 out of 10 though.

Just watched this a few days ago.

I like it. Great action sequence as expected. :cool: Gave it a 8.5/10 rating.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back