Miracle Production MA-01 Vehicle Voltron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm expecting mine this week, placed my order back in December so I'm looking forward to finally having it.

Nice pics MrClean... might I ask how you achieve the black backdrop for your photography?

Thanks bro. I use a lightbox with flourescent lights and for the black backdrop, I use a black velvet cloth that is hung in my background behind the toy.

Thanks bro. I use a lightbox with flourescent lights and for the black backdrop, I use a black velvet cloth that is hung in my background behind the toy.

How do you get the velvet to not show at all under the light? I've used black poster board but it reflects light. I also have lforigno's custom velvet cape for some of my HT batman figures and light reflects off that too. One friend told me it looks like he's wearing a mink coat:

ry%3D644

You're not getting any of those reflections, no sense of fabric behind the figures. It's like they're floating in the void. Really makes the figures pop.

Anyway, here's my Vehicle Voltron:

ry%3D682

Aside from some sloppy paint in some areas, mine has a few minor issues:

(1) The magnetic pin that holds the head down come out the first time I removed the head. I put it back, it stayed in place for one head removal, then on the next one it came out again. It doesn't look like there was any glue on it from the factory. I'm assuming it should have been glued, and will glue it myself.

(2) The ankles are a little iffy, particularly the left one. When I try to tilt the ankle, the ankle part itself is very stiff and doesn't want to tilt. Instead, the roof of the car pops out. In the pose I'm showing here, when I picked him up, the black car was just flopping loose since the roof was no longer snapped in place. I can pop it back in, but it doesn't stay. The roof panel pops out far easier than the ankles tilt. I'm debating whether to request a replacement left foot.

(3) Head crest is off center. But looking at the images of the ones others have received, that seems to be common enough that I'd probably get another one just like it if I requested a replacement.

After nearly year and a half waiting for this thing, I finally receive it. Now, I've been trying for 2 weeks to contact Toyfreakz for a replacement.

First, one of the panels that reveal the face wouldn't open but halfway. After trying at least a hundred times, with no response from Toyfreakz, I just force it open and begin to assemble the robot.

I also had the metal pin come out. But okay, it can be forced back in and made to work anyway.

But the final kick in the teeth: I go to put the red chest ship - number 15 - into place. Instead of that satisfying click of magnetic attraction as the pieces lock into place - they REPELLED EACH OTHER! THE MAGNET IS REVERSED!

David Oaks, check your emails!

I paid (in advance and full price) for Vehicle Voltron Dairugger 15 not 14!

I don't know if you're following the thread at Robot Japan, but he has been extremely non-responsive. He claims he's closing the store and isn't answering emails or voicemails. I only got my shipping notice because I threatened a credit card dispute. I would recommend you go that route, otherwise you're likely to be ignored. My card has a 60 day dispute limit and it had been 10 months, but I called and they were willing to work with me. You might also contact luxury_malls on eBay and get one if the resolution drags out. Great price, very responsive, but WEP has reportedly been getting eBay to shut down these auctions so you have to send a message and deal directly with him. Someone at tobot Japan might have an email address at this point. Goid luck with it, I feel your pain.

My right face panel is hard to get all the way open but I can push through it and it finally clicks into place. Left panel is easy and no click but it stays open.

I don't know if you're following the thread at Robot Japan, but he has been extremely non-responsive. He claims he's closing the store and isn't answering emails or voicemails. I only got my shipping notice because I threatened a credit card dispute. I would recommend you go that route, otherwise you're likely to be ignored. My card has a 60 day dispute limit and it had been 10 months, but I called and they were willing to work with me. You might also contact luxury_malls on eBay and get one if the resolution drags out. Great price, very responsive, but WEP has reportedly been getting eBay to shut down these auctions so you have to send a message and deal directly with him. Someone at tobot Japan might have an email address at this point. Goid luck with it, I feel your pain.

My right face panel is hard to get all the way open but I can push through it and it finally clicks into place. Left panel is easy and no click but it stays open.

Yeah, sporadically. I don't have an account, but I eventually end up there looking for info regarding the problems of this piece. Like another member stated earlier: I will NEVER pre-pay again. The reputable places like BBTS, Sideshow, AlterEgo, etc. don't take full pre-orders and both times I've done it, it was a nightmare. Last time, I had to resort to the credit card company, too.

It's always some one-man operation that uses your money to float his business or place orders he doesn't have the capital for. When the $#!t hits the fan, he's so upside down, he's closing shop and running.

As for Voltron, since MP seems to be absent, too, and no one is parting them on Ebay, my only other option is to try to unweld the magnet inside the ship? Now I see them selling on Ebay for $50 less than the Toyfreakz price which was supposed to have an exclusive that never happened, either.

After nearly year and a half waiting for this thing, I finally receive it. Now, I've been trying for 2 weeks to contact Toyfreakz for a replacement.

First, one of the panels that reveal the face wouldn't open but halfway. After trying at least a hundred times, with no response from Toyfreakz, I just force it open and begin to assemble the robot.

I also had the metal pin come out. But okay, it can be forced back in and made to work anyway.

But the final kick in the teeth: I go to put the red chest ship - number 15 - into place. Instead of that satisfying click of magnetic attraction as the pieces lock into place - they REPELLED EACH OTHER! THE MAGNET IS REVERSED!

David Oaks, check your emails!

I paid (in advance and full price) for Vehicle Voltron Dairugger 15 not 14!

Good luck getting a response from Dave. I had a defective head unit on mine and he never bothered responding to my emails. He basically has washed his hands clean of this mess and doesn't care about support.

Did anyone here realise there's a 3rd revision, that apparently rectifies all the errors in v1 and v2!?!? I only stumbled across this now when searching a retailer for something else!! Any news on what the fixes might be?

Did anyone here realise there's a 3rd revision, that apparently rectifies all the errors in v1 and v2!?!? I only stumbled across this now when searching a retailer for something else!! Any news on what the fixes might be?

There is no 3rd revision. It was just that some online retailers were stating they would have a "3rd version" just to sell their 2nd versions that they couldn't get rid of.

Are you a member of the Robot Japan forums? Miracle Productions is a forum member there and officially replied and confirmed there is no 3rd version (and will not be) in the thread.

There is no 3rd revision. It was just that some online retailers were stating they would have a "3rd version" just to sell their 2nd versions that they couldn't get rid of.

Are you a member of the Robot Japan forums? Miracle Productions is a forum member there and officially replied and confirmed there is no 3rd version (and will not be) in the thread.

Thanks, that's good to know! I was surprised cos retailers like Toy Arena, Robot Kingdom, Toyercity etc were all listing this "version 3" that fixed all problems! So I came in here and was surprised there was no discussion about it! Glad to hear Miracle confirmed there was no other release.

I think there were some minor paint fixes, but it's not a true version 3 as far as improved physical parts.

Miracle basically said, "We did paint changes, if they want to say it's version 3 that's fine."
They slapped a sticker on it, but who knows.

Here is a comparison video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw0DgXNR0I0

I dont know how reliable all this information is. I'm tempted to grab one but its still a crap shoot

Last edited:
Back