Statue Minas Morgul Environment V2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, Bucky.

I paid off mine completely last month and have yet to receive shipping notice. But I went through a headache with Weta, where they cancelled my order and then had to reinstate it.

It's purdy ...

And dayum, that's a big box.

For the moment, it's on display in our living room alongside its sister city.

image3.jpeg

Details are just as gorgeous as you'd expect from this line.

image1.jpeg

I mean, come on ... seriously!

image0.jpg

So I've been staring at this beauty for a few hours now and my idle curiosity has me pondering: Here's a question for people with deep book knowledge ... what IS the green glow? (I assume it's in the book, but please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't read them in many years.) It's clearly the manifestation of some kind of evil magic, but what is it? Is it a beacon? Is it something only the Nazgul can conjure? Can Sauron not do it? Barad-dur doesn't have it and that's corporate headquarters.

These are the things I think about when I'm stuck in my house and I'm trying to ignore my work laptop.

Incidentally, the lighting effect looks pretty phenomenal. There's a plug with multiple region adapters and a knob to adjust the intensity of the glow.

This makes me want a light-up Doors of Durin Moria or a Sammath Naur/Crack of Doom environment even more now. :pray:

Last edited:
It was the corruption of the initial "moonlight" glow when it was Minas Ithil, the original name.

I found the following regarding the glow:

"Upon the further side, some way within the valley's arms high on a rocky seat upon the black knees of the Ephel D?ath, stood the walls and tower of Minas Morgul. All was dark about it, earth and sky, but it was lit with light. Not the imprisoned moonlight welling through the marble walls of Minas Ithil long ago, Tower of the Moon, fair and radiant in the hollow of the hills. Paler indeed than the moon ailing in some slow eclipse was the light of it now, wavering and blowing like a noisome exhalation of decay, a corpse-light, a light that illuminated nothing. In the walls and tower windows showed, like countless black holes looking inward into emptiness; but the topmost course of the tower revolved slowly, first one way and then another, a huge ghostly head leering into the night."

It isn't described as green but an "exhalation of decay", which Peter Jackson interpreted as a evil green glow.

I can't wait for mine to eventually ship and arrive. The LOTR Environments are my main collectible line and this was a must-have for years.

By the way, I have a custom Sammath Naur piece that I treasure.

Sammath Naur1.jpg
Sammath Naur2.jpg

I.

LOVE.

THAT.

SAMMATH.

NAUR.

CUSTOM.

(Also, thanks for the info! "Glowing green" seems to be a kind of visual shorthand for Jackson when it comes to evil and death. The Dead Marshes and the Army of the Dead had similar hues.)

So after waiting this piece. It has finally made to my home, what surprised me was I got number 001. Nice have the first piece.

yeah I was gobsmacked the outer shipper said 001 one and i thought it was related to the batch. So after checking the bottom of the actual box and base and saw 001 I taken back. A small piece of happiness in these dark times.

Congrats, amity498! That is really cool. I think the first and the last numbered pieces are the most special:

The first is obviously the first. With the last one, you know that none were made after that one. The run is completed.

Congrats, amity498! That is really cool. I think the first and the last numbered pieces are the most special:

The first is obviously the first. With the last one, you know that none were made after that one. The run is completed.

However, the numbers are random - number 1 isn't necessarily the first produced and so on.

The environment is simply amazing. The light-up feature just makes it more incredible.

Now I wish that they had included similar lighting features to several other pieces that would have benefited from it:
- A flickering fire effect in the Mines of Moria piece.
- Light up Eye of Sauron in Barad-Dur.

Here are some quick and crappy pics.

MM 4.jpg

MM 5.jpg

That?s an awesome piece! Congrats

Is that your favorite environment in your collection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back