Statue Minas Morgul Environment V2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they use good LEDs and wiring, they should outlast us...

Somewhere between 50,000 to 75,000 hours.

I doubt they would use that good of LEDs. Most consumer ones are 10-25K hours, which still would be more than would ever be needed unless you used this as a nightlight or something.

Yes, if it's more than MT I think that may make people pause. Sculpt and paint look great (light up is a big bonus) and people have been asking for this for a long time so it definitely has that going for it. I bought MT from an individual at a fair price and not from Weta. At the time I thought MT was expensive and had more time to order.

If I feel the price is stupidly expensive I may pause, BUT Barad-D?r is easily one of my favorite pieces of polystone and this with Grond and hopefully the Black Gate eventually would look great together, so this is definitely at the top of my want list.

Elessars pics from the Flamers Forum.
48327036116_0b344f88bc_k.jpg

48327164452_ea14ab52b3_k.jpg

This might be to cool to pass on.

Last edited:
I'm psyched about the light-up feature. (I believe it wasn't allowed in earlier versions of their LOTR license, but they seem to have corrected that.) I'm sure it will look great on this piece, but I'm reeeally looking forward to it being used on future pieces. Specifically, I'm really, really hoping to see a Doors of Durin entrance to Moria with light-up runes.

Or maybe a Frodo or Sam with the Fial of Galadriel. Gandalf on the bridge? Lots of interesting possibilities.

Yes, lots of possibilities. The Doors of Durin would would be neat, now I guess a Mt. Doom wouldn't be out of the question either.

With this same light up ability I'm hoping SSC will attempt a new Ghost Rider.

I'm in agreement with you guys. I can't see myself passing on Minas Morgul. Fortunately I've got some Weta dollars to throw at it, which will probably just cover shipping...

A lighted "Doors of Durin" would be amazing and one that a lot of us have been requesting for a long, long time, as well.

As for Mt. Doom, I was fortunate enough to pick up Kyle's amazing custom "Sammath Naur" piece, so I'm good there. I guess the lava could have been lit but that was beyond the scope of his project. It looks wonderful, though.

Sammath Naur1.jpg
Sammath Naur2.jpg

I'm in agreement with you guys. I can't see myself passing on Minas Morgul. Fortunately I've got some Weta dollars to throw at it, which will probably just cover shipping...

A lighted "Doors of Durin" would be amazing and one that a lot of us have been requesting for a long, long time, as well.

As for Mt. Doom, I was fortunate enough to pick up Kyle's amazing custom "Sammath Naur" piece, so I'm good there. I guess the lava could have been lit but that was beyond the scope of his project. It looks wonderful, though.

View attachment 463665
View attachment 463666

Oh, MAN! That is EXACTLY what I've been hoping Weta would make for a very long time! That's gorgeous! If they offered something like that with a glowing function, I can pretty much guarantee I'd just hand them all my credit cards and not ask any more questions.

Oh, MAN! That is EXACTLY what I've been hoping Weta would make for a very long time! That's gorgeous! If they offered something like that with a glowing function, I can pretty much guarantee I'd just hand them all my credit cards and not ask any more questions.

:rotfl

This will be mighty tempting... what sort of price range are we thinking?

Weta's Minith Tirith was $600 three years ago. I'm going to assume that Minas Morgul with the electronics will be around $700. That's a big chunk of change but I'm committed to get it. I'll probably suffer buyer's remorse for a while but will be glad I picked it up, once it sells out and after-market pricing sails into the "unbuying lands"...

Probably, it'd be better if it was strictly limited at $750. MT and Grond hung around for a while due to the high cost. We'll have to wait and see...

Yea, they even had to play the fake "low stock" game with Grond to get it to move at $750. It probably should have been $599 to start, but they probably still sold a lot of them at $750 so they might make more that way even if they discount the last few to move them.

That is an excellent point. it's a gamble that many people take:

1. Order immediately and guarantee getting the piece or...

2. Wait for a sale (Black Friday, for example) and if still in stock, get it for a significant discount.

I think Minas Morgul, if priced and numbered the same as Grond, will sell out before a sale comes along.

If it is an open piece, like Minas Tirith, there will definitely be some time before it sells out. Plus, the price will be a factor.

I love these giant, dramatic statement pieces, but I'm missing the days of some of the smaller (read: "less expensive") ones. The Hobbit Holes are adorable, but after a while I have trouble telling them apart. I'd love to see some more of the middle-ground environments.

Minas Tirith hung around because it was an open edition. These days, Weta seem to like selling out quickly with a low ES.

Open or not it was around for a while after people had been asking for it, much the same as this environment. MT might have been a combination of price tag and people thinking it might have been around longer like Rivendell.

I love these giant, dramatic statement pieces, but I'm missing the days of some of the smaller (read: "less expensive") ones. The Hobbit Holes are adorable, but after a while I have trouble telling them apart. I'd love to see some more of the middle-ground environments.

Yes, I'm thinking the Black Gate would be like that. Possibly Crith Ungol as well. There's potentially a lot of middle ground environments to do...

Last edited:
Back