Statue Minas Morgul Environment V2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minas Tirith hung around because it was an open edition. These days, Weta seem to like selling out quickly with a low ES.

I'd rather have a limited edition even if it costs a bit more, they could have theoretically sold them forever like they do with Bag End.

I'd rather have a limited edition even if it costs a bit more, they could have theoretically sold them forever like they do with Bag End.

:exactly: that's pretty much now I feel.

I'm really only waiting for Sauron (and may pick up a mini on sales if there's something I want) but for the most part it's all environments from Weta for me.

I love these giant, dramatic statement pieces, but I'm missing the days of some of the smaller (read: "less expensive") ones. The Hobbit Holes are adorable, but after a while I have trouble telling them apart. I'd love to see some more of the middle-ground environments.

I agree but I don't want tiny environments, such as the ones that came with the original DVDs (MT & MM). I like the larger, more detailed pieces, even if a little more expensive.*

*Unfortunately, they no longer are a "little" more expensive... :(

Agreed as well. These are supposed to be limited edition collectibles and should remain so. It is part of what justifies the crazy prices.

Yea, provided we don't get anymore like the 9500 edition sizes of the old SSW days:lol. That is actually worse than an open edition that only lasts a few years.

I agree but I don't want tiny environments, such as the ones that came with the original DVDs (MT & MM). I like the larger, more detailed pieces, even if a little more expensive.*

:exactly: Occasionally I like the little bitty ones -- like I said, the Hobbit Holes are cute (I don't really even count the teensy little DVD pieces as part of the line) -- but they shouldn't all be giant, expensive centerpieces either. I'd love to see a few more of the mid-range ones -- like the Gates of Erebor, the Argonath (2.0), Edoras, Helm's Deep, etc.

For instance, I'd love to see a moderately sized Zirak-Zigil, Crack of Doom/Samath Naur (like the one above), Gate of Moria ... stuff in the $200-$400 range.

Well they only did those two for the DVD. I love the original environments which were made by Mary McLaughlin who made the 'bigatures' for the film. A few years ago Weta had a poll on their forum about environments and they mentioned the black gate and that if done it would be on the same size base as Helms Deep, which is perfect. I would have taken a smaller Barad Dur but I'm happy that the main environments are a bit bigger - that, Minas Tirith, Rivendell... I can see why Minas Morgul is a bit larger as it will match Minas Tirith. But yes, I want smaller environments now like the black gate, Cirith Ungol, gates of Moria. I love the Hobbit holes and will continue to get them so I can make my own Shire... I'm hoping for a Hobbiton mill with the bridge to go with the Green Dragon.

:exactly: Occasionally I like the little bitty ones -- like I said, the Hobbit Holes are cute (I don't really even count the teensy little DVD pieces as part of the line) -- but they shouldn't all be giant, expensive centerpieces either. I'd love to see a few more of the mid-range ones -- like the Gates of Erebor, the Argonath (2.0), Edoras, Helm's Deep, etc.

For instance, I'd love to see a moderately sized Zirak-Zigil, Crack of Doom/Samath Naur (like the one above), Gate of Moria ... stuff in the $200-$400 range.

Well they only did those two for the DVD. I love the original environments which were made by Mary McLaughlin who made the 'bigatures' for the film. A few years ago Weta had a poll on their forum about environments and they mentioned the black gate and that if done it would be on the same size base as Helms Deep, which is perfect. I would have taken a smaller Barad Dur but I'm happy that the main environments are a bit bigger - that, Minas Tirith, Rivendell... I can see why Minas Morgul is a bit larger as it will match Minas Tirith. But yes, I want smaller environments now like the black gate, Cirith Ungol, gates of Moria. I love the Hobbit holes and will continue to get them so I can make my own Shire... I'm hoping for a Hobbiton mill with the bridge to go with the Green Dragon.

I'm in agreement with both of you. Can't have all of them in the Barad Dur size (and price) range. That would certainly take me out of the line and quite possibly many others.

You both brought up excellent environments that I hope we get to see in the near future.

As for the Smials (Hobbit Holes), I love them all and have been able to get them all, so far. True that some may be difficult to pick out but they look fantastic on display, all together. The best part - they are affordable, too.

With Iron Studios getting started with their mini / diorama pieces, I wonder what Weta will do in response.

Iron Studios
Prime 1
Asmus

There's competition on the very near horizon.

Now that the Galadriel piece went on sale (and subsequently sold out at Weta) I'm hopeful that "Minas Morgul" goes on pre-order soon.

As long as it lasts more than 90 min! Don't want to miss this one, I don't collect 1/6 so wasn't upset I missed her, but I will be for this.

I think genes are just part of the environment. It is the soul that rules both the genes and the environment. Aristotle went on and on about the soul, and his work On the Soul still survives, for anyone interested. I think Alexander would have chosen who his mother and father would be from the other side.
John

I think genes are just part of the environment. It is the soul that rules both the genes and the environment. Aristotle went on and on about the soul, and his work On the Soul still survives, for anyone interested. I think Alexander would have chosen who his mother and father would be from the other side.
John

Yes, but how that effects the price of polystone I have no idea.

Last edited:
This'll probably be one of my last high dollar polystone purchases. The way Weta will be selling this is almost like the what sideshow used to do. Albeit in a smaller more compressed time frame.

Yeah, I can't really justify too many more big polystone acquisitions. But this one will be hard to resist. But if it's north of $700, that will likely push it beyond the reach of my graspy little fingers.

I wonder if they'll offer the installment payment plans they've done for some of the pricier pieces.

Back