Statue Minas Morgul Environment V2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The environment line is what pulled me into the original Sideshow/Weta LOTR collection (followed by the helms...).

Minas Morgul is a must-get for me. But if the price is ridiculously high, it may be the last of the high priced pieces.

With this new format of edition size selling (based on pre-orders), I have a feeling that the price will indeed be high. Although I'm sure that they will make much more than what is pre-ordered, simply to make more money.

Same here! Those SSW helms and environments were my gateway drug into the addiction of higher-end collecting. My credit score may never forgive me.

In all seriousness, though, I bet Weta's sales data are nudging them toward this experiment. It kind of makes sense. As collectors, we all tend to order these things straight out of the gates. It's like all the fans going to a movie on opening weekend. I bet the sales probably drop off sharply after that. There probably aren't a ton of casual collectors after that. When Grond went up for order it went down to "Low Stock" pretty quickly ... and then took a good long time (and some discounts) to finally sell out.

Casual collectors (and tourists to the Hobbiton farm) can impulse buy a $40 hobbit hole, but a $700 or $800 piece has a much smaller pool of potential customers. I'm guessing?

If we're reading tea leaves, all of this probably means this thing is going to be crazy expensive. :monkey2

Apparently the price briefly showed on the website - $599, which works out for me around ?450 not including vat. And I have 250 weta dollars to use thanks to Treebeard!

Apparently the price briefly showed on the website - $599, which works out for me around ?450 not including vat. And I have 250 weta dollars to use thanks to Treebeard!

God, what does it say about this hobby that the first thing I thought when reading that was: "Hey, that's not so bad!"

I feel like I need to rethink my priorities in life.

Right after I order this.

:rotfl I thought the same thing.

I've got about $140 in Weta dollars. I figure most of it will end up covering shipping, which has gotten crazy.

I've been ordering most of the latest pieces from Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store, as shipping is either free (EE) or just 4 bucks (BBTS). Unfortunately, this one won't make it to either place, due to the pre-order experiment.

Does Weta have payment plans?
I must admit these environments are probably too rich for my blood, but Minas Morgul looks amazing.
I'm especially impressed by the light feature, which works uniquely well for this piece.
I have only just purchased my first LOTR environment: Barad-dur - at a really decent price as well! looking forward to that arriving!

It's been a while since I've ordered anything LOTR but I think I may have to get this. Does Weta still temporarily charge you the entire amount when pre-ordering even if you do a payment plan?

Ordered as well. Threw all of my Weta dollars at it, which helped a tiny bit with the inevitable buyer's remorse that always hits with these expensive pieces...

I'm definitely not happy with the price but this was a grail to me.

For $500, I would be quite tempted, but for $750+ I'll have to live with this one potentially being "the one that got away".

For those that are thinking of buying and flipping this one, with the unique ES number and being that it's a much wanted piece, I think it will rise in value fairly quickly, once sold out at the online shops. Pricey for sure but so was Barad-Dur and that one went up as well and with a 1000 ES.

I got this email yesterday:

Dear Robb,

We're pleased to let you know that the wait is nearly over; your demonic citadel will be despatched next week.

We hope you thoroughly enjoy your Minas Morgul, and if you have any concerns or questions please don't hesitate to contact us. The team are always more than happy to help.

Cheers,

The Weta Workshop collectibles crew.

I'm on the flex payment plan, and I haven't been charged with the last payment yet. It's scheduled for March 11th, but I'm not sure if they'll charge it early.

Last edited:
Almost two weeks ago, Weta cancelled my order without warning, as the card on file had been replaced due to possible fraud and I was on their payment plan. I caught it by accident, when just checking out my account at Weta. I called and spoke to a customer representative who apologized and helped me straighten it out. I ended up just paying the full balance, including shipping, and she said that it would be shipping out in "May"...

I now start hearing that people are receiving these shipping emails and I've received nothing. Checked the account and it STILL shows as "cancelled". This is really ticking me off...

:gah:

If it helps anyone, this is what Magnus from Weta posted on the flame of Udun message board -

Hi all!
Apologies if there have been a few confusing messages around dispatching (and not, as the case may be) Minas Morgul. As I'm sure you realise, trying to get the most up-to-date information when we cannot travel to China and most people in China are working in separation from each other is a bit of a challenge.

When we said the first round will be 'dispatched' next week - that means 1. that they are leaving our warehouses and heading to you (these were on a ship before the Corona virus became an issue) and 2. ...provided it's fully paid, as always.

So those of you who were told "next week" but have payment plans maturing in March will be getting yours when the final payment comes through.

Those few who missed out on the first shipment and received an email notifying of the delay will be receiving theirs when our manufacturing and freight partners confirm all is well again and normal operations can resume. We will keep you informed.

So - again, I apologise if this was a bit muddled.

Back