Millennium Falcon Spec Plate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a useless collectible for $2000.

Even if you think that, it's pretty rude to say that to someone who just bought one IMHO. It's definitely got a limited target audience, but then again it's limited to just 25. Rodders got it for 25% off in a recent sale, which certainly helps, and his entire collection is centered around the Falcon, so I think it's perfect for him.

I don't think it's nearly as cool as people have been spouting and for that price you might as well get the MR ship.

Considering that already has the MR MF this is the next logical purchase if he is MF focused and ha the $ to spare.

Congrats to your newest arrival :D. Say is it laser edged or silkscreened as in painted? I can't be sure looking at the new pics. Also find it funny that in essence you almost got a plaque for a plaque :)

Congrats on the acquisition! It looks real sharp and you've got some real bragging rights with that ES.

And anyone on here judging him because of the price is a straight up hypocrite. There isn't one thing that has the Star Wars logo on it that isn't overpriced for what you get, especially the 12" pieces of plastic that most of us love so much.

Just because you can't afford it (or can and aren't willing to spend it on this because it's not your particular focus) doesn't mean people who can are suckers.

I just dropped $120 on a loose Yak Face and have zero regrets :lecture Well maybe that I wish I had been able to find a few carded examples in 1985 that I kept in a climate controlled storage unit :lol

Yes it does, actually. It really does.

'Fraid not. His hard earned money, his collection. That makes your opinion pretty much irrelevant.

But if you want to keep boosting your post count with negative comments, head on up to the customs section. You can go tell a bunch of people how their sculpts suck, their paint jobs suck, and they spent way too much money. After that, go right into some of the threads with recently received figures and tell people their photos suck. And there is a few figures coming out soon, you can go call everyone who pre-ordered a sucker.

Way to start:slap

'Fraid not. His hard earned money, his collection. That makes your opinion pretty much irrelevant.

:lecture

But you know...

haters-gonna-hate.gif

Congrats on the acquisition! It looks real sharp and you've got some real bragging rights with that ES.

And anyone on here judging him because of the price is a straight up hypocrite. There isn't one thing that has the Star Wars logo on it that isn't overpriced for what you get, especially the 12" pieces of plastic that most of us love so much.

Just because you can't afford it (or can and aren't willing to spend it on this because it's not your particular focus) doesn't mean people who can are suckers.

One of the most accurate posts of all time. EVERYTHING we buy is subject to "outsiders" thinking it's stupid. People who don't like Star Wars would think that spending $6 on a 3 3/4 inch piece of plastic is foolish. People who collect $6 action figures might think it outrageous to spend $100 on a larger version. It goes on and on. Spending a couple of grand on something really unique that you enjoy everyday is a good investment, if you think it is.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Elite...:rolleyes2

If Shai comes to a sudden stop you're head will be so far up his arse you won't be able to get it out.

I should embarrass you right here, but seeing that you are a Chargers fan....that is brutal enough. I pitty you. :lol

I don't think it's nearly as cool as people have been spouting and for that price you might as well get the MR ship.

Yeah, i already have the MR Falcon and i figure that the technical aspects of the specplate would make a great backdrop for it. I also bought this in the recent sale, so i got a 25% discount on it. I still like this piece despite the price.

I don't mind the negative comments at all. Aren't these forums all about debating our own collections and obsessions? :)

Right you are Rodders. The Falcon sketch plate is pretty awesome -having seen it in person at C5.

The debate should not be the money that was paid for this or not such PRODERS or another one. Now the fact of putting on the market a few copies, it is enough to make a product attractive and amazing one. Can we do anything in the Star Wars license to make money (Yep it's not already the case?:dunno), you would buy underpants chewbaca numbered to 50 copies 1500 USD?:cuckoo:

Back