Michael Turner's Fathom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The prototype base was beautifully tinted resin with a nice transition effect and the production base looks cheap and rushed. Not sure how bait and switch is comical, but to each their own.

I’ll assume you have the production version in hand and made a close up inspection when making that claim as using a poor resolution photo would just be absurd wouldn’t it?

I will actually like it better if the water transitions to a clearer coloration the higher up the water goes. Makes it more realistic for me. Shooting pictures of waves and the ocean has always been one of my favorite landscape type of photographs to shoot and short of shooting right at sunset with particular waves that kind of run into each other and just kind of shoot up in the air (in which case the water turns a really bright orange with a great sunset), the water should get clearer the higher up its gets from the surface. Having the water be tinted blue all the way up just wouldn't be as nice, at least not for me. Placed this order on day 1 and anxiouly await finally getting a really high quality PF Fathom piece!!!

After watching the out of the box video and looking at pictures again I had to order it. Delivery Friday! I even got back into buying Michael Turner signed prints. I have four on the way :yess:

pa0QoNZ.jpg

Just Got Aspen in #63, More pics available here:
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=5638023#post5638023

Looks good, did they forget to paint the suit all the way in the back or was it intentional? Probably looks better that way as the little line in the back looks tacky sometimes if done wrong.

I doubt it, Fathom is a fringe character almost like Vampirella and Lady Death

Probably even more fringe than Witchblade. Turner stuff is relatively popular now though since he passed, usually the case with artists, was a sad day.

Seems like they're really getting lazy with their poses. This and the One-Leg-Up job. ...
9bba7b1ce05869ed011574b3a8af9b8a.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

You're right about that. I love the fire and water look though.

I'm not even convinced kta intentional since they're from completely unrelated companies. I just feel they're corner cutting - at best theyre not pushing their sculptors, at worst they're copy/pasting their zbrush files. For the prices their asking I'm all too happy to go to Tweeterhead.
You're right about that. I love the fire and water look though.

I'm not even convinced kta intentional since they're from completely unrelated companies. I just feel they're corner cutting - at best theyre not pushing their sculptors, at worst they're copy/pasting their zbrush files. For the prices their asking I'm all too happy to go to Tweeterhead.

It would seem they are copy pasting from Z brush as even face sculpts are identical on some with a different nose or lips. Phoenix and Fathoms abs are even almost identical except a slight difference from the torso bend.

I dont mind the water clear thing but it seems they did something to her eyes, the prototype version seems to have more seductive looking eyes, I think they painted the iris on the production to be looking slightly upwards? Or maybe it's just my imagination...

I dont mind the water clear thing but it seems they did something to her eyes, the prototype version seems to have more seductive looking eyes, I think they painted the iris on the production to be looking slightly upwards? Or maybe it's just my imagination...

The eyes usually aren’t painted anymore, they use transfers like archer because it’s a lot easier and better looking product in the end.

I would guess they have a pre made template with eye distance, height etc and they just put them on then seal them.

Apparently Grace from Soulfire is the next character SSC are making from Aspencomics...

Can you give us some info on how you might know that?

I would totally love a Soulfire Grace statue! And if SSC can make her look as good as Aspen, then that would be freakin fantastic!

This would have made a great optional base for regular Phoenix. Beautiful statue although not sure about the mouth. I've been thinking of picking one up for a Mera conversion, but I've got a feeling SS may produce one. I do have a second character in mind that could also work though.

Back