Michael Myers PF question put to rest...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Le Fantome

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Q.
Friday, October 29th, 2010
Just wondering if you have any plans for a Halloween Premium Format Figure?

Halloween, the original film, is a difficult film to license, as there is some mystery surrounding the film’s true ownership. We would LOVE to do one – maybe someday!

Lame.

How was Neca able to make the 18" Myers? That sculpt looked pretty accurate.

Excellent point. You forgot to put this after, though: "Hmmmmmmmm Sideshow? Hmmmmmmm?"

Seems that NECA hasn't had any problem the last several years putting out Halloween/Michael Myers figures.

Q.
Friday, October 29th, 2010
Just wondering if you have any plans for a Halloween Premium Format Figure?

Halloween, the original film, is a difficult film to license, as there is some mystery surrounding the film’s true ownership. We would LOVE to do one – maybe someday!

Lame.

Then call NECA to help you solve this "mystery".

Thats true, I didnt even think of that, McFarlane and NECA never seemed to have a problem releasing there figures.

That puts nothing at all to rest, Sideshow has said the exact same thing for years :duh

That puts nothing at all to rest, Sideshow has said the exact same thing for years :duh

And :duh , has there been a Michael Myers PF yet?

In a few pretty significant ways, it does put it to rest...

a) This says to me that maybe they were in some kind of on and off talks for quite a while (hence the lack of clear response on the matter), and now, it's officially off the table for the foreseeable future, so they can finally answer, albeit with an excuse of sorts.

b) A company with as much $ as Sideshow bothering to mention it being a "difficult license", when obviously, NECA, McFarlane, and other companies (some being a lot smaller) have been putting out Halloween/MM figures, etc., = excuse.

c) We didn't get a "maybe 2011 or possibly 2012" - we got "maybe someday." When, 2023? "Maybe someday" is Sideshow-speak for: probably not (for whatever reason).

So for me, it puts it to rest - as in, not holding my breath/keeping hopes up anymore. If it ever does see the light of day, it will be a much welcomed surprise indeed, for all of us.

Last edited:
You mean the can "finally" tell us what they have told us numerous times before? :lol

I wasn't aware that they had ever previously given an answer (excuse) like the one mentioned. If they have, I stand corrected - but to my knowledge, I've never seen them make one that was actually answered in an "Ask Sideshow" or anywhere else.

Michael Myers is my favorite Horror character and Halloween is my favorite movie and franchise of all time.

This news makes me quite depressed.

Sideshow punting again. That's all this answer is. If they wanted to do a Halloween 1 Myers PF, they would. But they're too busy making a gazillion Star Wars clone figures and polystone Marvel products.

Cant believe Sideshow isnt more dedicate to making a PF of MM...This license should be on top of their list...Instead of that they'll release a Dinausaur in their marvel line and other figures or ____ lsb busts we couldnt care less about....Next, they'll ask themselves why the buizness aint what it used to be...:duh

Todd Mcfarlane's toy compagny started to crumble when he started being cheap and didnt wanted to pay for licenses anymore...Sideshow is starting to look like MCF in their buizness approach.

Maybe we can make our own PF MM... How hard could it be, tons of excellent customizers here, and tailors to make the coveralls...
We can convert any 18 inch neca or other for base body.
And there are many resin bases out there to use.
Just my thoughts for the PF collector

Back