Michael Jackson dead at 50

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother was going to pay for me and him to go see Michael play his last tour for my birthday. .I'm so gutted.

Rest In Piece.

Plot thickens already.

Cops look for Jackson’s doctor
Posted: 12:29 PM ET
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) — Police are looking for Michael Jackon’s personal physician but have been unable to contact him, they said Friday.

The doctor’s car was towed from Jackson’s home Thursday and impounded, authorities said.

The car may contain “medications pertinent to the investigation” into Jackson’s death, said Detective Agustin Villanueva of Los Angeles Police Department said.

Police did not release the doctors name.

Well, I couldn't believe this when I heard it. My 8-year-old daughter told me this and I did not believe her. Then I was picking up an order at Pizza Hut and it was all over the news (of course).

I have not been an MJ fan since the whole molestation thing came out. Even though he was not found guilty, there was enough strangeness brought to light to make me seriously suspect his intentions.

But there is no denying, that his passing is likely the single biggest loss to the entertainment world in history. But that is assuming that he could have gone on being as entertaining as he was for many more years had he chosen to.

Sounds like his doctor has some 'splainin' to do.

This is all surreal...
Let me share my story with you... it's actually kind of eerie...

Yesterday, I went to a day trip with my wife and a friend who is in town to the Wild Animal Park here in CA,
and I was thinking early in the morning about what music to play on the road...
my pick was Michael Jackson...
we were actually talking about him on our way there, and I was telling my friend how I'd love to see him perform one last time live...
Later, a friend of mine called me and gave me the news...
I couldn't believe it...
:monkey2

ohh man !! that's crazy !

I was playing volleyball last nite when someone came out and told of the news.

we went inside and all the tv's had the breaking news from CNN.
People where crying and I was just so shocked man.

for the rest of the nite they tuned to satelite radio MJ all nite.
I still cant belive it.

The ICON of the 80's is gone

Guys check this out !

ghosts-1997-tou-02-g.jpg

2 legends

RIP MJ and STAN !

sad ! so sad!

I'm shocked to see some of the reactions in this thread to be honest. I mean even if you didn't like the guy, what's there to gain in saying bad things about him when he dies. That's just sick.

I'm sad about the news, he has been a huge influence on modern music and popculture, despite the "weird" things he might have done later on in life. One of the greatest entertainers ever. Rest in peace, Michael.

My wife, who works for a very important hospital in Los Angeles (not UCLA) told me about his death about 30 - 40 minutes before any news outlet revealed it. I didn't want to believe it even though I knew it was true. I kept checking all the news websites and nobody was reporting it. They were only saying that he had been rushed to a hospital. Finally TMZ reported it. Deep inside I was hoping they were all wrong, I kept wondering why they were talking too long to report it.

Now, I was a fan of his music. He wasn't one of my favorite artists but I like at least 30 + of his songs. Dirty Diana is one of my 10 all time favorite songs. I am saddened even though I never met the person, saw him live or even bought anything about him besides his CDs.

It is easy to get attached to people we don't know, even more if they are celebrities whose life we all know due to the media reporting it. In Michael Jackson's case, his personal life aside, he was a true icon and a legend. His contribution to the entertainment world can't be denied and will live forever.

May you finally find peace from a world that persecuted and mocked you constantly.

Luis

Shocked and saddened by the news. I was never a huge fan, but I did listen to his Thriller album quite a bit when I was a kid. Who cares about the man's personal life? Sad that celebrity's are always under the scrutiny of the media and general public; people seem to have this obsession with their personal lives, negative or positive. MJ will be remembered as a great entertainer and pop musician. That's all that matters to me.

I thought this was an interesting image. Michael if he had aged naturally with no surgeries.

michael-jackson.jpg

man this is shocking to say the least. i think that pretty much everyone at one time or another either bought or listened to mike's music.

truely an icon from years past, like him or not for all his wierdness and strange antics, you still had to respect him.

shocking to me. He's always seemed like one of those guys who's been around forever and he just seemed like such an icon that you never really thought of him dying. And then it just happens. Very sorry to hear. I wasn't a fan but I think everyone up likes at least a few of his songs :lol RIP MJ.

I thought this was an interesting image. Michael if he had aged naturally with no surgeries.

michael-jackson.jpg

Its sad that he was never content with his looks, the guy was not bad looking at all. You can only imagine how much mental abuse he went through to drive him to pretty much ruin his face.

You should never get too emotionally vested in your "heroes". You can attach yourself emotionally to their work, sure... but when you deify them as a person you're actually losing touch with reality whether you know it or not. They are just people. Talented, sure. But still... just people. With the same faults and issues as the rest of us. Sometimes, much more so.
very well put Irish.
He was talented, his music will live on but doesnt mean we have to agree with the mans life style or choices.

michael-jackson.jpg

But didn't he have a skin disorder? So that pic would be inncorrect?

Its sad that he was never content with his looks, the guy was not bad looking at all. You can only imagine how much mental abuse he went through to drive him to pretty much ruin his face.

True. In a sense, he never really wanted to grow up. Thus why he always tried to keep a youthful appearance.

Last edited:
Personally I believe he was innocent. I don't think it was a smart move on his part to host sleepovers with small children and sleep in the same bed, but I don't think his intentions were sexual in the least. I think he was very deeply disturbed by his own lack of childhood and this was his way to try to live vicariously. Of course, that doesn't make it SMART at all, but then, the parents are just as much to blame for letting it happen. Eh, water under the bridge now. I'm sure some day the whole truth will come out. I also think a lot of his problems stem from being betrayed and taken advantage of, as well as his dermatologic illness, and it just all messed with his head.

I haven't cried, but it's very sad. Not just his death, but his whole life.

But I do cry when children die, whether I know them or not. Especially babies.

michael-jackson.jpg

Yeah it was a shame he had so much surgery on his face. You only have to look at how good Jermain looks for a what if.
I guess his tragic childhood contributed to why he wanted to change.

Just put in my 25th Anni Thriller. :)
:rock!!! :rock!!!

Personally I believe he was innocent. I don't think it was a smart move on his part to host sleepovers with small children and sleep in the same bed, but I don't think his intentions were sexual in the least. I think he was very deeply disturbed by his own lack of childhood and this was his way to try to live vicariously. Of course, that doesn't make it SMART at all, but then, the parents are just as much to blame for letting it happen. Eh, water under the bridge now. I'm sure some day the whole truth will come out. I also think a lot of his problems stem from being betrayed and taken advantage of, as well as his dermatologic illness, and it just all messed with his head.

I haven't cried, but it's very sad. Not just his death, but his whole life.

The truth is already out... but the media isn't interested...

I'm more upset than I thought... I shared his music with some of my closest people, and it was part of different stages of my life, so there's a lot of melancholy today...
:monkey2

I used to love him until all the changes happened. So his death is not affecting me in the least. But hope he rests in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back