Michael Jackson dead at 50

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just curious if any freaks cry when a much loved celebrity dies?

I can understand being upset by the loss, but have never fully understood when people cry for someone they have never actually known :dunno

Crying is deeply personal for me, and only done when someone extremely close to me dies. I have only cried for one person in my life, my father. Crying is usually pretty difficult for me when it comes to mourning. When a celeb I really like dies I usually feel bad for a little bit, but largely get over it in a day or so, or much sooner.

Just wondered how a deah of a celebrity affectas some of you.

I am very saddened by the loss of Michael Jackson since he was such a genius and put out some of the most amazing music I have ever heard but I won't cry about it, hell I did not even cry when my Dad died. I only cried when my grandfather from my Mom's side died.

I will not get over it as in not thinking about it anymore very soon though, I'll be thinking and talking about it for a while.

I am very saddened by the loss of Michael Jackson since he was such a genius and put out some of the most amazing music I have ever heard but I won't cry about it, hell I did not even cry when my Dad died. I only cried when my grandfather from my Mom's side died.

I will not get over it as in not thinking about it anymore very soon though, I'll be thinking and talking about it for a while.

Personally, I do not know any celebrities but I form an attachment to them through their movies, music, TV show, sport etc. I never watched The Tonight Show so Ed McMahon's passing was sad but more of a "oh wow Ed McMahon died". I was old enough to remember Farrah and was sadden by her passing but had a similar knee jerk reaction.

Michael is different (to me). The wife and I spent several hours talking about old memories, watching tribute shows (after the first round of the NBA draft). :rolleyes: Michael was an amazing musicial, video and dancing talent which I respected. Even moreso, on a personal level the height of his popularity happened during my high school / college years. Tho not a huge fan of his music, I am fimilar with the songs, videos etc. and shared wonderful memories with friends and loved ones listening to his music. That is the 'bond' I form with Michael that makes his passing more tragic (to me) than Ed or Farrah.

I am sure for the next day or two while travelling on vacation the wife and I may have conversations about the shock of his passing but ultimately it really doesn't hit home like losing a close, personal loved one.

What a sad day yesterday. My wife came home and was a bit of a mess(she was a huge fan) but what really got me was when I talked to my mom on the phone last night. See yesterday was her birthday and shes been in and out of the hospital so that and seeing two famous people she was a fan both pass on her birthday got to her alot. My thoughts and prayers go out to both MJ's and FF's families and those that were close to them and fans alike.

Rest in piece Michael, i will truly miss you. I can't believe my ALL TIME favorite muscian is now gone. A sad day indeed.

One odd thought came to me this morning when I walked out my hotel room to see 3/4 of the front page of USA today was a picture of MJ with the headline Michael King of Pop dead. I know in this age of the internet we hear about things so fast and we are use to it, but could you have imagined to woke up in the morning and seen this in the paper. I was thinking how huge of a shock it would have been, not that it wasnt but I think in todays age we are kinda numb to learning big stories as they come so fast, especially when the facts are fast coming and can be different at different sources.

I am just curious if any freaks cry when a much loved celebrity dies?

I can understand being upset by the loss, but have never fully understood when people cry for someone they have never actually known :dunno

Crying is deeply personal for me, and only done when someone extremely close to me dies. I have only cried for one person in my life, my father. Crying is usually pretty difficult for me when it comes to mourning. When a celeb I really like dies I usually feel bad for a little bit, but largely get over it in a day or so, or much sooner.

Just wondered how a deah of a celebrity affectas some of you.

I cry when its family or close friends not celebrities. If it was somebody I liked as an actor or athlete I'll feel sad but thats as far as it goes.

He did admit to sleeping in the bed with children, and was a huge weirdo for that and other reasons that should not be forgotten. However, none of us know how much of the blame for the child abuse accusations belong with him, and how much belongs to conniving scumbag parents of those kids, who may have intentionally put their children in that situation for a huge settlement. And circumstantial evidence is just that.

He did admit to sleeping in the bed with children, and was a huge weirdo for that and other reasons that should not be forgotten. However, none of us know how much of the blame for the child abuse accusations belong with him, and how much belongs to conniving scumbag parents of those kids, who may have intentionally put their children in that situation for a huge settlement. And circumstantial evidence is just that.

Exactly! This IMO proves his innocence .......... that and settling out of court for money? Gimme a freaking break, some of you just want to believe he's a weirdo regardless of the situation.

Michael is only guilty of being naive and allowing himself to be taken advantage of.

BTW, whether he was really a pedophile or not NONE of us knows. But one thing is for sure, he not only hung around kids a lot (alone) he also commissioned and owned a lot of creepy art involving kids: https://tinyurl.com/clss4e

BTW, whether he was really a pedophile or not NONE of us knows. But one thing is for sure, he not only hung around kids a lot (alone) he also commissioned and owned a lot of creepy art involving kids: https://tinyurl.com/clss4e
I dont know which are said to be creepy. It is actually one painting and the other are detailed pic of the painting. I see lots of kids being kids nothing looks creepy to me. I am actually more disturbed by people who commented and had to make everything sexual when I see them as completely innocent.

It was proven in the courts that he was not guilty. They had much more information than we, the public will ever know. Also most people with that much money would rather settle than go through tons of court appearances. So to say he is guilty really isn't fair. Do I think there is something to it? Maybe, or maybe he was what he said he was and just really liked kids. :dunno

I guess that settles it....silly me, and here I thought OJ was guilty too. It's amazing how much information turns into inadmissible evidence in the hands of a highly skilled team of lawyers.

As for the MJ "innocent victim card" some are playing....give it a rest. His lawyers pleaded with him for years not to engage in these "sleepovers". He knew exactly what he was doing and what the potential consequences could be.

I guess that settles it....silly me, and here I thought OJ was guilty too. It's amazing how much information turns into inadmissible evidence in the hands of a highly skilled team of lawyers.

As for the MJ "innocent victim card" some are playing....give it a rest. His lawyers pleaded with him for years not to engage in these "sleepovers". He knew exactly what he was doing and what the potential consequences could be.
Regardless if he was guilty of doing anything or not they would have done this. It was their job to protect him and his assets.

Oh so a lawyers "plead" is permissible as evidence then? Thank God you are not a part of the legal system. :D

Sure does. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back