Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um... I actually thoroughly enjoyed this. Don't knock it til you watch it.

By the way it wasn't directed by Michael Bay, it was produced by him... just like the original Transformers was produced by Steven Spielberg...

no... but calling this film Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles, is just as deceiving as calling Transformers a Steven Spielberg picture..

I thought I made that connection clear.

This movie was waaaaaaaaaaaay better than that monstrosity with that over-paid hack Mark Walberg, in that colossal flop of a movie known as Transformers.

Judging this prematurely is ignorant IMO. This isn't meant to be Shakespeare but I felt this movie was funny and entertaining and something the TV show and the previous iterations didn't do with this franchise. It was fun to watch and cool. Not clichéd at all.

If people are going to say this movie is better than Transformers 4 and use that as justification for liking the movie then they've just saved me from spending money on this film.

don't watch it if you don't want to.

it's not a justification at all. I liked it because like I said IT WAS FUN TO WATCH. Everyone assumes it's tainted because of the Transformers.

I hope they honestly make 4 Turtle movies [like this one] instead of another got-damn Transformers movie. This was entertaining on its own merits.

It's light, quick to the point, and leaves something for the imagination for the series going forward.

Have you seen the originals lately? They are HORRIBLE. Anyone that says those films are better than this is smoking something..

Yeah I'm going to pass on this movie but not because I have some crazy loyalty to the first films. I don't like the story and the designs. I see a lot more bad reviews than good reviews. There hasn't been anything that's convinced me that this isn't just an appeal-to-the-lowest-common-denominator-you-have-to-take-the-kids-so-give-me-your-money film and I'm not going to feed the machine.

Movie was alright. The action was good and I liked the designs minus the damn nostrils. Story wise it was a strange origin story in a way and I prefer the original from when I was a kid.

I think The Josh describing a movie as "alright" is about as negative a review can be. :lol

there is only ONE review that I care about.

The review of this lady

micheleivey_1297267958_59.jpg

don't watch it if you don't want to.

it's not a justification at all. I liked it because like I said IT WAS FUN TO WATCH. Everyone assumes it's tainted because of the Transformers.

I hope they honestly make 4 Turtle movies [like this one] instead of another got-damn Transformers movie. This was entertaining on its own merits.

It's light, quick to the point, and leaves something for the imagination for the series going forward.

Have you seen the originals lately? They are HORRIBLE. Anyone that says those films are better than this is smoking something..
The 1990 film is the only one worth watching. :lol

Try again. :wave

Lies...

Even as a kid I couldn't lie to myself on what a steamy pile of crap that movie was.

They should've killed off April with her non acting non attractive ass.

Lies...

Even as a kid I couldn't lie to myself on what a steamy pile of crap that movie was.

They should've killed off April with her non acting non attractive ass.

Dude, were you even alive back then? I almost hated how a new group on the CB scene got a perfect film when the best Marvel could do was a couple of straight to stone tablet F-movies. They weren't the only ones, Rocketeer made me feel that way too. The Jim Henson Creature Shop was the real diamond here for taking an absurd concept and bringing it into real space.

As for Judith Hoag, you could do alot worse in the 90's. No turtle thumbs on her either.

I was born in the early 80s,I grew up on Thundercats Transformers HeMan Ghostbusters and Turtles so yeah that movie sucked bad.

I can't wait for the HeMan reboot. The more 80s reboots the better.

I could never understand the appeal for He-man at all he look like a male stripper.

Julia Roberts as April would've been sweet.

The 80s live action HeMan movie wasn't that bad. I just bought it on Bluray. Seeing Courtney Cox as a youngin warms my heart

Back