Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The film should have ended with the turtles eating pizza...or about to eat pizza, when something happens or Donatello sees a crime on the computer, and they are like, "We got work to do, boys!! Save us a slice, Master Splinter." We see The turtles running through the sewers, running around doing flips through the city, and they yell, Cowabonga!! It's cliché, but it's formula and it works. :lol

I still want the film to do well and for it to be a big hit. Why? So that the studio/Hollywood doesn't disregard the TMNT brand and put it on a shelf. If the film is a hit, sure, we get a bad sequel, but at the very least the studio knows that there is an audience and that if they make a good film they can make a lot more money, which means that at some point, they'll reboot the franchise, and the turtles get another shot. If the film bombs, it could kill the film franchise and the chances of getting a great film one day.
Box Office Mojo estimates it will meet studio expectations, but not much more than that. GOTG is expected to be the number 1 movie again.

Just got back from seeing it, and I gotta say that I'm kinda disappointed. It wasn't a total loss, but all the newer pop culture stuff kinda ruined it. It wasn't so bad that I can't watch it any more, but there was some parts that were kinda embarrassing.
My main gripe is why we're they so damn ugly. I'm not sayingg they have to be all cute-like, but damn. Even Splinter looked pretty bad. I really think if they just gave them the turtle mouths were all use to seein, things would have been a little more appealing.

SPOILER BELOW

where do I find this almighty ninjutsu book that can make me that damn good?

tumblr_n94wdbnXFy1r4ybbgo1_250.gif

Hold up, you thought anything remotely to do with Bay wasn't going to be an empty CGI reheat? Ninja please.

Movie was alright. The action was good and I liked the designs minus the damn nostrils. Story wise it was a strange origin story in a way and I prefer the original from when I was a kid.

I just saw the film and it's a piece of ****. It's not as bad as a Transformer movie, and it wasn't boring, which is good. Is it better than TMNT 2 and 3? Yes. However, the only things I like about the film are the Turtles and their chemistry and some of the action scenes. The film is 1 hour and 40 minutes, and somehow, they accomplished very little in comparison to the 1990 film. The original film was ten minutes shorter, and not only was it more faithful to the source material, it managed to give us an origin story, a more interesting villain, Casey Jones, and somehow, more time with the Turtles.

This new movie focused too much on the humans and we didn't get enough non-action scenes with the Turtles, just to see them in their home, hanging out like in the original film. One of the best parts about GOTG, is all those non-action scenes where we get to hangout with the characters and we see them interacting with each other. TMNT didn't do a good job showing the city, the sewers, the turtle's home, the turtle's relationship with Splinter or even the Turtles eating pizza.:lol Even though the original film is shorter, by the end of the film you feel like you know all the characters pretty well, and there are no loose ends. Splinter's voice was not good either and even worse, was his appearance. He must be the ugliest rat I've ever seen...would it kill them to make him cute? Rats are not that ugly. As Raphael would say, DAMN!! This film is not the worst film ever, but it could've been much better....I think we all knew that already.

Back