Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol You have no idea what you're talking about. Yes I know they were gritty, they did not evolve by becoming a cartoon. Just as Batman 1967 did not evolve over the comic strips that came before. Like I said, real fans know there is story potential to make a Batman Begins quality reboot. Michael Bay chose Batman and Robin instead. This is not evolution. The polar opposite. This is making the Nick Cartoon look mature and refined by comparison.

Nick doesn't need Mikey making rape jokes.

you are the one insulting people over a child's cartoon and a movie :lol

Am I a poser because I think this will be awesome? why? this looks way better than Transformers and they stayed true to their personalities. that's all I need

Yeah, yet nothing indicates a lack of seriousness in this reboot.

Nolan took bits and pieces out of context and put them in his movies, that's not respect for the source material, he changed the lore in ways like Batman being trained by the league of assassins, changed the origin of many characters, changed the design of the characters BIG time etc etc, yet keeping a basic understanding of the characters (for the most part).... They seem to have done the exact same thing here, I don't see why it's suddenly a problem.

I'm not talking quality-wise though, cause I haven't seen this movie, I'm talking about the way the lore is being treated, it seems no different.

What material? The silly violent comics? The silly 80's cartoon? What exactly are you a fan of...then?

exactly :goodpost:

Am I a poser because I think this will be awesome? why? this looks way better than Transformers and they stayed true to their personalities. that's all I need

He criticizes people for not being "real fans", yet he's criticizing them for liking something that is more or less accurate to the 80's cartoon, which is the very thing that made the TMNT popular to begin with. :lol

What material? The silly violent comics? The silly 80's cartoon? What exactly are you a fan of...then?

Changing the origins of two of the main characters so drastically is not taking the material seriously imo. Making Darth Vader not Luke's father, making Batman's parents not die would alienate fans. Why should we be any differant just because TMNT isn't taken as seriously by a lot of people. Like I said, in the 60s Batman wasn't taken seriously and look at it now. He stole Superman's movie. I'm talking about a storyline that runs through the entire heart of this series. It's dismissing people who care about it and have carried the franchise all these years to get it here.

When they changed the Mandarin origin, tons of people freaked out. It's not the same here because TMNT isn't as big as Iron Man but that doesn't mean it's any less important to those of us who do like it.

You're a poser because your dismissing this as just a child's cartoon with no existing potential in it's stories. You don't by your own admissions read the current comics or watch the Nick show so you don't know what you're talking about. = big poser

He criticizes people for not being "real fans", yet he's criticizing them for liking something that is more or less accurate to the 80's cartoon, which is the very thing that made the TMNT popular to begin with. :lol

the 60s Batman made Batman popular. It doesn't mean it shouldn't evolve decades later.:slap

Stop dismissing this franchise as simply for children or we'll never get better than Michael Bay crap.

Last edited:
Changing the origins of two of the main characters so drastically is not taking the material seriously imo. Making Darth Vader not Luke's father, making Batman's parents not die would alienate fans. Why should we be any differant just because TMNT isn't taken as seriously by a lot of people. Like I said, in the 60s Batman wasn't taken seriously and look at it now. He stole Superman's movie. I'm talking about a storyline that runs through the entire heart of this series. It's dismissing people who care about it and have carried the franchise all these years to get it here.

When they changed the Mandarin origin, tons of people freaked out. It's not the same here because TMNT isn't as big as Iron Man but that doesn't mean it's any less important to those of us who do like it.

First of all, the 60's Batman was 100% accurate to the 60's comics. But's that's a different subject. What changes did they make in the new movie?

First of all, the 60's Batman was 100% accurate to the 60's comics. But's that's a different subject. What changes did they make in the new movie?

Because of the show's influence. Which is exactly what I don't want happening to current material(being influenced by Bay Turtles money).

I'm not sure which movie you mean. Batman or TMNT?

the 60s Batman made Batman popular. It doesn't mean it shouldn't evolve decades later.:slap

Stop dismissing this franchise as simply for children or we'll never get better than Michael Bay crap.

Batman evolved, but there's nothing wrong with liking the 60's batman. Just like there's nothing wrong with liking the 80's TMNT cartoon. Liking the 60's batman doesn't make someone less of a fan...just because the show was silly. Here you are calling people "posers" for not being "REAL FANS"...because they like the 80's cartoon? So what the **** are you a fan of then?

Ok... So, Just to throw it out there. I'm excited to be getting a turtles movie. And I will most likely love it.

Because of the show's influence. Which is exactly what I don't want happening to current material(being influenced by Bay Turtles money).

I'm not sure which movie you mean. Batman or TMNT?

No, the comics were silly already. The show did not make the 60's batman comics silly. Batman was more serious in the 40's but by the 50's and 60's it was a joke. The show was influenced by the comics. TMNT...what changes are you talking about? They change two characters?

Batman evolved, but there's nothing wrong with liking the 60's batman? Just like there's nothing wrong with liking the 80's TMNT cartoon. Liking the 60's batman doesn't make someone less of a fan...just because the show was silly. Here you are calling people "posers" for not being "REAL FANS"...because they like the 80's cartoon? So what the ****** are you a fan of then?

You need to re-read what I wrote. There is nothing wrong with liking 60s Batman or 80s TMNT. That was my exact point as you say, they evolved. The point I made that somehow went over your head is the same way people don't want to see 60's Batman on screen now because it'd be a goofy and stupid step backwards, we TMNT fans feel the same way. The 80s Turtles put on a movie screen in 2014 is a step back in story telling in every way.

I don't want a Riddler who wants to steal a rare book and makes a silent movie as a diversion after we've experienced The Dark Knight trilogy.

I think Deckard is trying to have fun with us. this is too funny to be real lol

You need to re-read what I wrote. There is nothing wrong with liking 60s Batman or 80s TMNT. That was my exact point as you say, they evolved. The point I made that somehow went over your head is the same way people don't want to see 60's Batman on screen now because it'd be a goofy and stupid step backwards, we TMNT fans feel the same way. The 80s Turtles put on a movie screen in 2014 is a step back in story telling in every way.

I don't want a Riddler who wants to steal a rare book and makes a silent movie as a diversion after we've experienced The Dark Knight trilogy.

so you hated that spiderman's web came out of his arms?

you hated that Batman's parents' killer was the Joker?

you keep mentioning Darth Vader but George didn't have anything planned. Darth Vader was supposed to be some random guy at first. that whole "dark Father" stuff was not true until he worked on the sequels back then. they were not meant to be brother and sister and that's why they kissed.

Well, in that case...I agree....if they do that. I guess we're cool then, about time :lol

so you hated that spiderman's web came out of his arms?

you hated that Batman's parents' killer was the Joker?

you keep mentioning Darth Vader but George didn't have anything planned. Darth Vader was supposed to be some random guy at first. that whole "dark Father" stuff was not true until he worked on the sequels back then. they were not meant to be brother and sister and that's why they kissed.

Yes.

Oh god, Yes.

But now that he is, there is no going back. "You changed things. Forever."

And they kissed in ESB too. George just likes incest. :lol

Well, in that case...I agree....if they do that. I guess we're cool then, about time :lol

That's all I've been saying this entire time. :lol The TMNT have evolved since the last time most people watched them and they have more potential than Michael Bay. :duff

this movie is not Batman And Robin. They might have changed stuff but we need to see the movie to see how bad the changes are.

I know the changes might suck but the movie might still be really good. I know the origin is important but if the action and the turtles are good enough I will let the changes slide.

My only worry was the shaky crappy camera work that Transformers has, Bad CGI, and dark humorless turtles. The trailer shows that none of that is really true. (there might be some shaky cam but doesn't seem as bad as TF)

Man, whatever, this movie looks great, could end up sucking or could end up being great, but I don't buy the "bastardizing the lore" lecture anymore, "bastardizing" the lore is the reason there are so many versions of the characters we love, some suck, some are great but without "bastardizing" the lore we're never gonna know anything new.

Notice the quotation marks that indicate how willy-nilly the word "bastardized" is used.

Paraphrasing Jodorowsky: you have to "rape" the lore but with love :lol and the people making this movie seem to be putting love in it.

this movie is not Batman And Robin. They might have changed stuff but we need to see the movie to see how bad the changes are. )

:lol I wouldn't be so quick on that. Who is more the modern day Schumacher than Michael Bay? Is Megan Fox more talented than Arnold? It may not be full on B&R but it could very well end up the B&R of the TMNT movies. Mikey making at least 4 rape jokes I've counted so far in the trailers alone and the turtles being black doesn't help. :lol

Well Schumacher at least had an artistic vision, and tried to achieve it, Bay doesn't give a **** and straight said the medium was about making dumb movies for profit.

But Bay isn't directing this.

Also, "rape" jokes? Where? :dunno

I still don't know about the changes? They changed two of the main characters?

Spoiler box option won't come up for me but :

SPOILER :

Shredder is not Saki, Splinter is not Yoshi. He is just a rat. There are no Ultroms or Krang making the ooze. Shredder does it through a front company and creates both Splinter and the Turtles themselves. April names them. Splinter is not a ninja master. He has no obligation to them. Shredder's suit is also a mech ala The Wolverine's SS.

Back