Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_ver17_xlg.jpg

No assumptions. Just your own words.

No, there's a difference between TMNT and The Godfather. Different levels of expectations. I hope the story is good, but no matter how great a TMNT story might be, it will never compare to something like The Godfather or 12 Years a Slave. The TMNT comic began as a joke...as a parody. My point is, you are taking this wayyyy to seriously. I don't.

No, there's a difference between TMNT and The Godfather. Different levels of expectations. I hope the story is good, but no matter how great a TMNT story might be, it ill never compare to something like The Godfather or 12 Years a Slave. The TMNT comic began as a joke...as a parody. My point is, you are taking this wayyyy to seriously. I don't.

No, there really isn't though. It can be just as good, just as powerful/relevant(I'm not a slave or in the mafia), just as long lasting and iconic. Star Wars is a billion times more far fetched and is more well known, more lucrative, etc than both of those movies. There isn't a Godfather theme park at Disney. As for you not taking it serious, well, if you can't come to terms with the idea that you're on a forum dedicated to hundred dollar dolls and that's pretty serious, theres no where for this to go. You know who really doesn't take this stuff seriously. Everyone who isn't a member on an internet toy forum.

I have to disagree in that fantasy or comicbook fiction can't be deemed in storytelling and characterization as elevated as the likes of the Godfather, and well, there are some great examples of that.

OT though, there is nothing wrong with the turtles' personalities judging by the teasers, I remember when some people used to say that they had given the turtles outrageous designs to spell their personalities because they couldn't do it with the writing, despite the fact that they had no information whatsoever to base those claims on...

Now, fan or not, those were kinda dumb claims. :lol

Exactly, there is NO "The Godfather" or "12 Years a Slave" theme park at Disney land. Thank you for making point..even if you don't get it.

I get it. It's just ******** you're spewing.

You claim no one could ever possibly experience the same level of emotion or connection to Star Wars as they could The Godfather or 12 Years because what? The Godfather takes place on Earth? And Star Wars must be only for kids since it's got a theme park and action figures. Just because something is based in reality doesn't make it amazing. Shindler's List isn't my favorite movie.

TMNT and the Godfather are both, at their core, stories about family. That's why we relate. Not because I'm in the mafia or a mutant that knows ninjitsu. The "fun" comic booky aspect doesn't make it any less legitimate and if you're honestly trying to make that arguement you came to the wrong neighborhood.

As for you not taking it serious, well, if you can't come to terms with the idea that you're on a forum dedicated to hundred dollar dolls and that's pretty serious, theres no where for this to go. You know who really doesn't take this stuff seriously. Everyone who isn't a member on an internet toy forum.

Buying figures or as you call them, "dolls" is serious? :lol It's called a hobby.. something I do to get away from the real serious stuff...you know, life? :lol

Buying figures or as you call them, "dolls" is serious? :lol It's called a hobby.. something I do to get away from the real serious stuff...you know, life? :lol

Yea it is. $200+ on a doll of a fictional character isn't something a casual fan or most people do. People don't take hobbies serious? Better tell the geniuses who've come up with most of the innovations we use today. Even some of the artists here do this to make their living.

Most of these comics started out as a hobby and now they bring people all over the world happiness and can even teach them a thing or two. I'd argue more people have been impacted by Superheroes instilling morales in them growing up than seeing the Godfather.

Your entire attitude is the problem. If you, claiming to be a fan, don't take this seriously, why would Michael Bay? Why would anyone in hollywood? And that's the same reason we don't have a single good video game movie.

Last edited:
I get it. It's just ******** you're spewing.

You claim no one could ever possibly experience the same level of emotion or connection to Star Wars as they could The Godfather or 12 Years because what? The Godfather takes place on Earth? And Star Wars must be only for kids since it's got a theme park and action figures.

I never claimed such things. I said that I have different levels of expectations. And yes, the target audience for SW were kids, that's the reason Lucas put the Ewoks in the last film, to sell MORE toys, not some artistic...creative decision. Don't believe me? Maybe you'll believe the writer,Lawrence Kasdan. The SW kids grew up and and now put that trilogy in a pedestal...and ignore the bad acting, the plot holes, and and every other imperfection because of nostalgia.

The first Star Wars was not a movie made to sell toys and is considered just as if not better than The Godfather by most. And it hadn't even set up the Vader twist yet. You want to compare ROTJ, compare it to the Godfather 3 and see how that vote comes out. :lol

Yea it is. $200+ on a doll of a fictional character isn't something a casual fan or most people do. People don't take hobbies serious? Better tell the geniuses who've come up with most of the innovations we use today. Even some of the artists here do this to make their living.

Most of these comics started out as a hobby and now they bring people all over the world happiness and can even teach them a thing or two. I'd argue more people have been impacted by Superheroes instilling morales in them growing up than seeing the Godfather.

Your entire attitude is the problem. If you, claiming to be a fan, don't take this seriously, why would Michael Bay? Why would anyone in hollywood? And that's the same reason we don't have a single good video game movie.

Like I said, I'm a fan, but I don't take it as seriously as you. There's a difference between religious people....and fanatics who kill people. I'm not the one making the movie or making a living of it, so I don't have to take it seriously. Also stop saying Michael Bay, he's not even directing the film.

Well, much like today, SW was a hit back then primarily because of the visual effects.

If you really dig into SW, you'll find out it's really a compilation of other people's ideas, like the unmade Dune movie.

Michael Bay is the reason the movie is being made. He made this happen because he saw how the toys were selling. The director has zero good movies under his belt. Nothing but flops. His style is all over it.

You spend $200+ on figures that hold no emotional connection to you? That's not a hobby, that's throwing money away. My hobby was flying helicopters, now it's my job. Hobbies don't have to be meaningless ways to waste time and get you closer to death. I get that you don't take it serious, which is exactly my point. Some of us, take it as serious as any of our other hobbies. I'm not shooting myself in the head over here, I'm just tired of hearing how it never had potential to begin with.

The first Star Wars was not a movie made to sell toys and is considered just as if not better than The Godfather by most. And it hadn't even set up the Vader twist yet. You want to compare ROTJ, compare it to the Godfather 3 and see how that vote comes out. :lol

Film is subjective. I don't care if people prefer those films, good for them. How many best picture Oscars did SW win again? Oh..and Part 3 was still nominated for best picture. ROTJ...not so much, but hey! The Ewoks were cute :lol

Shakespeare in Love beat Saving Private Ryan. Chicago beat Gangs of New York. Do you still want to use your "it has an Oscar" arguement? :lol Politics don't make a good movie.

Michael Bay is the reason the movie is being made. He made this happen because he saw how the toys were selling. The director has zero good movies under his belt. Nothing but flops. His style is all over it.

You spend $200+ on figures that hold no emotional connection to you? That's not a hobby, that's throwing money away. My hobby was flying helicopters, now it's my job. Hobbies don't have to be meaningless ways to waste time and get you closer to death. I get that you don't take it serious, which is exactly my point. Some of us, take it as serious as any of our other hobbies. I'm not shooting myself in the head over here, I'm just tired of hearing how it never had potential to begin with.

Oh I agree about Michael Bay. I don't like any of his films...NONE. However, I'm not going to judge this film or trash it, without even seen it yet. After I see the film, then I'll say something positive...or negative, if I don't like the film. At point, I don't like the look of the turtles, so I already know that If I like this film, it will be because of the story and the depiction of the characters, not their look.

Lol I was thinking about joining the technodrome forums but I'll just lurk there those people are rude as hell.

Yup. Lots of name calling and then retaliatory name calling about the name calling. Always 'hardcores vs. casuals'...those dirty casuals. How dare they not have a problem with the movie. 'REAL' fans will boycott... Oh, that's kind of whats going on in here right now. lol

Back