Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They made the origin crazy dark but everything else is still light. They also worked in a plot where Karai turns out to be Yoshi's baby daughter who survived and Shredder raised as his own to fight against Splinter. It is without a doubt, the most powerful TMNT related stuff out there. Her learning of the betrayal is pure gold. This franchise, if it becomes that, will never have an iota of that heart and soul.

:exactly::goodpost:

The wait for the final 4 episodes is KILLING me.

You can also do a lot more over the course of a few seasons on TV than you can in a movie or two. The movie is a separate thing as well. It's not a movie version of the show (although I'd have loved that). Seems like they went broad and somewhat vague with the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if they retconned some of the movie origins in the sequel with some sort of 'I didn't tell you the whole story' type stuff.

This version of shredder still looks so ridiculous.

...but apparently acts nothing but the opposite. I've nothing but great things about how ruthless and badass he's portrayed. :dunno

That's because you aren't a fan and don't know what you're talking about.

Shredder murdering Splinter's wife and baby is why they have such a personal rivalry. It is like completely removing the family aspect of Star Wars and making Darth Vader a straight up robot who hunts Jedi. Welp, that's trash. It also explains his want to adopt and raise the turtles in the absence of his dead family. Now he does it "just cuz bruh."

You also clearly don't watch the Nick Turtles. They made the origin crazy dark but everything else is still light. They also worked in a plot where Karai turns out to be Yoshi's baby daughter who survived and Shredder raised as his own to fight against Splinter. It is without a doubt, the most powerful TMNT related stuff out there. Her learning of the betrayal is pure gold. This franchise, if it becomes that, will never have an iota of that heart and soul.

It's a good post when it starts with such a bold statement.

As much as love the 1990 film, Splinter's origin was ridiculous :lol He was a normal rat training martial arts in his cage because his owner was a martial artist :lol:rotfl Then he gets his tiny ear cut of by Shredder in a fight :rotfl

It's a good post when it starts with such a bold statement.

Well, I don't mean to be rude to people looking forward to this, but I'm an actual fan that knows how much potential the modern stories have and I'm frustrated with the current state of things.

I'm sick of the posers saying things like "I love TMNT" when in reality they haven't so much as thought about them in 20 years since the 90s show.

You don't love TMNT. You love the nostalgic childhood feeling thinking about it gives you like most of the general movie going public this is aimed at.

:goodpost:

Loud noises and Bay explosions have that effect on the average movie fan. It's the reason why this movie will probably make a lot of money at the box office yet what we'll be left with is an average film that won't have a lasting legacy.

I think your expectations are too high for movie about talking, teenage, mutant, ninja, turtles :lol :rotfl

Lol I didn't mean to start anything :lol I can see what fans may dislike of these new turtles.

I just said I don't know how fans, out of everything shown so far that there's to dislike, could dislike the personalities of the turtles showcased in the teasers so far.

That, no.

But it makes you a poser when you start to talk about what potential the stories have and don't have a clue. Like you're doing now.

A poser? :lol It's called having an opinion about a film. What, people can't talk about what they want to see in a film? It's a film, so it doesn't matter what they did in the comics or in the old tv show. Those comics and shows will always be there, so I can accept something new and different because I understand that a FILM adaptation doesn't have to be exactly the same. You should be more open minded and less judgmental. Get of your off your high-horse, because you just sound like a fanboy. Oh..and I say that as a TMNT FAN.

Oh..and I say that as a TMNT FAN.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

I'm open minded. I'm okay with gay marriage, Atheism and I'll try any food. I draw the line at something I've waited 20 years for being bastardized by Megan Fox and Michael Bay.

Change is inevitable. Someday I will have to get a colonoscopy. That doesn't mean I have to like the way things being shoved up my ass feels.

Yes, you do. You're arguing about them right now. :lol If you didn't you wouldn't even be here. GG.

I'm not arguing or calling you names or even insulting you. This is a forum...I'm just responding to your post. You're the one all bent out of shape and hurt that Michael Bay is ruining your childhood memories, thus you feel the need to be judgmental and insult people because they don't agree with you. :lol

I'm not arguing or calling you names or even insulting you. This is a forum...I'm just responding to your post. You're the one all bent out of shape and hurt that Michael Bay is ruining your childhood memories, thus you feel the need to be judgmental and insult people because they don't agree with you. :lol

Nope, already said if you want to like this or see this, fine. "its a big **** sandwhich and we all gotta take a bite" I can't do anything about it being the way it is.

What I'm tired of are the posers who come in here and say dumb **** like they love TMNT and "don't get what's wrong". Or things like the stories have no potential to be good when it's clear they don't have any idea what they're talking about. (you)

If you won't admit you've felt emotion from watching or reading great fiction, you're the one that has some growing up to do.

The Karai reveal on Nick's TMNT was the most shocked I've been since the Vader is Luke's father reveal decades ago. I love that movies can make me feel, love, and learn. This movie did not have to be dumbed down, soulless, and to sell toys.

Nope, already said if you want to like this or see this, fine. "its a big **** sandwhich and we all gotta take a bite" I can't do anything about it being the way it is.

What I'm tired of are the posers who come in here and say dumb **** like they love TMNT and "don't get what's wrong". Or things like the stories have no potential to be good when it's clear they don't have any idea what they're talking about. (you)

If you won't admit you've felt emotion from watching or reading great fiction, you're the one that has some growing up to do.

The Karai reveal on Nick's TMNT was the most shocked I've been since the Vader is Luke's father reveal decades ago. I love that movies can make me feel, love, and learn. This movie did not have to be dumbed down, soulless, and to sell toys.

You are so judgmental that you also make assumptions about people...in this case me. I watch the current show and I know there's is potential, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not something I take too seriously. Also, you are assuming the film lacks all these "emotional" elements, yet you haven't even seen the film? Also, I have some bad news for you, this film as well as the tv show, is about selling toys. It always is. Why do you think the tv show doesn't have that many female characters? Because female toys do not sell well, so as great as the tv show might be...it's still a 22 minute toy commercial, and I'm ok with that...because I know the writers still try to make it work.

I think your expectations are too high for movie about talking, teenage, mutant, ninja, turtles :lol :rotfl

No assumptions. Just your own words. There is no reason this movie can't be even more successful than Batman or other hero films because at the core it is a story about the importance of family. You are the one being dismissive of all things fiction. I'm saying that doesn't help your not a poser case since you're signed up on a board dedicated to expensive toys of fictional characters.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

I'm open minded. I'm okay with gay marriage, Atheism and I'll try any food. I draw the line at something I've waited 20 years for being bastardized by Megan Fox and Michael Bay.

Change is inevitable. Someday I will have to get a colonoscopy. That doesn't mean I have to like the way things being shoved up my ass feels.

the most ridiculous post I've read today :rotfl:rotfl

Back