Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nostalgia is the key word here though. The 1990's suits were like real life versions of what we saw in the cartoon. As a kid back then it was like seeing your favourite cartoon characters come to life in the real world. You'll never take that feeling away from the older generation of fans. I'm sure the kids of today will feel the same in another twenty years when it's rebooted again.

I was in high school when the 1990 film came out and was a bit bummed that the movie followed in the footsteps of the cheesy cartoon instead of the gritty, bloody black and white battles of the comics. I was still won over for the most part by its charm but for me the turtles dramatically changed in tone for the worse starting with the 1988 cartoon and then the 1990 film. This new movie where the one turtle throws the foot soldier through the window of the speeding subway looks like a step in the right direction.

Nostalgia is the key word here though. The 1990's suits were like real life versions of what we saw in the cartoon. As a kid back then it was like seeing your favourite cartoon characters come to life in the real world. You'll never take that feeling away from the older generation of fans. I'm sure the kids of today will feel the same in another twenty years when it's rebooted again.

Speaking for kids of today - My son LOVES the new designs. He does say they are 'grown up' now and tells me not to call them TEENAGE Mutant Ninja Turtles though. He's been playing non-stop with the new toys.

Whereas the 2014 has a bunch of the 1990 stuff PLUS epic action, better cinematography, awesome visuals...
You've lost me there :lol

Epic action is not something TMNT need for their big debut.
Bay uses the same cinematography and visuals since 90s, they are way overblown and extremely tiresome.

"Epic action" might be old hat for Michael Bay productions but its still a new thing to see in a ninja turtles movie and it certainly doesn't look like it will hurt it.

It's funny reading the vocal TMNT Haters online in articles and Messageboards dedicated to the new movie. It's like they can't help but be attracted to something they obviously Hate. It's on their minds and their mouths. They'll probably end up seeing it too. Especially if reviews are ok to Good. LOL

jpfY7BA.gif

No they aren't. Maybe Awesome at a theme park or as cosplay in a Comic Convention. LOL

RapeFaceLeo.jpg

RVCUmPr.gif

tumblr_n6mjotdIta1rjm9qwo1_500.gif

It's funny reading the vocal TMNT Haters online in articles and Messageboards dedicated to the new movie. It's like they can't help but be attracted to something they obviously Hate. It's on their minds and their mouths. They'll probably end up seeing it too. Especially if reviews are ok to Good. LOL

jpfY7BA.gif

EPd9jR0.gif

No they aren't. Maybe Awesome at a theme park or as cosplay in a Comic Convention. LOL

RapeFaceLeo.jpg

RVCUmPr.gif

tumblr_n6mjotdIta1rjm9qwo1_500.gif

Yes they are.

You're not making a good case, even in stupid situations those suits are still looking good.

You're putting up gifs like if they were embarrassing, when they only showcase how good those suits are in ANY situation. :dunno

Not making much sense there.

For the record I have no idea if this new movie will actually be good or not. Right now I'm thinking 60/40 in favor of it being a fun popcorn flick over pure Transformers 2 suckage. We'll see.

So if you think the idea of ninja turtles is just lame or whatever and don't want to see this movie I can understand that. What I *don't* understand are those blasting this movie because it has ILM Avatar/LOTR quality visuals instead of 1990's era cosplay suits. Or because they have corny dialogue in this. Or because the walking ninja trained *turtles* are wearing unnecessary gear. Wut? *That's* why this movie looks awful? Okaaaaay.

For the record I have no idea if this new movie will actually be good or not. Right now I'm thinking 60/40 in favor of it being a fun popcorn flick over pure Transformers 2 suckage. We'll see.

So if you think the idea of ninja turtles is just lame or whatever and don't want to see this movie I can understand that. What I *don't* understand are those blasting this movie because it has ILM Avatar/LOTR quality visuals instead of 1990's era cosplay suits. Or because they have corny dialogue in this. Or because the walking ninja trained *turtles* are wearing unnecessary gear. Wut? *That's* why this movie looks awful? Okaaaaay.

:exactly: :goodpost: :clap

No they aren't. The only situations those suits are good for are CONVENTIONS, CHUCK E. CHEESE, and AMUSEMENT PARKS.

Back