Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet Pete Ploszek feels like he wasted his time playing Leo. Did they intend to cast other voices for the Turtles or have the actors that mo-capped also voice them as such? I'm sure with the movie running towards the end of post-production (and now with re-shoots), it's probably not framing out well enough as they hoped. Michael Bay apparently will be leading the re-shoots which could serve to get him a "co-director" title. I know "Bay hate" is the cool thing to do, but I have more confidence in him than I do this Liebesman guy, especially if Liebesman was told to make the movie as "Bay-like" as possible. I actually thought the first "Transformers" movie was pretty good despite some stupidities and I actually thought it was one of the best Bay action movies I'd seen.

I agree that Knoxville isn't that bad when he's not being stupid. Perhaps during reviews of the tape, they felt that Ploszek's voice wasn't conveying Leonardo's personality well enough. I guess Knoxville can bring enough of that "teenage dude" vibe but also a little bit of a commanding presence. When he's being serious, he actually has quite a normal voice. We'll see...

Perhaps they ALWAYS intended to hire voice actors for the Turtles. They just wanted "bit part" actors for the mo-cap. Most of the guys cast have a lot of TV cameos and such but never big roles.

I figure they always intended to have a voice actor for Splinter, so that's no surprise. Shaloub is a great actor and hopefully his voice work transfer well for the character.

I'm still waiting to hear that Ken Watanabe has been hired for an "unknown role"........

I bet Pete Ploszek feels like he wasted his time playing Leo. Did they intend to cast other voices for the Turtles or have the actors that mo-capped also voice them as such? I'm sure with the movie running towards the end of post-production (and now with re-shoots), it's probably not framing out well enough as they hoped. Michael Bay apparently will be leading the re-shoots which could serve to get him a "co-director" title. I know "Bay hate" is the cool thing to do, but I have more confidence in him than I do this Liebesman guy, especially if Liebesman was told to make the movie as "Bay-like" as possible. I actually thought the first "Transformers" movie was pretty good despite some stupidities and I actually thought it was one of the best Bay action movies I'd seen.
I've been saying this for months now, Liebesman is a complete hack I agree, Bay is not as bad as him

I agree that Knoxville isn't that bad when he's not being stupid. Perhaps during reviews of the tape, they felt that Ploszek's voice wasn't conveying Leonardo's personality well enough. I guess Knoxville can bring enough of that "teenage dude" vibe but also a little bit of a commanding presence. When he's being serious, he actually has quite a normal voice. We'll see...

Perhaps they ALWAYS intended to hire voice actors for the Turtles. They just wanted "bit part" actors for the mo-cap. Most of the guys cast have a lot of TV cameos and such but never big roles.

I figure they always intended to have a voice actor for Splinter, so that's no surprise. Shaloub is a great actor and hopefully his voice work transfer well for the character.

I'm still waiting to hear that Ken Watanabe has been hired for an "unknown role"........

There's no telling how long this has been in the works either. For all we know they may already be done re-recorded all the dialogue. Who knows how long the voice casting has been taking place. Just because this was reported on today, that doesn't mean that the deals or whatever we JUST finalized.

I do like Mikey's voice based off the trailer though (and I do like Noel Fischer as well, he's been killing it on Shameless as the complete opposite of Mikey).

It's very possible they were more concerned with the body types of the no-name actors with a 'maybe it'll all come together' type of attitude. In the end Pete just wasn't cutting it voice or acting wise as you stated.

I like him. He's a terrible choice for Leo. It's immediately associating the most capable bad-*** Turtle with one of the dumbest, lowest common denominator "actor" comedians.

Monk replacing Woodburn as Splinter is great news tho.

I like him. He's a terrible choice for Leo. It's immediately associating the most capable bad-*** Turtle with one of the dumbest, lowest common denominator "actor" comedians.

Monk replacing Woodburn as Splinter is great news tho.

I don't think Woodburn was ever intended to voice Splinter. Just play as his mocap body.

I partially agree with your sentiments on Leo but Knoxville might not due half-bad. It's not like he's writing the dialogue and we do have the "American Pie guy" as Leonardo and "The guy from Encino Man/Samwise Gamgee" as Raph in the Nick cartoon and they're doing solid work.

I do have difficulty thinking "Leonardo" when I hear Knoxville, but I won't rule him out. There ARE worst choices.

I'll just say that I'll be going into this movie with a Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance level of expectation. Now admittedly I hadn't lowered it enough as that movie fell weeeeeeeeelllllll below those (I have never walked out of a movie no matter how bad but that film literally had me rocking in my chair from getting ready to get up to forcing myself into comfortable sitting position). I've never actually had any high hopes for this film as once bay was announced as a producer any actual hopes were dashed so I won't shed a tear if this ends up being worse than TMNT 3.

The only thing I'm happy about is that the turtles are so popular that if this movie bombs (which it likely won't) that it's not like we'll never see another reboot down the road.

I'll just say that I'll be going into this movie with a Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance level of expectation. Now admittedly I hadn't lowered it enough as that movie fell weeeeeeeeelllllll below those (I have never walked out of a movie no matter how bad but that film literally had me rocking in my chair from getting ready to get up to forcing myself into comfortable sitting position). I've never actually had any high hopes for this film as once bay was announced as a producer any actual hopes were dashed so I won't shed a tear if this ends up being worse than TMNT 3.

The only thing I'm happy about is that the turtles are so popular that if this movie bombs (which it likely won't) that it's not like we'll never see another reboot down the road.

Ugh...I too was disappointed with Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance...

Mostly because they got Ghost Rider so much better than they did in the first one. Aside from the crazy Ring/Grudge-like movements in some scenes. The bike riding was intense and the Rider was unforgiving and ruthlessly bad azz. The Ghost Rider concept was much more like I expected him to be but the rest of the movie was crap.

Time for a reboot there eventually.

Yeah. There were some genuinely cool moments from the movie involving the rider but the rest of the film was utter garbage. The writing was bad and the directing was horrendous. I mean I didn't mind the crank movies but that doesn't mean I wanna see that **** in a ghost rider movie. Also what possessed them to have nick cage act like a junkie who needs his fix. So dumb.

I just hope TMNT doesn't sink to the same level.

Does anyone remember this The 3 Ninjas kids movie?
I remember when I was little loving that movie, but now it kind of feels like they were sort of ripping off on the teenage turtles in a way. they were young ninjas with an older master that beat up a lot of bad guys with sticks and nunchucks that wore they own colors

Does anyone remember this The 3 Ninjas kids movie?
I remember when I was little loving that movie, but now it kind of feels like they were sort of ripping off on the teenage turtles in a way. they were young ninjas with an older master that beat up a lot of bad guys with sticks and nunchucks that wore they own colors

I loved thag movie as a kid. I used to make my dad rent that movie all the time. Looking back now......so terrible.

Yeah. There were some genuinely cool moments from the movie involving the rider but the rest of the film was utter garbage. The writing was bad and the directing was horrendous. I mean I didn't mind the crank movies but that doesn't mean I wanna see that **** in a ghost rider movie. Also what possessed them to have nick cage act like a junkie who needs his fix. So dumb.

I just hope TMNT doesn't sink to the same level.

Hmmmm I could see them being pizza junkies. Without their pizza fix their ninja skills deteriorate and they resort to throwing each other at hummers. As soon as they get a slice they go all Popeye and kick everythings ***! :lol

After flipping through some pages I think the feeling is that the movie will suck. In spite of this, I would still love HT to produce characters from the movie just because having high quality 1/6 Ninja Turtles would be fantastic! These pictures have probably been posted so sorry for the repost. I would LOVE something like this!

u7y7uty4.jpg
e4y9e3yh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd also love high end TMNT figures, from the 1990 film - like most here I imagine.

Bayonardo & Co - no thanks.

This Bayorama will likely be hitting the local bargain bin before you know it, so saying that any solid merch from HT etc would be a real gamble.. is an understatement. :lol

Back