Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a blast from the past for news. None of it good I'm afraid. Mezco replied to a tweet from none other than the Shat himself about how the line was doing, and they told him their Trek 'agreement' (odd choice of words) has ended. They did add a coda that they were 'hoping to work on more soon' but that seemed like an empty platitude because they were talking to the big man himself.

Well ****.

Here's a blast from the past for news. None of it good I'm afraid. Mezco replied to a tweet from none other than the Shat himself about how the line was doing, and they told him their Trek 'agreement' (odd choice of words) has ended. They did add a coda that they were 'hoping to work on more soon' but that seemed like an empty platitude because they were talking to the big man himself.

Mind sharong a link? I looked on FB and Twitter and couldn't find the post... :dunno

Found it:

7A908A72-19A8-448A-AB0B-327A9CB3A446.jpeg

F|_|ck!!!! Definitely rode the wrong horse on this one :mad:
Should have picked up QMX.

Mezco sucks...in this regard.

The Cage version of Spock was the only figure that tempted me to join this line. But I was waiting on an announcement of Captain Pike to finally take the leap.

Oh well....

I bought the Mirror Spock variant when it was on sale for like $10 from ThinkGeek just to see this line in person, and I thought it was very, very nice. Not enough to get me to run out and buy everything immediately (and I'm glad I didn't now), but nice.

It doesn't surprise me though. As iconic as these characters are, and how much we love them, they're just not going to sell as well as others. Since Playmates gave up on Trek in the early 2000s - due to low sales levels - no one has really had success beyond the top characters. Look at AA/DST. Palisades never even got off the ground. Playmates' second run with the 2009 movie bombed (though I still think part of that is that they diluted their own market with, what, like 3 different lines all at once?). QMX hasn't announced any figures in quite a while, despite the myriad shown.

It just seems like Trek in general doesn't have any legs, despite my love of it, unfortunately.

It just seems like Trek in general doesn't have any legs, despite my love of it, unfortunately.

Being a life long Ape fan, it's a story I know all too well.

Hopefully the QMX Star Trek line will have longer legs.

Nothing stopping them from getting it again when they've built up a roster for release.

Funny, Sticks... we posted at the same time!

Being a life long Ape fan, it's a story I know all too well.

Hopefully the QMX Star Trek line will have longer legs.

Nice one... Now don't get cocky, Kid!

Hi Protozaius, and Jungle Jom, before this thread slips into oblivion I was hoping to post some old trek/ape pics I found on my old photobucket account but can't seem to retrieve them now. It's nice knowing you guys are still around, I hope all is well.

In the absence of any Ape figures, I still manage to find something to spend my money on. :monkey3

And it's great to see some of the old names from that grand old thread pop up every now and then in the forum.

Hope all is well with you too.

Back