Fanhome Diecast Star Trek ships

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we think it will be a monthly DIY, or a pivot into full shops?
I'm hoping not monthly. Having to wait 2 years to complete one shi is just to long. Especially when a lot of fans will probably want more then one ship.

That said. If they did a 1701 Refit on a monthly I'd still get it, but I probably wouldn't venture into the other ships

I don’t think I’d partake in the DIY builds if that’s what they end up doing. I was initially interested in the Enterprise D build but after seeing some of the videos on YouTube I decided against it. Between the long build time and the level of imperfections (e.g. light bleed, panel gaps) at that price point it doesn’t seem worth it.

QMX had an interesting “Artisan” line of ships at one point that looked impressive but they were up there in price as well.

Despite the plug holes and hideous stand, what TOMY produced for $600USD is pretty impressive, I’d be interested in a similar completed, lighted model like that.

I wonder if they will be smaller scale ships master replicas and eagle moss were doing. Fanhome/deagonisti did a series of smaller scale ships for star wars a few years ago.

Seems like Fanhome is just going the Eaglemoss route of die cast ships. Hear what was recently posted and a list of the first ships.
IMG_1978.jpeg
IMG_1977.jpeg

I don’t see this new line going very deep since Eaglemoss basically produced every recognizable ship (aside from some of the newer styles seen in Picard) in smaller versions. I thought Master Replicas was looking into offering some new products as well.

I’d like to see pre-painted model kits with lighting like Bandai did back in the day.

Bandai 1/850 U.S.S. Voyager LED Lighting Mod : r/StarTrekStarships

I don’t see this new line going very deep since Eaglemoss basically produced every recognizable ship (aside from some of the newer styles seen in Picard) in smaller versions. I thought Master Replicas was looking into offering some new products as well.

I’d like to see pre-painted model kits with lighting like Bandai did back in the day.

Bandai 1/850 U.S.S. Voyager LED Lighting Mod : r/StarTrekStarships

Since they said subscription I’m just assuming it’s the same as Eaglemoss. I don’t recall a specific size being mentioned.

Depending on how detailed these new ones are will make or break them if they are Eaglemoss size.

I would more lighter models. Or even a Fanhome type model that didn’t take two years to build.

I don’t think I’d partake in the DIY builds if that’s what they end up doing. I was initially interested in the Enterprise D build but after seeing some of the videos on YouTube I decided against it. Between the long build time and the level of imperfections (e.g. light bleed, panel gaps) at that price point it doesn’t seem worth it.

The final product is out and it’s not very impressive for the time and money investment. Not sure if those misaligned panels on the saucer are to due to installation errors or design, but there’s still visible seams and light bleed. The registry number looks odd to with that reddish hue. Looks more toy like vs. a model.

The Enterprise D by Aoshima is still the best pre-painted and lighted option.

The final product is out and it’s not very impressive for the time and money investment. Not sure if those misaligned panels on the saucer are to due to installation errors or design, but there’s still visible seams and light bleed. The registry number looks odd to with that reddish hue. Looks more toy like vs. a model.

The Enterprise D by Aoshima is still the best pre-painted and lighted option.

Yeah those seams are pretty bad like worse then TOMY bad.

It’s too bad Bandai doesn’t have the license anymore, they did a great job on the model kits back in the day and missed out on making the Enterprise D. Modellers have since updated them to include LED lighting in place of the original rice bulbs and they look fantastic for a fraction of the price of this build.

Back