Mezco One:12 - Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it odd that i want the 1/12 spock and the 1/6 qmx kirk?

been waiting to pull trigger was gonna go mez or qmx but found that i like the 1/6 kirk and like the 1/12 spock. not havin them to display together in same scale tho wouldn't be good.

skin tone on the qmx spock kinda bothers me compared to mez which i think is spot on. and the mez kirk sculpt isnt even close to as good as the 1/6 qmx IMO. gahhh

Not alone at all. Had the same dilema. Ultimately had to decide based on space.

How many One:12 could you get for the price of a QMX!?

About one and three quarters! The qmx' s are actually really reasonable for high end pieces... I got them for just shy of £150 each. So with an average Mezco retail price of 75ish quid it's roughly two for one.

If I had £300 to burn then I would be tempted by them that's for sure.

Didn't exactly have it to burn, but Ive wanted some high end trek stuff for years now so I couldn't let the opportunity pass. I've offloaded boxes and boxes of stuff I'm never going to get round to displaying, and it made me a tidy sum to pay for the qmx and mezcos.

If I move somewhere with space it'd look a bit bare if I put out all I've got now, so I'll hang onto stuff I have stored for now.

From NYCC 2016:

CaptainsChair.jpg

You guys are right about his feet not touching and the chair being too wide. Also I don't think the current Kirk figure can sit like that. I had to cheat mine so it appeared that he was sitting. What do you guys think?

I would hope they will rework it before release. At the very least make sure his feet touch, he looks like a kid in an adult chair this way.

I saw these yesterday at NYCC and I was blown away at how good these look! My jaw was on the floor! I was amazed at how detailed the head and hands are. The Trek figures are definitely the best of their 1:12 line, particularly the clothes. The clothes on most of their other figures are a little thick for the scale, but the Trek ones are pretty good.

I know what you mean. When I first heard about them I had reservations, particularly after seeing what NECA had done with Mego scale figures. However, when I saw Michael Crawford's review of Spock I was sold. I can't wait for the rest of the line.

How many Trek figures did you see!? There are only 3 on release, Spock, Sulu and Kirk. If you saw any more than that these are future releases and we'd love to know what they were.

I know what you mean. When I first heard about them I had reservations, particularly after seeing what NECA had done with Mego scale figures. However, when I saw Michael Crawford's review of Spock I was sold. I can't wait for the rest of the line.

How many Trek figures did you see!? There are only 3 on release, Spock, Sulu and Kirk. If you saw any more than that these are future releases and we'd love to know what they were.

There is also Cage Spock and Mirrior Mirror Spock avaliable now. Kirk has a varient coming soon with the trebbles.

Yeah, I knew about the variants, but, they're not so easy to get hold of and are pricey compared to the others. I saw the variant Kirk and thought that would be an exclusive like the Spocks were. What I asked Lu about was general release figures like Bones, Scotty or Uhura.

Ooh, I don't like that chair... It is a bit oversized isn't it. Not been on the boards for a few days, new puppy at home and everything's kind of crazy! Looking at that pic, I might be sticking with the AA chair. I did have a little trouble getting Jim to sit, but I solved that by bending him a little at the torso joint too, to make up the rest of the right angle that the hips couldn't do. Here's hoping we at least get to see some proto's for Bones and co, even if they're not going to offer them anytime soon......

Back