MEZCO ONE:12 Silent Screamers 1922 NOSFERATU!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do realize this is based on their old figure line of ‘silent screamers’ from the early 2000’s, right? That was one of Mezco’s first lines and heavily stylized.
, which worked well for the German Expressionism films most of them were based on. It’s a niche look for sure, but ideal for an exclusive. I wouldn’t be surprised if a more film accurate one is on the works too. There does seem to be at least one missing head as the stop motion trailer had a closed eyes head. So I doubt we’ve seen the last of the Count.

Yeah, that makes zero sense.

The recent figure by MEGO resembles the 1922 Nosferatu far better than the MEZCO figure.

It makes perfect sense. This in celebration of their 20th anniversary for the company, and for their Silent Screamers line, which were stylized back then. So they stayed close to the original unique design of the early figures, with Orlock's black eyes, rotting clothes, and elfin shoes. This design is extremely close to the 1922 films' art director, & designer Albin Grau's original sketches, and these images are on the early original posters for the film's release in Germany, and France.

You do realize this is based on their old figure line of ?silent screamers? from the early 2000?s, right? That was one of Mezco?s first lines and heavily stylized.
, which worked well for the German Expressionism films most of them were based on. It?s a niche look for sure, but ideal for an exclusive. I wouldn?t be surprised if a more film accurate one is on the works too. There does seem to be at least one missing head as the stop motion trailer had a closed eyes head. So I doubt we?ve seen the last of the Count.

"Inspired by the poster art for the 1922 film ?Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror?, the original ?Count Orlok? figure was sculpted by Stephan Linder. The One:12 Collective Nosferatu is a reimagined tribute to the original figure."

orlok.jpg

I honestly think had they had the ability to, the filmmakers would have made him pretty close to this figure. What they came up with was fabulous and that was nearly 100 years ago! The look is still very iconic for non-human looking vampires. So many vampires looks draw heavily from this unauthorized Dracula adaptation. You can’t ask for a bigger impact on film, or even literary, history than that!

This was a nice surprise! Jumped on it immediately. Stylized but looks wicked and cool as hell. I'd be all over a B&W screen accurate one too. Here's hoping they're fully reviving the line

It makes perfect sense. This in celebration of their 20th anniversary for the company, and for their Silent Screamers line, which were stylized back then. So they stayed close to the original unique design of the early figures, with Orlock's black eyes, rotting clothes, and elfin shoes. This design is extremely close to the 1922 films' art director, & designer Albin Grau's original sketches, and these images are on the early original posters for the film's release in Germany, and France.

It doesn't make sense to label it as 1922 Nosferatu when not even one of the heads looks like the character in the 1922 film.

It doesn't make sense to label it as 1922 Nosferatu when not even one of the heads looks like the character in the 1922 film.
It may not be a film accurate look, they don't claim it is, but it's still based on the character that came out in 1922. Whether or not they include the date has no influence over whether or not it resembles Max Schreck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It may not be a film accurate look, they don't claim it is, but it's still based on the character that came out in 1922. Whether or not they include the date has no influence over whether or not it resembles Max Schreck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If MEZCO produces a figure labeled as 1938 Superman, I expect it to look like 1938 Superman, not some inaccurate interpretation.

1922 Nosferatu means something very specific.

"Inspired by the poster art for the 1922 film Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror, the original Count Orlok. figure was sculpted by Stephan Linder. The One:12 Collective Nosferatu is a reimagined tribute to the original figure."

Anyone have a guess on when these first rounds ship? Super excited. I have watched and rewatched the Mezco unboxing video.

I would have thought by now. He was listed as ‘in stock’ and not ‘pre-order.’ Maybe they’ll just wait until after the Holiday and get him out next week? I doubt any company really wants to sit on stock longer than they have to - especially in this economy.

I thought I saw an announcement by Mezco saying that they would ship towards the end of the year.

The second batch, yes. The initial wave is made and ready to go. This was likely a planned SDCC exclusive they saved face on into a site exclusive. Without the con, I guess they figure that they might as well cash in as much as they can on this and opened up a second wave for preorder after the ‘in stock’ figures sold out.

Most annoying thing is making a $120 figure with a single jointed elbows. They will never improve their bodies as long as selling this good.

Hi, any european/international buyers for this figure' I tried to put an order for the figure to ship to Spain (for a whooping total of $200 icl shipping and tax) but their webpage won't let me order because my street name has the "?" character. I wrote them but they insist their webpage only accepts western characters... not true as it wont take any non-english ones.

If you know of any european shop or distributor please let me know, otherwise no Nosferatu for me

Back