Mezco One 12: Popeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that pic is dyin for a Bluto, Mezco needs to expand this line..

There was a Bluto in the MDX pics:

6188.Jpg

6189.Jpg

I don't know if that's supposed to be him in the second shot, but def the first I think.

The second pic is Ash.

I think the next Popeye figure will be a black and white version....and that's the end of it. I don't expect a Bluto. Still waiting for them to make TDKR Joker and Superman after several years. :lol

The second pic is Ash.

I think the next Popeye figure will be a black and white version....and that's the end of it. I don't expect a Bluto. Still waiting for them to make TDKR Joker and Superman after several years. :lol

:lol NOT Ash, just a photoshop and Watch Bluto show up at toyfair or SDCC next year

I'm just glad Mezco didn't make the classic suit Popeye a website exclusive. I might get the white suit version later on. I wish it came with a different head or different accessories tho. A beat up head would have been nice, since he likes to fight so much. I t dont get why they gave him a tattoo on his back? I mean, it's a nice hidden detail, but they should have given him more tattoos...like an Olive Oil and heart tattoos.

I was referring to the big guy behind Popeye in the second pic when I mentioned Bluto, but I don't think it's really him because he's not wearing a shirt.

The white sailor uniform reflects the 40's version of Popeye when they were showing support for the WW2 sailors and troops. That's cool and all but I was always a fan of the earlier Max and Dave Fleischer Popeye cartoons in black and white with the original outfit. But again, very happy to see this thing sell like gangbusters.

Damn I missed the white suit but got the original from BBTS PO. I remember buying the 2001 12” popeye that Mezco came out with years ago for dirt cheap. Still got that figure

Nothing from BBTS yet though they’ve been late on every figure I’ve ordered lately. I’m probably on their naughty list for cancelling too many pre-orders.

Mine from BBTS should be here on Wednesday I hate being 10min away from my shipment and not being able to pick them up.

Mine from BBTS should be here on Wednesday I hate being 10min away from my shipment and not being able to pick them up.

I’m about 20 minutes away from them myself. Only ordered from them once. Took 10 days. Order a lot from Timewalker (which is 8.5 hours away by car), always request combine orders for free shipping, and package arrives in two days usually. Go fig...

If you PO a lot and cancel frequently, Timewalker will probably stop doing business with you. They don’t carry the quantity, or variety of products that BBTS does. They are a small operation that can’t survive on that kind of behavior. If you switch to them, just be aware of that.

Qfo9HMO.jpg

djRtNnI.jpg

bGceTff.jpg

9eoPu1g.jpg

KQVnlx7.jpg

p8Jm19l.jpg

Complete photos gallery.

https://news.toyark.com/2018/04/02/popeye-one12-collective-figure-mezco-294820

"Well blow me down!” Mezco welcomes the ocean’s most renowned spinach-loving sailor, Popeye, into the One:12 Collective.
The One:12 Collective Popeye figure includes two masterfully crafted head portraits: a stern stare and a salty glare. Authentically presented in his classic sailor clothing and a removable pea coat, Popeye comes complete with a wide range of accessories including: a functional drawstring duffle bag, a collapsible spy glass, a compass with hinged lid, two spinach cans, three different hats, and two styles of corncob pipes.
He’s one tough Gazookus, which hates all Palookas! Created by E.C. Segar and first introduced in 1929, Popeye the Sailorman has become one of the most beloved and recognizable cartoon characters of all time. Known for his constant muttering, squinting, and superhuman strength after gulping down a can of spinach, Popeye will do whatever it takes to rescue his beloved Olive Oyl from the wicked hands of Bluto.

THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE POPEYE FIGURE FEATURES:

One:12 Collective body with over 28 points of articulation
Two (2) head portraits
Hand painted authentic detailing
Approximately 14cm tall
Seven (7) interchangeable hands
One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
One (1) holding hand for spinach and compass (L)
One (1) holding hand for spy glass (R)
One (1) pointing hand (L)
One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)

COSTUME:

Tailored black dress shirt
Blue slacks
Brown work boots
Tailored pea coat (removable)
Three (3) hats
Captain’s hat
Sailor’s hat
Longshoreman’s hat

ACCESSORIES:

Three (3) corncob pipes (fit into mouth of both heads)
Three (3) corncob pipes with smoke (fit into mouth of both heads)
Two (2) spinach cans
Open can
Closed can
Compass (Lid opens & closes)
Spy glass (collapsible)
Duffle bag Notepad++ Malwarebytes FileZilla

Each One:12 Collective Popeye figure is packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.

Really like this, wish they would do a 1/6 version. I have the Head Play statue version so might have pick this up to.

Hope this encourages Mezco to do more comic strip and pulp characters like Flash Gordon, The Shadow, The Phantom etc.

Back