Mezco One 12: Popeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In hand pics appearing online. Shipping in another week or so.

IMG-6521.JPGIMG-6522.JPGIMG-6523.JPGIMG-6524.JPGIMG-6525.JPGIMG-6526.JPG

Not sure we needed the shirtless pics but some might want to see the base body. I dig it just not sure if I should spend the cash on it. I have other Popeye figures that satisfy that niche in the collection. First world decisions.

Not sure we needed the shirtless pics but some might want to see the base body. I dig it just not sure if I should spend the cash on it. I have other Popeye figures that satisfy that niche in the collection. First world decisions.

I felt the same but it does show some decent sculpt work. Hell, a shirtless Iron Fist 1/6 scale figure is being sold now, at least Popeye has some clothes.:lol

A shirtless figure isn't my issue. It's a shirtless Popeye. I don't ever remember him being shirtless and if he was my child's mind must of wiped it out.:lol

Well, right off the bat the shoulders and biceps-triceps are backward.

I've never had any interest in these Mezco figures before, but I gotta say I'm highly tempted to get this one now after seeing Crawford's review. It just looks really damn cool.

This is an awesome little figure, and I do mean little. The only other Mezco 1:12 figure I have is the Dark Knight Returns and I'd forgotten how tiny it is. I was a little shocked at the size, but that might have to do with the price because I have other 1:12 figures from other companies that did not cost as much. Size aside, in the short time I've had him he is so much fun to pose. It really is cool. If you're a Popeye fan and are on the fence about the figure for whatever reason get off your ass and come down here 'cause this figure ain't no riddle man. I was bothered by the realistic nature of the figure, but it isn't an issue. It came out better than I could have expected.

I just received mine and, I am not only blown away I am "Blow Me Down!". Mezco really did something with this figure that I wasn't sure they could pull off. This is one of those figures that only happens once in a little while. A fully realized toy that just so happens to turn out to be close to perfect in a 1:12 inch scale environment, without compromising the original vision. When they released the initial pics they were so blown up and scrutinized that everyone and their dog came out to rampage on them. But for the die hard Popeye fan, it was a must own. This figure may not just be the best Popeye toy of all time, it may be the best Mezco figure of 2018.

Now having said that, if someone were to scrutinize the realization of the facial tones of the eyes... one could simply paint the small 1:12 scale eyeballs black as well as the eyebrows to get that cartoon Popeye look.

I remember watching the Popeye cartoons when I was a kid a lot. I loved the characters, even that guy who's so obsessed with hamburgers lol :) I never had a Popeye toy, although I did play the NES Popeye game where you had to beat up Bluto to save Olive. Anyway, I definitely love this Mezco Popeye, it's so awesome! I rarely have time to open up the toys I buy since I work 7 days a week, morning to night, but I just felt compelled to open him up right away upon getting him from the mail box!

I'm glad that Mezco Popeye fits very well with Figuarts and Figma toys.

QTQy4OW.jpg

gdA92fM.jpg

5WCVdAp.jpg

Back