Mezco One 12: Popeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine in the other day, I like it a lot but didn't love how Bluto's torso is one giant piece, no torso or butterfly articulation at all. I had kind of hoped it would be a great base body for larger figures, but it seems pretty limited to me. But anyway, he looks great, the paint work is stellar all over both figures, so really glad to have the set.

Got tired of waiting for BBTS so I was lucky to find the set at TNS figures for about $175 total and shipping is free. Excited to get it soon!.

I wonder if Mezco will release Bluto wearing the NAVY white sailor uniform. If so, will he be a single release or another two pack with a Popeye in the white uniform again?

Got tired of waiting for BBTS so I was lucky to find the set at TNS figures for about $175 total and shipping is free. Excited to get it soon!.

I saw that. Is TNS figures legit? I’ve heard about them before on other sites but noticed they’re in HK

I saw that. Is TNS figures legit? I?ve heard about them before on other sites but noticed they?re in HK
Yup they are legit. I've ordered a few things from them and they delivered with no issues.

I wonder if Mezco will release Bluto wearing the NAVY white sailor uniform. If so, will he be a single release or another two pack with a Popeye in the white uniform again?

I kind of doubt it, I mean maybe an exclusive, but I feel like Bluto is a harder sell to them, so probably why he's packed w/ Popeye anyway.

I kind of doubt it, I mean maybe an exclusive, but I feel like Bluto is a harder sell to them, so probably why he's packed w/ Popeye anyway.
Unless they do another two pack with an exclusive variant of Bluto and Poopdeck pappy maybe with a dinghy with pirate flag.

I am thinking a black and white grey scale skin and outfits version similar to Popeyes outfit In the new box set. They did it for Kong.

I think they would be hesitant to do a “realistic” Olive but I’d love to see their take on it. Swee’Pea too.

IMG_20201103_142733_984.jpg

Attachments

• 20201103_123324.jpg
    20201103_123324.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 97
Well, this was one of my favorite projects to date. Most of the stuff that isn?t Mezco I bought from Hobby Lobby. I painted the Octopus with yellow eyes like the movie lol. The dock is actually wooden picture decor holders I stuck together. Took forever to get the poses just right. Mezco joint pegs pop out so easily. But all in all it was a lot of fun.

5F47D186-355F-40E9-A288-BDF0D44D689C.jpg
E9C1D8EE-34E8-4E3D-85BE-FEF42EBFFE91.jpgC6ECF80A-82EA-4124-8B2F-E6FC54E386E0.jpgB5E6D8B6-410D-45F8-8FA4-F57D4B688FA5.jpgA730DEA9-A075-40B0-BAC4-5EB33264F36A.jpgC97626B8-8BC7-4529-94C3-F8BB0F9F275E.jpg

Last edited:
Great dio! I need to make a Hobby Lobby stop for that, I've been wanting to do a dock for them as well.

Back